Possible Kai hate from Z fans?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:56 pm

bkev wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:
kei17 wrote: - Do not make Goku a girl
Eh...I don't exactly get this point.
Castration, he's referring to I think.
Many Japanese fans thought Goku's penis had been completely "deleted".

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:00 am

kei17 wrote:
bkev wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote: Eh...I don't exactly get this point.
Castration, he's referring to I think.
Many Japanese fans thought Goku's penis had been completely "deleted".
Wow. That will probably be one of my most lasting impressions of the first episode of Dragonball Kai: "Japanese fans fear deletion of Goku Penis".

EDIT: For the first time ever, I have felt the utter and complete need to include a quote in my sig. Thank you kei17!

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:01 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:lol, I did see that too. I love Kai, but it certainly isn't perfect. No free pass for Toei. Here something from my review.

"...I have to get used to the Goku's Jap voice cos it sounds like a little girl, Earths saviour a worrior with the voice of a little girl come on.
Gonna have to watch this episode again..." - UltimateHibz

This argument again...What do you guys make this?
Anytime I hear the "Goku sounds like a girl so it sucks" line, I quit valuing that person's opinion.

As for Kai... really, I like people like Kunzait who are criticizing, but at least aknowledge that This is the First Episode and that their gripes may very well go away as the series progresses. People who are already dismissing the series and claiming Toei "Raped it" are what's drawing my Ire

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:07 pm

DemonRin wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:lol, I did see that too. I love Kai, but it certainly isn't perfect. No free pass for Toei. Here something from my review.

"...I have to get used to the Goku's Jap voice cos it sounds like a little girl, Earths saviour a worrior with the voice of a little girl come on.
Gonna have to watch this episode again..." - UltimateHibz

This argument again...What do you guys make this?
Anytime I hear the "Goku sounds like a girl so it sucks" line, I quit valuing that person's opinion.

As for Kai... really, I like people like Kunzait who are criticizing, but at least aknowledge that This is the First Episode and that their gripes may very well go away as the series progresses. People who are already dismissing the series and claiming Toei "Raped it" are what's drawing my Ire
Depends on what you think is important. I wouldn't have to go more than an episode into the Funi dub to say that the things I value about Dragon Ball have been chucked out the window, for instance.

SweetCosmicPope
Beyond Newbie

Post by SweetCosmicPope » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:27 pm

I don't know that any act of blasphemy has been performed here, though.

As stated before, the original restored version (dbox singles) are still available, and this is being pimped as a "refresh" of the series. While I may not dig it, and I'm not interested in it, I could see how others would find it enjoyable.

At the same time, though, there's nothing new enough to make me want to watch a truncated version. I prefer the long, drawn-out version with the original recording and music. I see no real reason to go back and watch what is essentially the same show chopped up.

If someone likes it, though, that's cool too. I won't gripe.
"That's Peter Grave's Scat! I'd recognize it anywhere!" - The Film Crew