Mr Popo

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

confused

Mr Popo

Post by confused » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:30 pm

Just how strong is Mr. Popo? He is shown to be much stronger than Goku (and therefore Piccolo Daimaou) and even says 'You really are very weak' to him (at least in the dub). But , he also says 'I can't believe you were the one who dfeated the mighty Piccolo' or something to that effect, which raises another question- why would Popo say that Piccolo Daimaou was 'mighty' if he considered Goku (who was strong enough to defeat the demon king) 'very weak'?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:36 pm

I'd compare him to Kaio-sama. They don't seem to be all that inherently strong; they're fantastic trainers, though. They can bring out the best in someone, which seems to include more strength than they, themselves, could ever muster.

Kaio-sama couldn't all that well perform/master Kaio-Ken and the Genki-Dama, but he had no problem granting that wisdom to Goku, who was able to take it and master it.

I kinda like that about Goku's masters in DB; they're not always the strongest folk out there, but they bring out the best in Goku.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:47 pm

Heh I liked that scene in the anime were Goten and Trunks awoke in the Palace and had a lil tuffle with Popo. Popo was all like...totally blocking their attacks.

Maybe Popo's power is like being able to match his oppenents power or something...

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:42 pm

I think Popo is just some mysterious character whose true power is ambiguous throughout the series. After all, he was introduced in the series as a servant of "God," and thus, I've always thought of him as some mystical dude. So in other words...I have no clue.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.