Thoughts on SSJ4 Goku...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rahal Stmin

Thoughts on SSJ4 Goku...

Post by Rahal Stmin » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:33 am

While I was watchin an episode of GT, a idea came to me on how Goku turns back into an adult while in the SSJ4 state, Now, I remember it being mentioned very early in the Z series that the Eternal Dragon (or whatrver you wish to call him) has a limit to the power of his wishes (he could not grant the wish to have Vegeta and Nappa destroyed becuase that was beyond his power), so it came to me, what if it was becuase Goku's power rose so much during the SSJ4 transformation that it overode the power of the dragon's wish and transformed him back into an adult? Just my idea, comments would be appreciated.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:36 pm

I'm moving this over to the "DragonBall - General Discussion" forum :).

Also, I'd just like to point out that stated in the rules you agree to when you first sign up, it's noted that you have to type properly when a guest on this forum. That means finishing words, capitalizing properly, etc. It makes a huge difference. Thanks for understanding and complying.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI

Post by ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:50 pm

Technically, he was still an adult to begin with. So when he went SSJ4 he got returned to his adult size for a little while until he ran out of energy, then he went back to his chibi form.
"Until we meet again guys!"-Goku

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:50 pm

It would be a good explanation, but Goku's base, as well as normal SSJ, overuns Shenron's power.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:31 pm

Son Goku's base form doesn't necessarily exceed Shenron's power. In his base form, he normally conserves his power and suppresses his ki.
I haven't really watched GT, but that explanation sort of makes sense.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Thoughts on SSJ4 Goku...

Post by Dragon » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:58 pm

Rahal Stmin wrote:While I was watchin an episode of GT, a idea came to me on how Goku turns back into an adult while in the SSJ4 state, Now, I remember it being mentioned very early in the Z series that the Eternal Dragon (or whatrver you wish to call him) has a limit to the power of his wishes (he could not grant the wish to have Vegeta and Nappa destroyed becuase that was beyond his power), so it came to me, what if it was becuase Goku's power rose so much during the SSJ4 transformation that it overode the power of the dragon's wish and transformed him back into an adult? Just my idea, comments would be appreciated.
Ha, so I'm not the only one who thought of that! That is the only thing that makes sense to me. It makes sense to me because he was able to stay small at super saiyan 3, but super saiyan 4 makes him an adult.
Gerry Dragan (yes, that's my real name.)

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:41 pm

There's no way that is right, because the Dragon couldn't kill the two Saiyans because they were stronger than he; and yet even Base Goku was stronger than both of them combined by GT.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:29 pm

This is just my own theory, but it would seem natural that transforming into SSJ4 would return Goku to an adult again. Ozaru's are always "adult sized" in the series, whether it's Vegeta or 5 year-old Gohan, there's no child sized Ozaru's.

Assuming that the Ozaru transformation turns the Saiyan into an adult temporarily, it's only natural that SSJ4 would do the same, since the transformation was directly derived from Golden Ozaru.

ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI

Post by ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:55 pm

Now that's a good theory. Better than mine. ^_^
"Until we meet again guys!"-Goku

Boomer2k4

Post by Boomer2k4 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:53 pm

LegendarySuperSaiyan wrote:There's no way that is right, because the Dragon couldn't kill the two Saiyans because they were stronger than he; and yet even Base Goku was stronger than both of them combined by GT.
Don't forget that it's a Different Dragon

Either way the Oozaru explanation kind of makes more sense
I am Darkness Beyond Blackest Pitch
Deeper than the Deepest Night
I am the Sea of Chaos
The Source of All Chaos
I am The Lord of Nightmares

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:42 pm

OR... you can think of GT as an animated fanfic(due to lack of Toriyama involvement). =D It doesn't have to make sense.

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:33 am

That Oozaru explanation has always been my reasoning as well. Super Saiyan 4, as they refer to it, really is more "Super Oozaru 2" or just a condensed form of the Super Oozaru. No matter the age of the Saiyan, Super Saiyan 4 is going to be an adult sized transformation, seeing as it is an advanced Oozaru form. It makes a very good logical explanation for this question.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:37 am

Not if you'd have a child Saiya-jin pulling the trick off who has never been an adult to begin with. >.>;; Bypassing puberty? Sign me up!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:42 am

Pedro The Hutt wrote:Not if you'd have a child Saiya-jin pulling the trick off who has never been an adult to begin with. >.>;; Bypassing puberty? Sign me up!
Hmm...

- Spontaneous hair growth (check)
- Increased muscle mass (check)
- Increased body odor (check)
- Red marks on face (check)
- Increased libido (I suppose only ChiChi or Bulma could answer that one)
- Magic pants (I wish)

Super Saiyan 4 = Super Puberty!

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:45 am

Rocketman wrote: Super Saiyan 4 = Super Puberty!

Best quote of the week! XD Genius I tell you. *bows*

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:00 am

Not if you'd have a child Saiya-jin pulling the trick off who has never been an adult to begin with. >.>;; Bypassing puberty? Sign me up!
Blast. I could have used one of those.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:57 am

His Body couldn't handle SS3...he knew the lil' body wouldn't take SS4...we became Adult. It could have been natural biological reaction, coincidence, or Goku's doing.

Or the most likely explanation...the Toei Powerup.

Alienman24

Post by Alienman24 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:52 am

While I agree with Deus ex Machina (there's no child sized Ozaru), I also think that Saiyans have a minor resistance to magic and mind control. The dragon used magic to make Goku young again. While his magic resistance did not have the strength to stop the wish at the time, it seems it did have the strength while in Super Saiyan 4. Even the senzu beans stop being really effective at the higher super Saiyan 1 levels.
The best example I can think of is when Babidi is trying to control Majin Vegeta with the same magic he tries to use on Buu. Even though Buu can't break free unless Babidi is distracted, Vegeta is resistant enough to the magic that even when he has the wizard's full attention he can still charge up and negate the magic. This might also explain why the dragon could not simply wish away Vegeta and Napa when they where heading towards earth in the Saiyan Saga. Even though their power levels were relatively weak compared to later levels, they had enough magic resistance to negate such a magical attack.
[color=gray]The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
the strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
and the cleanest cut is the one withheld.[/color]
Visit my ever growing RPG webstite @
www.alienteacher.info

Ginyu Taiko
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ginyu Taiko » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:01 pm

Alienman24 wrote:Even the senzu beans stop being really effective at the higher super Saiyan 1 levels.
But didn't Majin Vegeta (SSJ2 of course) get fully healed by a senzu bean?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:21 pm

Ginyu Taiko wrote:
Alienman24 wrote:Even the senzu beans stop being really effective at the higher super Saiyan 1 levels.
But didn't Majin Vegeta (SSJ2 of course) get fully healed by a senzu bean?
Yes. The Senzu were always effective, it's just that they weren't used as much later on.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?