"Ojama" (Potential Giru/Gill Name)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

"Ojama" (Potential Giru/Gill Name)

Post by Dayspring » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:16 pm

Anybody else hear this name before? The french daizenshuu called Gill this when they explained what the character designs for him were, but it's not like that's his dub name or anything since Gill in french is "Giru" (pronounced "Jee-ru"). So WTF is with "Ojama"? Was that's Toriyama's suggested name for him or something?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Ojama

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:26 pm

Dayspring wrote:Anybody else hear this name before? The french daizenshuu called Gill this when they explained what the character designs for him were, but it's not like that's his dub name or anything since Gill in french is "Giru" (pronounced "Jee-ru"). So WTF is with "Ojama"? Was that's Toriyama's suggested name for him or something?
Toriyama did the character design for Giru, suggesting the name "Ojama Robo" ("Nuisance Robot"). I actually should scan that stuff from the GT Perfect files... :?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:30 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Dayspring wrote:Anybody else hear this name before? The french daizenshuu called Gill this when they explained what the character designs for him were, but it's not like that's his dub name or anything since Gill in french is "Giru" (pronounced "Jee-ru"). So WTF is with "Ojama"? Was that's Toriyama's suggested name for him or something?
Toriyama did the character design for Giru, suggesting the name "Ojama Robo" ("Nuisance Robot"). I actually should scan that stuff from the GT Perfect files... :?
You have it? Here I was thinking I had a rare GT sketch to contribute along with the mini-manga. :(
Do you have the 2 planets, Goku, Trunks, Pan and Spaceship prototype pics, and the rejected phone card picture?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:37 pm

Dayspring wrote:You have it? Here I was thinking I had a rare GT sketch to contribute along with the mini-manga. :(
Do you have the 2 planets, Goku, Trunks, Pan and Spaceship prototype pics, and the rejected phone card picture?
I'm borrowing Mike's Perfect Files :)

As for the illustrations, I believe those are all in the Perfect Files, although they might be in nicer quality in the Daizenshuu... :)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:38 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Dayspring wrote:You have it? Here I was thinking I had a rare GT sketch to contribute along with the mini-manga. :(
I believe those are all in the Perfect Files, although they might be in nicer quality in the Daizenshuu...
You're just saying that to be nice. We all know who has the better scanner! You might as well go ahead and do the lots of numbing menial work that only I would ever want to do by yourself! :cry:

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:35 am

I know Daizenshuu 7 had a few of Toriyama's GT sketches. I dont know how much more it has than the Perfect Files though.