TANKÔBON Movie Ten

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mrsubway

TANKÔBON Movie Ten

Post by mrsubway » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:05 pm

Is the DBZ movie 10 TANKÔBON available in the US, and if so, where?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:37 pm

Sorry, it's not been released yet by FUNimation. The last movie they put out was movie 8, so you'll just have to wait.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:46 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:
mrsubway wrote:Is the DBZ movie 10 TANKÔBON available in the US, and if so, where?
Sorry, it's not been released yet by FUNimation. The last movie they put out was movie 8, so you'll just have to wait.
Err... he means the Movie Comics, actually...

I'm pretty sure that Viz has said before that they'd rather concentrate on the series proper before doing any of the movie volumes (since they're just stills from the movies with speech bubbles and sound effects, anyway). The best way to get it in America is probably by watching auction sites (eBay is likely your best bet, although there are others), because as far as I know, these volumes are out of print in Japan.

So... good luck!
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:01 am

SaiyaJedi's right on with his info. I've actually seen that particular volume of movie tankobon for sale quite frequently on e-bay. Keep checking there, beayse I'm pretty sure you'll get lucky as it will most likely pop up again.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:35 am

x_x

Okay, just disregard my post...

It mightve helped if he had actually said what a Tankobon was before I made myself look foolish... :?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:43 am

A "tankobon" is the Japanese word for graphic novel. In the case of the one here in question, it's actually a "film manga or comic". So it's basically a comic telling the story of DBZ movie 10 with stills of the anime movie instead of a manga artist's drawings. And don't worry about looking foolish, we all started out not knowing anything about this stuff, it's learn as you go. 8)