New Sand Land project announced

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: New Sand Land project announced

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:06 am

sangofe wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:17 am I had a brain fart and thought steam haha. Is it anywhere else than Disney plus?
Hulu for US and STAR+ for outside US.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:56 pm

Maybe I missed something but was wondering if I'm the only one who doesn't get a sub option for this show on hulu? I don't understand Japanese so I'd at least like to be able to read what there saying.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:22 pm

Never mind I figured out what was wrong

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:45 am

I'm watching Sand Land now. It's really good! There's suspense but also humor and unpredictable events. You can really sense the Toriyama flair! I will for sure buy it if it comes out on Blu-Ray. An excellent news is that the full color manga has been announced to be released in France this fall!

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:25 am

sangofe wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:45 am I'm watching Sand Land now. It's really good! There's suspense but also humor and unpredictable events. You can really sense the Toriyama flair! I will for sure buy it if it comes out on Blu-Ray. An excellent news is that the full color manga has been announced to be released in France this fall!
Hopefully it gets a blu-ray release since companies seem so anti-physical media these days.

Does Disney have international rights? Because if they do the chance we'll see a physical release is pretty damn slim

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:34 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:25 am
sangofe wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:45 am I'm watching Sand Land now. It's really good! There's suspense but also humor and unpredictable events. You can really sense the Toriyama flair! I will for sure buy it if it comes out on Blu-Ray. An excellent news is that the full color manga has been announced to be released in France this fall!
Hopefully it gets a blu-ray release since companies seem so anti-physical media these days.

Does Disney have international rights? Because if they do the chance we'll see a physical release is pretty damn slim
If all else fails https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/produc ... UTF8&psc=1

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:57 am

I wish the subtitles would be properly translated from Japanese... The French subs are horrible (seems translated from the english dub) and the english subs could be better.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:22 am

I've béen watching the show dubbed in English and will most likely give it a rewatch immediately after I'm gone thru all the initial 6 episodes. It is usually a slow burn for me if I were to binge thru a series like that but this show, I breezed through fairly quick.
The world is your's.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:51 am

tinlunlau wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:22 am I've béen watching the show dubbed in English and will most likely give it a rewatch immediately after I'm gone thru all the initial 6 episodes. It is usually a slow burn for me if I were to binge thru a series like that but this show, I breezed through fairly quick.
It's amazing. It's peak Akira Toriyama.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:12 am

sangofe wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:51 am
tinlunlau wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:22 am I've béen watching the show dubbed in English and will most likely give it a rewatch immediately after I'm gone thru all the initial 6 episodes. It is usually a slow burn for me if I were to binge thru a series like that but this show, I breezed through fairly quick.
It's amazing. It's peak Akira Toriyama.
Peak Toriyama was and will always be with Dragon Ball.
The world is your's.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:48 am

Watched first 6 episodes, it was pretty enjoyable and charming, it has that Toriyama simplicity that one loves. Looking forward to that new story he supervised.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:42 pm

I love the show, first time since the manga in the short live American V-jump days (Is that what it was called?) that I've thought about this series.

Only thing I really don't like about this series though just might be Beelzebub himself. He just feels very shonen protagonist arch type to me, and little more. But every other character more than makes up for him though. Especially loved Rao, and the Swimmers as characters.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:51 pm

Having just watched episode 8 can I just say Ann is my new favorite female Toriyama character design

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:50 pm

This is great so far! I'm loving the world and characters. The opening slaps and I love the ending, too.

I hope we get more adaptations of Toriyama's non DB stories. I've been waiting for an anime of the Jaco manga for ages now (even though that's technically a DB story, but I didn't know that when I first started reading it). fingers crossed we get that some day.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:17 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:50 pm This is great so far! I'm loving the world and characters. The opening slaps and I love the ending, too.

I hope we get more adaptations of Toriyama's non DB stories. I've been waiting for an anime of the Jaco manga for ages now (even though that's technically a DB story, but I didn't know that when I first started reading it). fingers crossed we get that some day.
Don't forget Neko Majin!

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:21 pm

Binged the first seven episodes today and had a blast. I'm not quite sure how to feel about this new story arc so far, but the interactions between Beelzebub and Muniel are a lot of fun.

I'm thinking I'll do a write-up about the show at some point after it's over.
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):