Am I on something? DBZ Game-related dream...

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The S
I Live Here

Am I on something? DBZ Game-related dream...

Post by The S » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:09 pm

Okay, last night, I had this awfully weird dream that although it was modern times, the most powerful game machine was the Atari 2600. And Atari still had the licensing for DBZ. What's that mean?

Introducing Dragon Ball Z: Rebirth of Fusion for the Atari 2600! (I made visual aids! :lol: )

This is the title screen. Awesome, isn't it?

The characters (from left to right): Goku, Vegeta, Pikehan, Goten, Trunks

The game was simple, very simple. You just fly around shooting resurrected villains. Here, I believe, are Atari's representations of Lord Slug and Zarbon (what is intresting to know, is it was easy to distinguish who was who in the game). You only got one hit and it was game over, but the game was so easy you couldn't really lose.

There was three bosses, and if you played as Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, or Goten, they'd become Gogeta or Gotenks. The three bosses were Frieza, Janemba Form 1, and Janemba Form 2. This is Gogeta vs. Janemba form 2. After beating Janemba Form 2, the game started over, a little bit tougher.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:12 pm

:shock:

That's...really messed up. But the visual aids were great.

oponok
Beyond Newbie

Post by oponok » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:22 am

Naw, what's messed-up is Android 18 being either raped or having her clothes randomly explode. It's hard to tell from her expression. Her face just says, "Whoops! There go my clothes, again," perhaps before she's victimized by some random DBZ character demanding sodomy. We'll never know. Hopefully.

Terrific work. This game completely and utterly captures the feel of its inspirational resource (as did all 2600 licensed games), and I can only hope Atari wisens up and starts development on this dream project as soon as possible. However, I don't think the Atari 2600 is capable of the features you expect, so we'll just have to settle either for Dragonball Z Ping Pong or perhaps they'll dwelve into the classic "two-unidentifiable-lumps-shooting-brick-like-objects-at-eachother" genre.

I love the rendition of Shenron.
"In fact, the United States Alf Fanfiction Department has issued notices offering high paying jobs for more Alf fanfiction, which they believe could immediately resolve countless global issues such as world hunger."

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:58 am

oponok wrote:Naw, what's messed-up is Android 18 being either raped or having her clothes randomly explode.
Well, I don't see anything "messed-up" simply from the cropped picture. As to what else it may have, I'll just leave that up to your imagination. :wink:

The S, I wish to have this game you dreamed up. I'm willing to trade you Taiketsu for it. :D

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:40 pm

Well, I won't be able to give it to you in cartridge form, but I could whip up some quick PC program that is exactly the same... call it "emulation" I guess....

Anything for a free copy of the shittiest DB game in existance!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:10 am

Too bad it couldn't look that good... it'd be more like this:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:42 am

"Dooo....DOoo....DOOo....DOOO....Dooo"

Best musical score for a game EVER. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:54 am

The 18 picture looks more like as if she's thinking "Uh oh, Deus is up to his tricks again.". Seriously, if a girl walked by and her top fell off, I would still blame it on you, Duck (not a typo), even if you live....somewhere wich I dont remember.

The pictures crack me up, including that animated one. Hehehehe..I love the little pic of Goku on it! *continues watching it flash on and off over and over, waiting for the pic to do something else*
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:52 am

To be fair, when I saw the title of this thread, I wasn't filled with hope. People talking about their dreams is right up there with "people talking about their girlfriends/children/pets" in the "who gives a fuck?" stakes. But the addition of visual aids makes this a masterpiece!

Seriously, I wonder what would happen if you posted this on ebay...
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:34 am

Someone once listed a DBZ "cel" on eBay, which was obviously just a stick figure rendition of SSJ Vegeta drawn on a transparent sheet. Another poor fool actually bought it, too.

...He only charged me enough to cover the shipping and listing fee (which was much less than the listing price), and complimented me on my sense of humor. I keep it in good condition.

To get back on topic, I wouldn't be surprised if someone did buy something like this if it were listed on eBay. Either because they were feeling silly (like me), or, well, situations like that Xbox box.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:52 pm

... I'm intrigued. What XBox box?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:21 pm

Or that guy that bought nothing. Literally. Someone put nothing up for sale and someone else bought it for about $20.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:46 pm

REALLY?! Cool! I gotta start selling! I can be rich, FOR FREE! I could even sell stupid stuff too! HA! Screw becoming an author or going to college, this so rocks! I can quit school now!

I once heard a guy tried selling his mom on eBay, but he just got a bunch of angry letters...
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:46 am

B-kun wrote:... I'm intrigued. What XBox box?
I hate to perpetuate the off-topicness, but, well, I suppose I should explain...

In Fall 2001, shortly before the Xbox was first released, someone sold an empty box on eBay. It was the box packaging for an Xbox, but with nothing inside. Even though it was explicitly stated many times throughout the description and title that it was just the box, it still ended up selling for a few hundred dollars. :?

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:58 pm

TripleRach wrote:
B-kun wrote:... I'm intrigued. What XBox box?
I hate to perpetuate the off-topicness, but, well, I suppose I should explain...

In Fall 2001, shortly before the Xbox was first released, someone sold an empty box on eBay. It was the box packaging for an Xbox, but with nothing inside. Even though it was explicitly stated many times throughout the description and title that it was just the box, it still ended up selling for a few hundred dollars. :?
*chuckles* This is why I love people. XD Wonder if the people who bought it were too lazy to read.