MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 9/28/26!)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.
User avatar
coola
I Live Here
Posts: 3527
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Poland

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 7/6/26!)

Post by coola » Tue Jul 07, 2026 6:17 pm

Scsigs wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2026 6:04 pm
Kid Buu wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2026 11:46 am The teacher in Season 1 is female and not in a relationship with anyone. You might be thinking of Nephrite, who Naru has a crush on but he's just using her to get to Moon. To me their relationship became more of a Piccolo-Gohan dyanmic, rather than anything sexual.
I thought he took over as a teacher for their school, no?

I mean, yeah, but that's my point. He was just using her, but I still find that whole dynamic as...really iffy because he's still posing as an adult while she's like 14.
Similar thing happened in Card Captor Sakura manga

As for that infamous Sorbet almost killing Goku, i might be wrong, but, it seems like even through manga, surprise attack does way more damage, even from weaker opponent that couldnt scratch them before, and Sorbet even used piercing ki blast
Image
Image
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

User avatar
Kid Buu
I Live Here
Posts: 4426
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:02 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 7/6/26!)

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Jul 07, 2026 7:06 pm

Scsigs wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2026 6:04 pm
Kid Buu wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2026 11:46 am The teacher in Season 1 is female and not in a relationship with anyone. You might be thinking of Nephrite, who Naru has a crush on but he's just using her to get to Moon. To me their relationship became more of a Piccolo-Gohan dyanmic, rather than anything sexual.
I thought he took over as a teacher for their school, no?

I mean, yeah, but that's my point. He was just using her, but I still find that whole dynamic as...really iffy because he's still posing as an adult while she's like 14.
I don't think he was ever a teacher, maybe you mean the tennis coach episode?

Either way, the narrative, and the Sailor Senshi agree that he's fucked up and just using her, so the the show still portrays it as bad. Like, I agree with you the way the 90s anime handled Usagi and Mamoru isn't good, but I'm willing to forgo this on because Nephrite is a POS who does die and thankfully Naru moves on from him.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Doctor Seaweed Roll
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2026 3:08 pm

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 7/6/26!)

Post by Doctor Seaweed Roll » Fri Jul 24, 2026 11:20 pm

Hey MistareFusion if you somehow catch up in the future & there is no more Dragonball manga or anime to cover would you actually go back and do a Dr Slump Dissection spin off. Just curious

User avatar
Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6141
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 7/6/26!)

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Jul 28, 2026 6:33 pm

Doctor Seaweed Roll wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2026 11:20 pm Hey MistareFusion if you somehow catch up in the future & there is no more Dragonball manga or anime to cover would you actually go back and do a Dr Slump Dissection spin off. Just curious
I admit I haven't given it much thought. I bought the first couple of volumes of Slump about 20 years ago when Viz started putting them out, but I never continued past that. So I'd probably have to read it first.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)

Doctor Seaweed Roll
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2026 3:08 pm

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 7/6/26!)

Post by Doctor Seaweed Roll » Thu Jul 30, 2026 2:26 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2026 6:33 pm
Doctor Seaweed Roll wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2026 11:20 pm Hey MistareFusion if you somehow catch up in the future & there is no more Dragonball manga or anime to cover would you actually go back and do a Dr Slump Dissection spin off. Just curious
I admit I haven't given it much thought. I bought the first couple of volumes of Slump about 20 years ago when Viz started putting them out, but I never continued past that. So I'd probably have to read it first.
thanks

User avatar
Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6141
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 8/3/26!)

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Aug 03, 2026 9:01 am

Maneuvering the Multiverse - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 1

Welcome to a whole new universe, both for the characters and for Dragon Ball! When another god of destruction shows up, it completely shakes up what it means to be a denizen of the Dragon World... or Dragon Universe? Dragon Universes? But the fictional world isn't all that's expanding, as the manga itself begins forging an identity and expanding its page count! We talk Toyotarou, Dragon Ball AF, and the multiverse in today's Dragon Ball Dissection!

It's a whole new arc, so let me know what you think and what you want to make sure I talk about as I keep going!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)

User avatar
Kid Buu
I Live Here
Posts: 4426
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:02 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 8/3/26!)

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Aug 03, 2026 9:53 am

I remember that 2004 April Fools prank. That made me realise my account is 22 years old lol. :O

Almost expected a 6-7 meme when you were talking about Universes 6 and 7.

Regarding Sailor Moon, Michael Jackson is said to exist in the Sailor Moon universe while Bubbles is in Dragon Ball. So clearly the universes are one and the same!
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6141
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 8/31/26!)

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Aug 31, 2026 9:04 am

Super Retcon Balls - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 2

There's a tournament afoot, and this time it won't be interrupted! But before it gets rolling, characters are preparing like crazy. Dragon Ball Super introduces Super Dragon Balls, which can't be a coincidence. Poor Jaco seems frozen in time, existing only to play taxi to Blooma. All this and the joys of middle age? It must be Dragon Ball Dissection! I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)

User avatar
Kid Buu
I Live Here
Posts: 4426
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:02 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 8/31/26!)

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Aug 31, 2026 10:44 am

This video made me realise that Daima is the only Dragon Ball TV show without a tournament. DB has the 3 Budokais and the Baba tournament. Z has 25th Budokai (got interupted but finished with the battle royale), the afterlife tournament and the Cell Games if you count that. GT had an episode in the Super 17 arc with a tournament, and the flashforward in the final episode. Super of course has this tournament and the Tournament of Power.

Ironically at that N64 reference, I don't think the N64 got any DBZ games while the SNES and Gamecube did.

The eye catch for Sailor Moon S does say "Sailor Moon Super" so I'm kind of surprised you didn't realise it at the time, unless you were going off that old English dub that I didn't see as it didn't air in the UK. The Sailor Moon R eyecatch ironically just says "Sailor Moon Aryuu" instead of saying Returns, while the SuperS eyecatch just goes back to "Sailor Moon" instead of having the SuperS. Interesgintly the Sailor Stars eyecatch is "Sailor Stars" which I guess is right since Moon was dropped from the title then.

Lmao at the Gohan loses comment. He just doesn't like to fight....when the plot says so.

Congrats on the 202nd video!
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6141
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 9/28/26!)

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:01 am

The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)

Dragon Ball Dissection continues its look at the tournament with Universe 6! Goku fights an angry Winnie the Pooh and becomes the same kind of "dirty fighter" his GT self would absolutely hate. But when the latest Freeza clone starts making quick work of the entire team, will Vegeta step up to save the day, or will he sabotage everything? Eh... little of column A, little of column B. Still, though, even that is a huge step up for him!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 9/28/26!)

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:00 pm

Regarding the frms of Frieza's race, If I recall correctly it's stated that they're designed forms, not natural ones. So for other Frieza aliens, They ought to all have something akin to the Fourth form since that is the true form of the species, but any of their other forms would be different because they wouldn't have the same aethetic preference. And I don't think they'd be obligated to have the same number of forms either.

User avatar
Kid Buu
I Live Here
Posts: 4426
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:02 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 9/28/26!)

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:18 pm

I feel like Frost as a character might have worked better had Freeza not been seen since the Super 17 arc, but this came right after an arc where Freeza was the big bad again.

I do wonder if this was just so the writers let Vegeta finally beat "Freeza"....and then you brought that up in the video lol.

Sport anthems are common in real life in international tournaments, so I guess DB does them in inter-universe tournaments?

Honestly, after reading the original DB manga, most battle manga are harder to follow the fights. Toriyama the GOAT.

I hope one day, Goku's son Uub and Vegeta's son Cabba cross paths and continue their fathers rivlaries.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7990
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 9/28/26!)

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Sep 29, 2026 12:02 am

Check out my conspiracy theory regarding Buu and that arc in the comments over there.
I believe I have posted it on Kanzenshuu before, just can't remember.

Post Reply