Rose = #18 Rumor...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Rose = #18 Rumor...

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:17 pm

I remeber back in high school there was a rumor that when Android 18 becomes human, her name becomes Rose, Obvioulsy this didn't happen in the dub and I wasn't sure about the Japanese version. Was this just a rumor in my high school or was it mentioned somewhere, somehow?

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:35 pm

Its not in the sub either, sounds to me like people making up shit.

When I was first getting into DBZ. I was told a character named "Sal" (probably meant Cell but there no way to know) impales Krillin on his horn and thus kills him. Little bits of truth from varying things but iuts utter bullshit.

Course its possible they saw it in some fanfiction.
-Laserkid

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:51 pm

Totally false. First I've ever heard of it.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:58 pm

There was a period in time when DB info was scarce and confusing and contradictory...much like people talk about DBAF these days. This sounds like a relic from an earlier era...unless it pertains to one of the foreign language dubs, maybe, but that seems pretty unlikely too.
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:39 am

Like the associate of mine that said at the end of GT, they revealed that all humans were descendants of Saiyans...
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:54 pm

I think from '96-99 is when the majority of the completely wacky rumors got started. Anyone know when the first accurate DB information site appeared on the web? I wasnt a fan of DB untill '98. By then Planet Namek and this site were pretty big.