"Three Outta Four Ain't Bad" official web premiere

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Three Outta Four Ain't Bad" official web premiere

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:12 pm

(Forgive me... I'm just copying the text as-is from my AMVorg announcement post... too lazy to type anything new)

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=45066

Title: "Three Outta Four Ain't Bad"
Editor: Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie
Artist: Papaya
Song: "Pink Dinosaur"
Source: DragonBall Z

It's a DBZ video. A DBZ dance video. Somehow it made the main contest. Came in third in its category ("Honorable Mention," as it has been called in Otakon days of past).

What a retarded concept. But people laughed. A lot. I'm thoroughly amused with myself~!

Oh, and the title...? It's explained at the very beginning of the video ^^;;
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:20 am

Clap Clap Clap. BRAVO EX! Another success--- Wait, lemme watch it first, then we'll continue...

::Watches::

... Okay, I still agree. R0x0rzz. :-)
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:52 pm

Great concept. Who wouldve thought, a Fat Buu video, better yet, a Fat Buu video with no fighting!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:13 pm

Ahh, that was mind-numbingly cute. Catchy song, nice premise, overall great work. :)

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:37 pm

Good point nr. 1 .... The title showed some originality, and had some sort of relation to both the video footage and audio used. Most AMVs out there simply choose the title of the song as the title, or else choose a title that only refers to the footage of the video, or the audio used. Whereas your video title, ''Three Outta Four Ain't Bad'', made sense compared to both, and indicated a relation.

Good point 2... It was hilarious! I'm serious. Starting off great with the lyrics ''Sweet little dinosaur'' played to Majin Buu madly powering up energy, with a murderous look in his eyes, going further with Buu having fun massively slaughtering people, played to an upbeat dance sequence. Great stuff. Stellar editing and just great fun. I can't help but laugh every time I see Buu popping up behind the cliff Babidi is standing on, timed to the song.

Bad points? I disliked the song. I mean, I can deal with ''poppy'' songs, but this ones voice made me want to kill something at certain times. Luckily, I quickly adapted.

Overall, it's a fun video. I can't say anything but that. Not terribly original. Nothing terribly exciting, refreshing or anything of the like. It was a fun, dance video, and it served its purpose of making me laugh. When a fun video does that, well... What kind of bad things are there to say about it?
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Originally I had a lot more of Buu killing tons of people in the video, but it just wasn't fitting with the mood the beginning of the video had set, so it all got changed. If I were to use a full version of the song, I would have slowly moved over to more muderous rampages. The only problem with that would be the video would get really old if it was any longer. I'm happy with the length; it gets in, and gets out.

Someday soon I'll do an actual full-length DBZ video, again, that has some real artistic merit...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:37 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Someday soon I'll do an actual full-length DBZ video, again, that has some real artistic merit...
I'm looking forward to somebody making a full-length DBZ dance video, with the Ginyu force, Great Saiyaman, and maybe the Bon-Para brothers. :lol:

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:41 pm

That was the cutest damn thing I've seen in a while. Lots of fun. :D

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:08 am

Prettiful.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:16 pm

An absolute delight EX! ^_^
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Tofu

Post by Tofu » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:01 pm

Awesome video. My dear friend Jeecheroo (formerly Massacre Man) had introduced me to the song months ago, so I was already familiar with it before download. Like you said, the full-length would've gotten really old; you got just the right length. Nice work.
[b]Tofu[/b]: Is oppressed.