The Saiyan Conflict DVD Box Set Is The New Final Bout!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

The Saiyan Conflict DVD Box Set Is The New Final Bout!

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:09 pm

I was looking for this box set but recently it's been real hard to track one down, and if you do there a lot more money then they should be.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-listing/... (snipped to get around scrolling)

You can't even get them at Half.com

http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?c ... &meta_id=3

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:17 pm

I knew I should've bought mine when I had the chance >.> No way I'm paying $200 + for those episodes.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:20 pm

People can LIST whatever price they want... but that doesn't mean people are necessarily going to PAY it.

That said, friend Scott has both boxsets if I ever want them... >.>
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:36 pm

Not too shocking, and I think Amazon.jp's equivalent of that has DragonBox Z Vol. 1 for an asking price as high as 500,000 yen...ha, I wish. I'd bought 6, so I could sell each for what the initial investment had been...

-Corey

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:11 am

I wonder if that set has the original first episodes or the re-edited versions (where they took out Raditz saying "kill" and such).

Anyways, I'm surprised people want those episodes so bad. Other than a couple good voice actors, I don't see what's so appealing about them...nostalgia?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:14 am

The home releases (VHS/DVD) are not the ORIGINAL versions of the episodes (being the first four episodes with extra "Kill" and "Die" and "Death" and such).

"You could die for one thing..."
*- VS -*
"I suppose you could make me angry..."

... for example ^_~. And yeah, it's all about nostalgia. For those of us that got up at 6:30 am on Saturdays just to see a version of a show we were in utter love with... they're for us.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Boomer2k4

Post by Boomer2k4 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:20 am

Pity I didn't notice that earlier

The whole saga is on EzDVD for about $AUD95, which equates to about £35 or $US55.

Out of stock now though :(
I am Darkness Beyond Blackest Pitch
Deeper than the Deepest Night
I am the Sea of Chaos
The Source of All Chaos
I am The Lord of Nightmares

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:16 pm

Nostalgic or not someone has to be crazy to spent $300-$500 for those heavily edited DVDs. I'm pretty sure I made the best decision regarding seasons 1 and 2 of DBZ. I bought the VHS versions of Saban's/Pioneer's seasons 1 and 2 as they were originally released, but I'm going to wait for FUNimation's re-dub before buying the DVDs. Not only will I have the original nostalgic version but also the new un-edited ones as well.

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:25 pm

I know a place to buy the boxset for 80$. :P