DBZ / Web Community: Happy Experiences

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:55 am

Satan City Comedy Club and Saiya-Jin Fusion Empire, both sites had some FUNNY stuff. Satan City had all those funny oddball DBZ pics and edited ones, and oh yeh... I remember the flash movies like the dress up fat Gogeta and "Mike and Meryl's Adventure" rofl...

Saiya-Jin Fusion Empire had a funny movie too, "Ball Z Classic", and they like dubbed over the voices right when Freazia came back after surviving Goku's Genki Dama... funny stuff... I can still remember like every line
Goku: Whew...the Freazia packed a whaloop ah ah ah ah ah hah! Hah! Consider the chinese food we had earlier! Ah!
Piccolo: (Mr.T voice) I dun know bout no chinese food, all I know is someone ordered a pizza
Gohan: HUH!
Krillin: Hey Piccolo, I didnt know anyone ordered a Pizza
Piccolo: You crazier than Murdock!
Krillin: Hmmmm......WAAAAH!!!

-creepy music plays-

Krillin: WAhhahhh...waaahhh...wahhh....
Goku: Whats the matter?
Krilln ehhh ehhhh ehhh ehhh...

-more creepy music-

Freazia: Ehhhhhhhhh...
Gohan: UH! Ma...mama!
Everyone: HOLY POOP!
Freazia: Heeeeeeeh...-shoots at Goku-
Goku: Uhhhh uhhhhhh uhhhhhhhhhaaahhh...
Piccolo: WATCH IT DAWG! -pushes Goku out of way and gets hammered-

-Freazia's blast makes silly eletrical and firework noises-

Gohan: Pic....pic...o.....lo....PICCOLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:13 pm

Unstickied, hmm? Well, I'm glad it's a little less cluttered up there, but I would rather this be one to stick around. Seeing as new users can swing by to add their thoughts.

Hmm, either way. I doubt it's going to fall off the page.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:49 am

hooray for more fun memories

Did anyone else go to "Dragon Ball-Z-GT"?

God I absilutely used to ADORE that site to death - I think Geocities killed it by now though.

It by and large inspired the way I eventually would do my own site - summaries for the masses. It was by and large how I learned about the story oif DBZ and yes, DBGT. I remember back when I used to visit it his music embedded sitll actually worked (though more recent visits they have disappeared shock of shocks).

I just remembered reading the Cell Saga summary that site had while Unmei no Hi played on. This was well before the dub had even gotten to a third season yet. Still while I enjoyed Vegetto EX's page for mutlimedia and editorials back then I owe much of my early series knowledge to Dragon Ball-Z-GT. I've come to see most of it for myself since then but the patches of what I havent seen come from that site still (the Buu saga mainly - I havent seen anything beyond Majin Vegeta since I havent been able to buy DVDs and when it was on CN I refused to watch the dub).

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:16 am

laserkid wrote: Did anyone else go to "Dragon Ball-Z-GT"?
Is that the site that offered the movie8 manga translated? If so then it moved to a bigger (but pop-up bitched) server.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:13 pm

I remember visiting Suushinchuu daily, back when I first got the internet. All I had seen before then was raw Japanese Dragon Ball, never any subs. That site helped me learn most of what I know about the series.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:20 pm

I hate to double-post, but I just discovered the Wayback Machine and was able to find Suushinchuu again.

My heart kinda fluttered when I saw that huge image of smiling Gohan again. Good times.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:18 pm

Dayspring wrote:
Is that the site that offered the movie8 manga translated? If so then it moved to a bigger (but pop-up bitched) server.
If they did I didnt know about that but it seems they ARE still online at least

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Flats/5724/dbzgt.html

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:46 pm

laserkid wrote:
Dayspring wrote:
If they did I didnt know about that but it seems they ARE still online at least

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Flats/5724/dbzgt.html
Try looking up "scanslated DBZ movie 8" or something similar to that. I'm sure you'll find the site.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Misutiku

Post by Misutiku » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:45 am

Hey guys, what's going on in this old webmaster thingy.

P.S. Do these look familiar?

Oh and my favorite memory? Probably all the websites I've owned over the years. Exspecially Seven Stars DB, I don't know if I had the opposite of mike here but I didn't really get too many fans yelling at me, I did get a lot of love though, and I will probably remember that the rest of my life, it was very fun.

P.P.S. sorry about drudging up this old thread as well, I was just taking a trip down memory lane and found it.
Seven Stars Dragonball eh?