Tidbit - Bardock stuffage

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Tidbit - Bardock stuffage

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:48 pm

http://www.daizex.com/general/tidbits/bardock.shtml

Could certainly use some read-through-ing by anyone who wants. Make sure I haven't made any major stupid errors. I know Julian will want to replace the Viz scans with the appropriate kanzenban images when he gets a chance. Otherwise, I think it's pretty accurate/complete.

Anything else to add?

Oh, if anyone knows which daizenshuu American took that quote out of, that'd be great... I'd like to source it (daizenshuu being slightly more authoritative than old Trish-i-fied publications).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:28 pm

Gold, pure gold. I didn't spot any inconsistencies or spelling/grammatical errors. And the cursor over the image trick, sweeeet.

Now expect those scans to show up all over the internet, with the url cut out of course.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:33 pm

Fuckin' A, man. Bardock's my fav for some reason, so to FINALLY see that daizenshuu excerpt translated makes me HAPPY. Cool javascript thingy too.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Hikari_dashita
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hikari_dashita » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:25 pm

Looking good =^.^=

No grammar errors as far as i could see, well apart from americanised spelling but that is just down to me being english <.< >.>

I like the java script thingy but i think you should of left out the note about taking the cursor over it to see if anyone noticed.
NEKOJIN =^.^=

Nekojin =^.^=

Ya I like cat people so what?

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:50 pm

That is an awesome section! I really like the rollover, too!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:16 am

How come this section hasn't premiered yet? Is it still under development?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:18 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:How come this section hasn't premiered yet? Is it still under development?
The next tidbit we want is an explanation on the DragonBalls' names. It's a very logical follow-up to the current "last" tidbit, which is the Evil Dragons and their naming schemes. It would just make for a more logical flow. Basically, we're waiting on Julian to type it up :P.

Also, I want to premier the Bardock tidbit with a Trunks tidbit, comparing the TV special and the "TRUNKS - THE STORY" manga bit. Screen shot / scan comparisons, dialogue differences, blah blah blah. So that'll be a two-shot when we get around to it.

I like to create things and sit on them for a year before making them live ^_~
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:00 pm

There are some other sketches of early designs for Bardock and his team in that Son Goku Legend book. If you want, I could scan em.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:20 am

Sun_Wukong wrote:There are some other sketches of early designs for Bardock and his team in that Son Goku Legend book. If you want, I could scan em.
Those are by Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, though... we might save those for their own separate section, at some point. :)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:02 am

Now you see, this is what makes this website better than the others.

On other websites, the owners put up some generic information and then scratch their asses. On this website, the website owners put up UNIQUE information and then scratch their asses!
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:28 am

johnboy1 wrote:Now you see, this is what makes this website better than the others.

On other websites, the owners put up some generic information and then scratch their asses. On this website, the website owners put up UNIQUE information and then scratch their asses!
Well... to be honest, there's some images of the Tsufuru-jin, Paikuhan, Dai-Kaiou-sama, and King Vegeta, that we could put in with the "Toriyama Designs" bit... but one thing at a time, please. :P

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:28 pm

Nice work man. I'm a big bardock fan and you got that done right. If you need any help with pic's let me know i'm more then willing to help ya out

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:40 pm

Wait...on that Bardock w/ his group picture, that one guy in the middle, you guys have him as "Totapo", but the Katakana says "Toteppo"...
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:33 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:Wait...on that Bardock w/ his group picture, that one guy in the middle, you guys have him as "Totapo", but the Katakana says "Toteppo"...
It's for the sake of the pun. ^^;

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:48 am

Hehehe, yeah, that makes sense :D
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?