Legendary Super Saiyan is weaker than a Super Saiyan 2?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shenlong Zhanshi

Legendary Super Saiyan is weaker than a Super Saiyan 2?

Post by Shenlong Zhanshi » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:35 am

According to the DragonUniverse Wiki, it said that according to Daizenshuu 7 that the Legendary Super Saiyan form makes Broli stronger than a ordinary Super Saiyan, but weaker than a Super Saiyan 2. But it didn't link to the actual scan that states it. Is there an actual scan from Daizenshuu 7 that states that? Thank you.

https://dragonballuniverse.fandom.com/w ... ?so=search

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Legendary Super Saiyan is weaker than a Super Saiyan 2?

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:18 pm

Very interesting.

So what would be it's multiplier? 75?

Shenlong Zhanshi

Post by Shenlong Zhanshi » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:13 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:18 pm Very interesting.

So what would be it's multiplier? 75?
I usually give it the same multiplier as Super Saiyan Grade III (which in case you're wondering, I put it as 80x Base (or 1.6x Super Saiyan)).

But again, I'm just wondering if there's an actual scan from the seventh Daizenshuu that the Legendary Super Saiyan form makes Broli stronger than a ordinary Super Saiyan, but weaker than a Super Saiyan 2.

Would you mind helping me find said scan?

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:42 pm

Well, we'd have to take a look at his movies to make an estimated guess.

In his first movie, Broly was kept under control by Paragus' device, and it affected his mind by turning him basically docile. It doesn't feel like his base state was particularly powerful, or that Paragus risked training him for fear of losing control over him. Even his regular SS was "handled" by Goku without transforming. However, that changes when he goes "legendary" Super Saiyan proper, and his power skyrockets to the point that he can't even keep it in his body.

In his Second Coming, Broly manhandled SS2 Gohan when he went Legendary, despite his regular Super Saiyan not forcing the boy to transform, just like with his dad 7 years ago.

I'd say, then, that Broly during the first movie was between SS and SS2. Afterwards, his near death experience allowed him to surpass SS2 Gohan.

So, to me, the narrative suggests that the form itself is ridiculously powerful. By how much, I do not know, but for sure stronger than both SS and SS2, if it's able to make a "meek" Broly into such a threat.

About scans, though... Yeah, can't help it haha

DaSuperBaby

Post by DaSuperBaby » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:52 pm

From what I found, there's no part of Daizenshuu 7 that states Legendary Super Saiyan is "weaker" than Super Saiyan 2. But, I know that there's a "Super Saiyan Genealogy" section in the final supplemental Daizenshuu (TV Animation Part 3) that talks about the Super Saiyan forms seen in the anime. Given its descriptions of Super Saiyan 3 and Gohan's "Ultimate" state, plus the ranking of the forms, it seems like the writer(s) of this mini-guide was/were trying to say that Super Saiyan 2 is more powerful than Legendary Super Saiyan (or "B-type," as it's called in this section), but it doesn't explicitly say something like, "Super Saiyan Grades 2–3 and Super Saiyan 2 are stronger than Legendary Super Saiyan." Either way, this mini-guide doesn't have to be taken as gospel.

Also, Fandom's "Dragon Universe Wiki" (like many of its other wikis) says a lot of things that are false or unconfirmed, so I wouldn't rely on it too much. Continue looking for the official sources like your doing now.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:23 pm

The mini-guide in question only establishes where there is a branch in the Saiyan evolution line without particularly suggesting a powerscalling comparison between them.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:26 am

Supposedly in the movie verse gohan didn't stop training.

So either it's better than SS2 or simply Broly Zenkaied so much between the movies that he's stronger than Gohan despite the smaller multiplier.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:06 am

SSJ Broly is so weak that he struggles against Base Gohan, Base Gohan put up a good fight.

Legendary SSJ Broly gave SSJ2 Gohan trouble.

As for Movie 8 Broly was fighting the Z fighters nerfed. The evidence is Gohan being the weakest, therefore Goku training partner wouldn't benefit him in training making him weaker.