Crunchyroll is re-releasing the Dragon Ball Super Complete Series steelbook set

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Crunchyroll is re-releasing the Dragon Ball Super Complete Series steelbook set

Post by mecha3000 » Sat May 25, 2024 1:52 am

Just wanted to let everyone know that Crunchyroll is re-releasing the Dragon Ball Super Complete Steelbook Set on July 31 so if you missed your chance to get it, here's another one. I already bought a new set from eBay last year (after selling my original to get a sealed copy), but I think I'll double dip and get this one so I can open one and keep the other sealed. And the price is decent too compared to second hand sellers.

Here's the link: https://store.crunchyroll.com/products/ ... 06491.html

Again, though, as grateful as I am for re-releases of rarer items like this, when will Crunchyroll devote their resources to giving Dragon Ball and GT the Blu-ray treatment, especially after that amazing France release for OG Dragon Ball. And like always, the 2008 special (licensing issues?), Plan to Eradicate, and Episode of Bardock have not been dubbed in English. Just like with Crunchyroll ignoring YYH Movie 2 in favor of the newer OVAs, I've given up hope.

But still, Crunchyroll is continuing the tradition of the same re-releases instead of licensing, dubbing, or re-releasing other Dragon Ball material. Well, hopefully Daima gets home releases and isn't streaming only.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: Crunchyroll is re-releasing the Dragon Ball Super Complete Series steelbook set

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat May 25, 2024 6:06 am

mecha3000 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:52 am Just wanted to let everyone know that Crunchyroll is re-releasing the Dragon Ball Super Complete Steelbook Set on July 31 so if you missed your chance to get it, here's another one. I already bought a new set from eBay last year (after selling my original to get a sealed copy), but I think I'll double dip and get this one so I can open one and keep the other sealed. And the price is decent too compared to second hand sellers.

Here's the link: https://store.crunchyroll.com/products/ ... 06491.html
This is great news for anyone who missed it. If money wasn't a problem I'd quadruple dip on Super with this set just because of how nice it looks, but glad others who never bought the series can now do so with an edition they'd prefer over all other options.
mecha3000 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:52 am Again, though, as grateful as I am for re-releases of rarer items like this, when will Crunchyroll devote their resources to giving Dragon Ball and GT the Blu-ray treatment, especially after that amazing France release for OG Dragon Ball. And like always, the 2008 special (licensing issues?), Plan to Eradicate, and Episode of Bardock have not been dubbed in English. Just like with Crunchyroll ignoring YYH Movie 2 in favor of the newer OVAs, I've given up hope.
Yeah, sadly it doesn't seem likely at this point. Despite being little more than a rebranding exercise and still DVD-only were lucky Crunchyroll re-released GT at all. Funimation hasn't re-released original Dragon Ball since 2010. In the US its been overshadowed by Dragon Ball Z too much and has never been given the respect it deserves. Derek Padula was told a new release would be coming in 2013 but sadly nothing ever came of that.

The specials would be great too, but unfortunately we've never heard anything official about them, ever. Chris Sabat said it was money and time but he's just an actor and ADR director, so that could have been merely an educated guess.
mecha3000 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:52 amBut still, Crunchyroll is continuing the tradition of the same re-releases instead of licensing, dubbing, or re-releasing other Dragon Ball material. Well, hopefully Daima gets home releases and isn't streaming only.
At this point I'm not hopeful about Crunchyroll digging into the catalogue but I'd be quite surprised if Daima doesn't get a home release.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: