The Gynu Force's Race

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mike D
Regular

The Gynu Force's Race

Post by Mike D » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:22 pm

LegendarySuperSaiyan wrote:IMO, Ginyu was a member of Freeza's race, but a mutant. Instead of having a bunch of different transformations, he was born with the ability to bodyswap.

Since this is OT, someone should start a thread on it.
...and so I have. I always wondered what race the Gynu Force members were. It was stated by Gynu that they were mutants, but I wanted to know what race they originally were.

I once read on a few sites that Guldo was a Bas-jin or something among those lines. Since I have no idea what Bas is, I cannot find out what race he is.

Then I am hearing the Gynu is part of Freeza's race. This isn't hard to believe (y'know, with the horns and purple pigment) but what about the other guys?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:33 pm

I don't think any of the Ginyu force was given a specific "race". Freeza's empire may contain hundreds, even thousands of alien species (and half breeds), given how much of the universe he controlled.

I never heard the term "Bas" used to describe Guildo, or that Ginyu was a member of Freeza's race. It sounds like a fanfic transmitted as fact to me.

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:43 pm

I was the one who suggested Ginyu was a member of Frieza's race, or a "Changeling". While not entirely identical, he is remarkably simillar to their race; other than the strange bumps or veins on his head. I tend to think he was a mutant member of Frieza's race, born without the ability to change shape, but with the ability to swap bodies. Also, I tend to think the rest of Frieza's race weren't close to the royal families power.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:46 pm

One could also argue that the body we see Ginyu in is not his original body. It would be interesting if Ginyu was originally some puny, wimpy creature who swapped bodies with that big, purple dude we see him as.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:52 pm

As stated by Toriyama in Shounen Jump issue #1, Freeza's race is very small, and was created by some spontaneous mutation or something.

So Ginyu could possibly be in Freeza's race, seeing how he said he was a mutant and all.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:04 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:As stated by Toriyama in Shounen Jump issue #1, Freeza's race is very small, and was created by some spontaneous mutation or something.

So Ginyu could possibly be in Freeza's race, seeing how he said he was a mutant and all.
Hmm... that might lead to another train of though:

Maybe Ginyu is actually a member of Frieza's race that didn't undergo the mutation that created the rest of their species? It's possible that they had been in power so long they just convinced their species that the "Changlings" were the natural state of being, and the unmutated members of their race were, in fact, mutants.

But really, this is all just idle speculation; as nothing has ever actually been stated.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:09 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:So Ginyu could possibly be in Freeza's race, seeing how he said he was a mutant and all.
When did he said that he, or the others, were mutants? I don't recall hearing that from the series.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:11 am

Ginyu said that Goku was strong because he was a mutant like himself.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:16 am

GOd... :shock: I have never thought...

Gouki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gouki » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:00 am

So. It's been confirmed that Ginyu is Ginyu, not just a body-swap?
... Maybe later.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:55 am

I just think of the milk squad as a galactic motley crew with characters from different corners of the galaxies. What species they are doesn't matter to them! As long as they are the most stylish sentai force out there! *pose*

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:18 pm

Pedro The Hutt wrote:I just think of the milk squad as a galactic motley crew with characters from different corners of the galaxies.
Exactly. They're all dairy products from around the universe that mutated as a result of going passed their expiration dates. Hence the referrals to mutants and their milk-related names. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.