Most Sinister DB Moment

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xyex
I Live Here

Re: Most Sinister DB Moment

Post by Xyex » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:13 am

Super Sonic wrote:
Sun_Wukong wrote:
Super Sonic wrote: I also thought that Cooler's megalomaniacal ranting in movie #5 made him seem just frickin nuts! Hey, with lines like, "HA! HA! HA! HA! It is I who decides who lives and who dies! All things are playthings to me!"
Are you sure thats not just only in the dub? It seems like something Funi would add. Anyway, I'm gonna have to agree with Izlude, Freeza's brutal beating that he gave Nail was pretty frikkin sinister. I mean come on, he popped his chest like a balloon. Thats not human...
He was ranting in both versions, but it was more megalomaniacal in the dub than it was in the original.
I haven't seen what he said in the original but the dub rant was:

"I am the supreme master of this universe! I am the Great Destroyer, the Taker of Life! It is I who decides who lives and who dies, all living things are mere play things to me. It is my will that this world, and everything on it, be annihilated!"

I remember that because it's my favorite 'speech' from all of DB with Dub Goku's "Ally to good, nightmare to you." taking a close second. But yeah, I love that speech of Cooler's because it just shows how evil and full of himself he is.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:35 pm

Although it was filler, Frieza's "Look at the pretty fireworks" line made him seem like a psycho, despite his mannerisms.

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:16 pm

I think an evil part is when Gohan gets "hugged" to death. Cell, Bojack, and Brolly all did it. You can hear "crrrrrunch" and "AAAAHHHHH!" I don't like iiiiiit!! :(
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:00 pm

Although it was filler, another moment that shows a sinister act and the feeling o helplessness is one point when after the Great Demon King Piccolo takes over. He has just killed someone and is walking on his way when Suno calls him a murderer and sees a rifle on the ground. She picks it up and is aiming dead straight for his head, when she realizes there's nothing she can do about it and drops it. He in turn turns around and fires eye beams, which make you think he blasted Suno, but he was just blasting the dead guard for the heck of it.