The Ginyu Force

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:25 pm

Jello people. Jello is the ultimate evil. Jello will rule the world.
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

Pirate Hunter

Post by Pirate Hunter » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:28 pm

What kind of Jello?

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:34 pm

The Green Jello. :D

johnnyboy

Post by johnnyboy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:21 pm

Jello? How?

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:09 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:I know in the dub at one point Jeez says to Ginyu that Goku might be a mutant like them, but as far as I know, that's just Funimation doing their "let's just make this up and assume it probably true anyway" thing.
No, it was in the danish manga as well.

Ginyu: He's probably around 60000...
Jeeze: WHAT?! No Saiya-jins are THAT strong!
Ginyu: Ha ha... You shouldn't count on it.
Ginyu: He must be a mutant... Like us... It looks like this will be an interesting battle.

I Like Dragonball

Post by I Like Dragonball » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:38 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:But you don't understand, I'm an insane villian! Just like Tarantulus! It's not supposed to make sense! :D
I'm giving you a big hug for that!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:32 pm

Aw shucks! Now you're making me blush! :roll: Hah! see Pysliam, someone's impressed with me!
Dai, that's really interesting to find out that that line was in the Danish version too. Maybe Julian or Steve could tell us what the exact Japanese lines are in the anime and manga, it could be different from Viz's and Funi's version.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:51 pm

Well I'm not Steve or Julian, but I'm a person with minor Japanese knowledge, and now I'm pretty curious what was originally said, too. :D Ginyuu says, "Wareware to onajiku totsuzenhen'i de umareta choutensai senshi na n darou..." Not 100% certain, but I think that's something along the lines of, "He's probably a super genius warrior born with a mutation, just like us..."

I guess a person born a mutation is a mutant. I never noticed this line before now, cool trivia. This would be something good for the Factoids section.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:16 am

The Ginyu twits were mutants of their respective unmentioned races, granting them 00ber power beyond that obtained by even eating vast amounts of green jellow.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:53 am

Dayspring
The Ginyu twits were mutants of their respective unmentioned races, granting them 00ber power beyond that obtained by even eating vast amounts of green jellow

DaySpring I like your style. :P

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:12 am

Thanks for the insight TripleRach, greatly appreciated! And yeah, it would be good for the "Factoids" section. Now, what is this obsessive thing with Jell-o guys!? Is there something I'm missing here? :wink:

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:13 pm

TripleRach wrote:Well I'm not Steve or Julian, but I'm a person with minor Japanese knowledge, and now I'm pretty curious what was originally said, too. :D Ginyuu says, "Wareware to onajiku totsuzenhen'i de umareta choutensai senshi na n darou..." Not 100% certain, but I think that's something along the lines of, "He's probably a super genius warrior born with a mutation, just like us..."
That's dead on. (I would only change "genius" to "gifted," since people tend to associate "genius" exclusively with smarts, but that's just my preference, and doesn't make your translation any less correct.)

Mmm, green Jell-o. (gurgle)

(Maybe "prodigy," but it would require a re-write)

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:07 pm

Now, what is this obsessive thing with Jell-o guys!? Is there something I'm missing here?
It's divine power, Jersey! Jeebus turned wine into it and everything! (Near the end, in the whole divine wrate section fortelling the future: "Recipes" or something)

It's also fun to eat off your lover. :twisted:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:41 pm

Well I guess it's a shame I have to miss out on this "divine power" thing. I'm a vegetarian and we can't eat Jell-O. Gelatin in it don't ya know. :wink: I'll just have to stick with getting my divine powers from me vitamin fortified soy milk! Waahaaahaaahaaaa! :twisted:

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:44 am

Don't come crying to me when you end up all week and feable and get beaten up by little girls with pillows.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:06 am

Hey I'm not weak, I can do 500 sit-ups! Okay, so I can't do them hanging upside in 100Gs during a meteor shower in a spaceship like Goku can, but give me a break! I'm only human! And even he needed a senzu bean afterwards! :wink: And by the way Liam, you mispelled "weak" and "feeble"! A point for me Mr. English Grammar King! Hahahahahahaha :twisted: :P

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:23 am

I suffer from, er, Spontanious Letter Transposition Syndrome, and I'll be thankful if you don't mock it. No-one understands my pain, nor that it should be useable as an excuse for everything I do wrong.

And 500 sit-ups? In a row? Good grief. Haven't you got anything better to do with your time? You don't get pointless, boring, dragged-out filler episodes in real life, y'know.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:49 am

No, I can't really do 500 sit-ups at once. Only 495! Hee hee! In all seriousness though, no of course I have better things to do with my time, like calling you up on your spelling mistakes! So is there some kind of charity for this Spontaneous Letter Transposition Syndrome you are afflicted with? It sounds very tragic and sad! sniff! sniff! :cry:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:09 pm

Only 495? Bah! I once did 762!! Well it was for charity ($1 for each situp) but still a hell of a lot! Two weeks later (after the excruciating pain subsided) I had the abs for the one and only time of my life.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 pm

Did you walk around wearing a crop top, saying "I am hot. Yes."? Because I would have.

All charity money must be sent directly to me. No middle men.