Has it ever been confirmed why the Bang Zoom dub of Super was cancelled?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Has it ever been confirmed why the Bang Zoom dub of Super was cancelled?

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:41 am

I always refer to TheBlackPaladin's word that there was trouble behind the scenes:
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:31 pm
For whatever it's worth, I'm friends/friendly acquaintances in real life with a few of the actors involved in the Bang-Zoom dub, as I'm an LA-based voice actor myself (albeit not a famous one, as my work is mostly commercials, promos, and non-broadcast narration). A few days ago, one of them posted on Facebook that they "hate" Dragon Ball Super now, and would explain why in more detail once they were given the OK to do so.

In the interest of not getting this voice actor in trouble, I won't say who it is or what role they played (although I will reveal at least that it's none of the voice actors who actually signed up for Kanzenshuu and commented on this thread). However, this actor was very, very, very excited to be a part of Dragon Ball, as this voice actor is a huge fan of the franchise. So, the timing of this announcement from Cartoon Network India, combined this voice actor's sudden change in attitude and their phrasing about talking about it in more detail once they were "given the OK," suggests that something happened behind the scenes with the Bang-Zoom dub.

It could mean several different things. Maybe this voice actor was recast. However, my interpretation--and I stress the word interpretation, here--is that the Bang-Zoom dub really has been cancelled, and the announcement video that TheRed259 brought up may very well be referring to the return of the show in the form of the FUNimation dub.
Obviously this is vague to protect the actor's work, but has anyone ever heard anything from the powers that be at Bang Zoom that can shed more light on their decision to never go past episode 27?

I've heard from a reliable source Funimation intervened, but not to what extent.

I have also been given reason to believe Cartoon Network India continued rerunning the Bang Zoom dub, at least for Super episodes 1-27, maybe even to this day in whatever parts of the country its English feeds are broadcast in. Evidently Pakistan too, at least a good 4+ years after it originally ended.

The various local Super dubs were based on Bang Zoom for those first 27 episodes so presumably Cartoon Network never saw any reason to replace the masters.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: