Dragonball Crib

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:22 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Bussani wrote:Personally I liked the idea of Gohan being Jesus simply because you could then have him be brutally tortured in one of the ancient world's most barbaric execution practices
:twisted:
o u. :lol:

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:24 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Bussani wrote:Personally I liked the idea of Gohan being Jesus simply because you could then have him be brutally tortured in one of the ancient world's most barbaric execution practices
And then (according to what you may or may not believe) return from the dead three days later, without Dragonballs.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:37 am

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
And then (according to what you may or may not believe) return from the dead three days later, without Dragonballs.
Then beaten and nailed to a cross....give n' take.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:42 am

I don't think he was nailed to the cross twice.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:40 am

BrollysKin wrote:I don't think he was nailed to the cross twice.
In my religion he was.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:41 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:People keep saying Gohan should be the baby Jesus... yeah about that.

Gohan=Jesus?

They both had great potential because of their parents, but didn't Jesus actually manage to do something worthwhile with his potential?
Jesus ends up dying and remaining dead for the good of humanity...maybe he should indeed be Goku.
Maybe you're right, Goku was based on Sun Wukong, and Jesus was a rip off of many other Religious Icons like Horus, Mithra, and Darth Vader.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:57 pm

I thought this topic was going to be about Dragon Ball for your baby's nursery than ideas for a nativity. O_o

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Magica wrote:I thought this topic was going to be about Dragon Ball for your baby's nursery than ideas for a nativity. O_o
My first thought upon reading the title of this thread was "Chillin' in da crib wit all ma homedawgs." That kinda crib. :P
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:42 pm

The Time Traveller wrote: Maybe you're right, Goku was based on Sun Wukong, and Jesus was a rip off of many other Religious Icons like Horus, Mithra, and Darth Vader.
I spy a Zietgiest fan!

You should check the sources from that video, not entirely reliable or even existent.
I fully support rational thought and critical discussion about religion, but not one that flat out lies.

Rena Rune
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rena Rune » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:34 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
The Time Traveller wrote: Maybe you're right, Goku was based on Sun Wukong, and Jesus was a rip off of many other Religious Icons like Horus, Mithra, and Darth Vader.
I spy a Zietgiest fan!

You should check the sources from that video, not entirely reliable or even existent.
I fully support rational thought and critical discussion about religion, but not one that flat out lies.
Hoho.

1) It's Zeitgeist

2) That movie was not the first to point this out. Christmas, December 25th, is actually the birth of Mithras. Christmas even SOUNDS like Mithras.

3) I think it's more a case of some things hitting a little too close to home. This sounds like a pre-programmed response that you inherited off some conservative friend or parent.

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Somebody please do this, I would love to see the result! :P

Master Roshi has to play a role somewhere, maybe he could be the guy who owns the stables.
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:52 pm

Rena Rune wrote:3) I think it's more a case of some things hitting a little too close to home. This sounds like a pre-programmed response that you inherited off some conservative friend or parent.
I'm no conservative. I'm an atheist. And I like the movie because it promotes critical thinking, but I see the irony that too many people watch the movie without taking it critically.

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:22 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Magica wrote:I thought this topic was going to be about Dragon Ball for your baby's nursery than ideas for a nativity. O_o
My first thought upon reading the title of this thread was "Chillin' in da crib wit all ma homedawgs." That kinda crib. :P
I was thinking of Dub Kuririn.

"KRILLIN'S IN DA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOUSE!"

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:27 pm

Rena Rune wrote:2) That movie was not the first to point this out. Christmas, December 25th, is actually the birth of Mithras. Christmas even SOUNDS like Mithras.
The word "Christmas" comes from "Christ's Mass", as in the Eucharistic celebration. The two only sound alike in English. In Greek, the common language of the eastern Roman Empire, Christmas is called "Christougena", "birth of Christ"

Late December was a common pagan time for holidays. The Romans had Saturnalia at that time, in the later Empire the cult of Sol Invictus had the Sun's birthday on the 25th. The date doesn't really show anything other than "Hey, the pagans are celebrating around this time, let's have our celebration there to to make new converts feel more comfortable/maybe attract some new ones".

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:35 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Rena Rune wrote:2) That movie was not the first to point this out. Christmas, December 25th, is actually the birth of Mithras. Christmas even SOUNDS like Mithras.
The word "Christmas" comes from "Christ's Mass", as in the Eucharistic celebration. The two only sound alike in English. In Greek, the common language of the eastern Roman Empire, Christmas is called "Christougena", "birth of Christ"

Late December was a common pagan time for holidays. The Romans had Saturnalia at that time, in the later Empire the cult of Sol Invictus had the Sun's birthday on the 25th. The date doesn't really show anything other than "Hey, the pagans are celebrating around this time, let's have our celebration there to to make new converts feel more comfortable/maybe attract some new ones".
The movie presents information as if there's no alternative. It also uses circumstantial evidence and word play. Such as "Jesus had twelve deciples, Joseph was OF twelve brothers." (OMG! THEY'RE THE SAME! JOSEPH WAS A PROTOTYPE!). That's just an example. There's a website somewhere that breaks down the entire movie and points out the inaccuracies and lies. I think it's called Conspiracy Science.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:57 pm

Rena Rune wrote:
Innagadadavida wrote:
I spy a Zietgiest fan!

Hoho.

1) It's Zeitgeist

2) That movie was not the first to point this out. Christmas, December 25th, is actually the birth of Mithras. Christmas even SOUNDS like Mithras.

3) I think it's more a case of some things hitting a little too close to home. This sounds like a pre-programmed response that you inherited off some conservative friend or parent.
I kinda am a Zeitgeist fan, I own the DVD and I'm just into weird things like that, and the points they brought up about 9/11, don't get me started.

Zeitgeist is like 99.9999999995% correct though, there is such a thing as suppressed information and propaganda!

But Christmas isn't for the Christians... Hindus, Buddhists, and Atheists I know celebrate it.

Except the Jews, Muslims and Jehovah's witnesses.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:01 pm

The Time Traveller wrote: Zeitgeist is like 99.9999999995% correct though, there is such a thing as suppressed information and propaganda!
If by 99.99999999995% correct you mean 25% correct you'd be closer to what it probably is. It's okay to own the DVD and be into that stuff, but that doesn't mean you have to blindly follow what it says to justify your purchase. Check out other sides of the arguments. Fact check. The movie is great for what it is, you should not accept it as truth though.

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm

Ahem.

SO.

Dragonball?
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:25 pm

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:Ahem.

SO.

Dragonball?
I would have gone back on topic but he would have accused me of changing the subject, affecting my pride deeply... Like.... Vegeta!

DRAGON BALL!

I'd make a crib but I don't have any Dragon Ball figures... I have a ton of Transformers I could do it with...

in b4 Optimus Christ.

Rena Rune
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rena Rune » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
Rena Rune wrote:3) I think it's more a case of some things hitting a little too close to home. This sounds like a pre-programmed response that you inherited off some conservative friend or parent.
I'm no conservative. I'm an atheist. And I like the movie because it promotes critical thinking, but I see the irony that too many people watch the movie without taking it critically.
I never said YOU were conservative, I just said that the line of thinking you had seemed to be caught off someone you knew that was. It happens all the time, like "Liberals" disowning Michael Moore without even seeing his movies first, throwing someone to the dogs.

Also you can be atheist and conservative.

I just get tired of THIS THING'S SOURCES AREN'T QUITE RIGHT when usually there's very little information on how exactly they aren't(usually just one article).

I'm not a huge Zeitgeist fan by the sounds of it, I haven't seen it yet, but it's definitely true that Christmas is a combination of a number of pagan holidays, and many tales of Jesus were based on other legends(like Odin).