Card game being played at Lookout?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Card game being played at Lookout?

Post by B » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:56 pm

Any clues that point out which card game Bulma, Roshi, and Krillin are playing while Goten and Trunks are fusion training?

I'm sure that scene is filler, but it'd be a fun tidbit to know if they were actually playing a real card game. Also, I'm not asking if those character cards were real or not. Like, was it poker or some such. There probably aren't enough scenes to tell, but if anyone can help, thanks.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:13 am

Old Maid? I think I remember them playing that a few times.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:46 am

Yes I believe Uranai Baba was the one on the card too. XD
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:45 am

Jerseymilk wrote:Yes I believe Uranai Baba was the one on the card too. XD
I think whenever you saw them playing cards, there were various characters on them.

Of course Mr Satan was on one. :P
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Do you think its the same card game and set of cards that Yajorobie and Korin were playing with Marron? I think they were playing poker because Korin was giving her magical things like a bell to get her into heavan.
I'm not really sure what the others were playing later on in the series... With Bulma involved strip poker maybe? :wink:
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:Yes I believe Uranai Baba was the one on the card too. XD
I think whenever you saw them playing cards, there were various characters on them.

Of course Mr Satan was on one. :P
No what I mean is, she was the Old Maid card. XD Oh wait! I mixed it up! That was the scene when Goku was playing cards with Bubbles in the afterlife. XD
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."