Dragon?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RatGoku

Dragon?

Post by RatGoku » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:50 pm

Now, I know this to be very false, but my friend almost always when talking about anime, he brings upsomething he calls "Dragon" and claims that is is before Dragonball. Now as I said, I know this to be false. So, is there anything he could be confusing this with?
Hey look, it's a signature!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:02 pm

The only logical thing I could think he might be confusing it with is Toriyama's one shot story "Dragon Boy". He did it before Dragonball and it was sort an experiment in Shonen Jump. The character itself is a lot like Goku. When Toriyama started to develop Dragonball, he liked this character, and based Goku on him. Maybe that's what he means and he actually thinks it's part of DB. It's not though. Otherwise, I have no idea what else he could be confusing it with. Maybe DragonWarrior(designs done by Toriyama), Dragon Half, Dragonair,... I don't know! Do you know how many anime and manga exist with the word "dragon" in the title?! This all Tolkien's fault! Okay, I'll stop now. :wink:

RatGoku

Post by RatGoku » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:05 pm

That's what I thought, but he wouldn't have it.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:14 pm

RatGoku wrote:That's what I thought, but he wouldn't have it.
You should ask him with he expects AF to arrive. :lol:

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:21 pm

Ya, of course he wouldn't, but he just would need to have heard a little about it. Maybe even from some stupid, clueless website that didn't give the most accurate information on it. They probably actually stated it was some sort of prequel to DB. You'd be amazed at the amount of times that I've had to debate back and forth with young kids about the validity of that bloody DBAF nonsense or other crazy misinformation! They don't know enough to question that just because they've seen something about it on a website, that maybe it's an ignorant joker running it. Actually it gets me really mad because kids will believe anything on these websites, and the ones running them are really irresponsible for stating stupid facts without any concrete evidence to support it. One kid once told me that I was wrong for saying Gohan was half Saiyajin because he read off someplace that his mother was Saiyajin too! Whether he meant Chi-Chi or that maybe Chi-Chi was his stepmother, I have no idea, but it just shows the imbecilic so-called "facts" that people toss out.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:30 pm

Oh yeah, I heard that rumor a long time ago too, about Chi chi actually being a Saiyan secretly, sent to make sure he carried out his orders or some nonsence. Sounds like the product of a fan fic or something, I know back then I wouldve believed (and did) any crazy rumor about DBZ.

Although, doesn't seem odd that of all the demi saiyans in the entire series, Gohan was the only one with a tail?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:22 pm

Of course it's odd! But that's the inconsistent and forgetful world of Akira Toriyama! :wink:

RatGoku

Post by RatGoku » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:24 am

Jerseymilk wrote:Of course it's odd! But that's the inconsistent and forgetful world of Akira Toriyama! :wink:
Next on the 9 O' Clock news: Plot Holes! The Starter of Rumors!

As I have seen in many long ass anime seires, plot holes are everywhere. I find myself saying to the screen: "But, what about.....now wait that can't work.......ect." So then on animerumors.com.net.org: "The reason blah blah blah can use the blah blah attack is..." It just is too confusing. Oh well, gives me something to think about.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:31 am

You know your're just going to give yourself a big whopper of a headache.

RatGoku

Post by RatGoku » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:42 am

Hey, that's why I'm here!