Real Stupid Question About Super Saiyan 5...Yea...5...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Real Stupid Question About Super Saiyan 5...Yea...5...

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:57 am

Uhg sorry, I feel like an idiot asking, I know there is no SS5, but while today's DBGT episode played on CartoonNetwork my girlfriend was fighting with me, Honestly I was listening to what she had to say, then I heard Bulma in the background say "Super Saiyan 5" and I tried to ignore it, but then I hear Vegeta said "Super Saiyan 5!" and while I was trying to fight with her I also was also trying to hear what the frig they were saying about SS5!

So my question is what the hell WHERE they talking about? Thanks

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:13 am

Bulma and Vegeta were talking about how Vegeta could transform into SSJ4, and she tells him about her "Bruits Wave Amplifier". Vegeta was suprised that Bulma was claiming he could reach it by just using a machine, and Bulma went on to say that with enough Bruit Waves, he could even ascend to SSJ5 (Or something to that effect).

Muten Turtel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muten Turtel » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:14 am

They do both say Super Saiyan five, and not just in the dub either. Bulma says that her Brutz waves Machine will give Vegeta the power to become SSJ4 or even 5, Vegeta gets all excited about suspassing Goku. This doesn't happen of course, tt's just sugested
http://s8.invisionfree.com/Dragon_Ball_Haven/index.php?act=idx -Dragonball Forums

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:15 am

SSj5 WOULD be a step too far... :P
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:17 am

Endishiki wrote:SSj5 WOULD be a step too far... :P
I don't know about that...I've read a few really well written SSJ5 fics, that were good enough that they could be real episodes. Of course GT would've just screwed it up, so I'm glad they didn't...

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:19 am

Well, how exactly can you justify there being yet another form of SSj? I do like SSj4 to some extent, and they seemed to be trying to push forward the idea that it is the 'final' form of SSj. If Toei took at a jab at making another form, yes, it would screw it up very badly.

I'm sure the best result that Vegita would've gotten with more Waves was... erm... possibly a stronger form of SSj4. In tighter pants.
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:34 am

I can justify another SSJ stage in lots of ways. :P GT had some good ideas, like how SSJ4 wasn't just a matter of training and anger, it was a process involving the saiyan tail and moonlight, which were really important factors in the original DragonBall, and early DBZ.

If you think about it, even Freeza saga Goku could've become that "SSJ4", since it only required that he become a Super Ozaru. I could see their being something above that...I forget where I was going with this, but yeah...

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:45 am

I heard it to, I think thats pretty funny of Funi, now all the fanboys will be going nuts XD

Kudo's to Funi for that, best damn joke ever

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:15 am

Izlude wrote:I heard it to, I think thats pretty funny of Funi, now all the fanboys will be going nuts XD

Kudo's to Funi for that, best damn joke ever
Er....what exactly are you talking about? The SSJ5 thing was in the original dialogue too. o-O

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:25 am

I think I remember hearing it in the Blue Water dub, but that was well over a year ago and I've tried to whipe my memory clean of GT bar some of the SSJ4 bits.
Deus ex Machina wrote:GT had some good ideas, like how SSJ4 wasn't just a matter of training and anger, it was a process involving the saiyan tail and moonlight, which were really important factors in the original DragonBall, and early DBZ.
Agreed. I also pesonaly liked SSJ4 because it looked different to the other three levels.
Deus ex Machina wrote:I don't know about that...I've read a few really well written SSJ5 fics, that were good enough that they could be real episodes. Of course GT would've just screwed it up, so I'm glad they didn't...
Are any of them online, as I wouldn't mind reading them.

Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dragon » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:50 pm

I just have one question about the whole Super Saiyan 4 transformation thing. How did they become a Super Oozaru? Is that because they had turned Super Saiyan before in their life? Because I don't see how they could just all of the sudden have golden hair when normally they have brown hair (as an Oozaru). Plus, why was (Baby) Vegeta's hair white after Baby was inside of him?
Gerry Dragan (yes, that's my real name.)

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:58 pm

I don't think it's ever stated exactly; but you can assume that because Ozaru's are usually in a beserk state all the time, that if the Saiyan is strong enough to become SSJ, then the transformation is automatic (like it was for Goku). The anime filler from DBZ sorta supports this idea, since Vegeta claimed that the previous SSJ could only do so when he was already an Ozaru. (atleast that's what it said in the dub). think of Super Ozaru, as the same thing as SSJ, just in monkey form.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:24 pm

Hey yeah, that makes sense, oddly. When Vegeta goes Oozaru in GT, he's a regular one at first, and transforms into a Golden one at will, doesn't he? Unless my memory is acting up... If it isn't, then I give kudos to Toei for something actually making sense in GT.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:40 pm

I actually just posted this on another forum... heh. It's not added dub dialogue; it's present in the original, as well.

VEGETA: "Kakarrot, bring on your Super Saiya-jin 4, or 5, or whatever you want! I'm still not finished!"

I'm actually thinking about adding SSJ5 to the appropriate "Transformations" page, just as a little fun tidbit.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:45 pm

Awww...damn I was hoping that was an intentional dub-joke. Now its just not as funny.

Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dragon » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:28 pm

Well, why did Vegeta's hair turn white while Baby was inside him, and what about the lines that apeared on his face??
Gerry Dragan (yes, that's my real name.)

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:37 pm

Dragon wrote:Well, why did Vegeta's hair turn white while Baby was inside him, and what about the lines that apeared on his face??
No real explination was given for that. The lines that appear on his face, as well as his eyes, are also present on Dr. Mu and his machine mutants. My theory, is that Baby bonded with Vegeta's body more completly than any of his previous hosts, because he planned on staying in it. The white hair may also be the result of some kind of "Super Machine Mutant", since he also has SSJ Ki.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:55 pm

I always thought that was a dub quote also. Either that or I had heard wrong

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:14 pm

Could someone present the exact quotes used for mentioning SS5 in both original Japanese, the translation, and the dub?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!