What Is The Strongest "Modified" Kamehameha?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LegendarySuperSaiyan

What Is The Strongest "Modified" Kamehameha?

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:05 pm

Sorry for making all the new threads recently, but I need your help:

In GT, we are introduced to several new types of Kamehameha waves. One is the 10 Bai Kamehameha, or 10 Times Kamehameha. Another is the Big Bang Kamehameha used by SSJ4 Gogeta against Yi Xing Long. Also, during the Buu saga, Vegetto uses another fusion of a Vegeta attack with a Kamehameha, the Final Kamehameha.

Any idea of which one of these was the most powerful? I'm arguing with an acquaintance of mine about it.
Last edited by LegendarySuperSaiyan on Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:07 pm

I haven't watched them recently, but I don't think Vegetto ever used the Final Kamehameha in the anime/manga. It's just an attack from DragonBall: Final Bout. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

In terms of "strongest"... well... I figured it would be pretty obvious that SSJ4 Gogeta's Big Bang Kamehameha would be the strongest...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:14 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I haven't watched them recently, but I don't think Vegetto ever used the Final Kamehameha in the anime/manga. It's just an attack from DragonBall: Final Bout. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

In terms of "strongest"... well... I figured it would be pretty obvious that SSJ4 Gogeta's Big Bang Kamehameha would be the strongest...
I think he used it in the anime as well, but I could be wrong. I haven't watched the Buu saga in a long time and never got to that point in the anime.

At first, I did think the Big Bang Kamehameha was the strongest; but it's only a Kamehameha and a Big Bang attack combined; whereas a 10 Times Kamehameha, AFAIK, is essentially one Kamehameha with the power of ten; so it seems that logic would suggest it would be stronger. The Big Bang Attack was probably stronger due to the fact SSJ4 Gogeta is pretty much the most powerful being in existance; but I'm betting a 10 Times Kamehameha is a more powerful attack, as far as that goes.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:17 pm

This really verges on crossing into a somewhat lame conversation... sorry if that sounds really "mean" or "rude," but yeah.

SSJ4 Gogeta is stronger than SSJ4 Goku. I mean, this is pretty obvious... they wouldn't have fused in the first place if they didn't need to. If you just go by common-sense/logic kinda thing, where whatever comes next in the series is stronger / more bad-ass... it's pretty clear that SSJ4 Gogeta's attacks are going to do more damage. Whether or not SSJ4 Gogeta's own "10x Kamehameha" would be stronger than his "Big Bang Kamehameha"...

... well, that's just needless conversation.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:20 pm

VegettoEX wrote:This really verges on crossing into a somewhat lame conversation... sorry if that sounds really "mean" or "rude," but yeah.

SSJ4 Gogeta is stronger than SSJ4 Goku. I mean, this is pretty obvious... they wouldn't have fused in the first place if they didn't need to. If you just go by common-sense/logic kinda thing, where whatever comes next in the series is stronger / more bad-ass... it's pretty clear that SSJ4 Gogeta's attacks are going to do more damage. Whether or not SSJ4 Gogeta's own "10x Kamehameha" would be stronger than his "Big Bang Kamehameha"...

... well, that's just needless conversation.
That's what I mean, though.

Basically, any attack Gogeta uses is going to be more powerful than one that Goku alone uses; due to the fact Gogeta is insanely more powerful than Goku alone. Basically, I'm trying to say that a 10 Times Kamehameha used by Gogeta would probably be more powerful than a Big Bang Kamehameha; due to the fact that it's got the strength of 1ten Kamehameha waves, as opposed to a Big Bang attack and a single Kamehameha wave.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:23 pm

Again, I'll use normal logic.

Gogeta is partially Goku. Therefore he knows the existence of the 10x Kamehameha. Therefore he would use it if it were to be effective. He uses the new Big Bang Kamehameha, instead. You can justly infer he did it for a reason.

That reason being the animators/director/writer wanted to :).

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:36 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Again, I'll use normal logic.

Gogeta is partially Goku. Therefore he knows the existence of the 10x Kamehameha. Therefore he would use it if it were to be effective. He uses the new Big Bang Kamehameha, instead. You can justly infer he did it for a reason.
**Doesn't quote EX's last sentence so that this post will have a valid point**

Not necessarily: Gogeta was a he-bitch. Remember the party favors/noise-maker mabobs? Those weren't more powerful than any attack yet he used them. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:59 pm

Since were on the subject of Kamehameha variations, whatever happened to the Ultra/Mega Kamehameha that Goku used in the 23rd Tenkaichi tournament against Piccolo? Was that an anime-only attack?

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:28 am

The 'Super Kamehameha" was just a really big Kamehameha that was charged longer than a Normal Kamehameha. Any Kamehameha that Goku takes some time to charge up would qualify as Super, but a fast launched one is normal.

Yes, it did appear in Volume 16 of the Viz Dragonball Manga. Twas very effective against Piccolo and ripped up his clothes pretty good, not to mention pissed him off.

I think the most modified Kamehameha is the Feet Kamehameha that Goku used to propel himself at Piccolo in the air at the 23'rd Tenka'ichi' Budokai.

Also, I think Krillins "Kaksudan" was a variation of the Kamehameha, definatly taking the cake for most modified.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:34 am

If one will mix video game only attacks in there, I would say SS4 Gogeta's 100x Big Bang Kamehameha from Budokai 3.

I should find my old "Study of the Kamehameha" post and read over it again. Although I fucked up on a couple of points, it might come in handy in this discussion.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI

Post by ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:40 am

Goku probably used that propelled Kamehameha wave to help himself get up in the air faster. Now on terms with the SSJ4 Gogeta/Goku thing, it would have to be Gogeta because he's a combination of Goku and Vegeta, which makes him the strongest, thus giving him the stronger Kamehameha attack.
"Until we meet again guys!"-Goku

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:03 am

Was the 'Mega Kamehameha' that Goku used in the 23rd Budoukai the 'Chou Kamehameha' in Japanese? I don't have that volume in Japanese, heh heh :lol:
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:13 pm

I have that volume, and though I'm too lazy to check it, yes, I think it was called "Chou." Anywho, every Kamehameha is just a variation of the original attack, with fancy names. The strongest one would be the one that the character puts more power into. If you're going by the logic that every basic Kamehameha is the same, then the so-called 10x one would be inferior to the Final Flash combination. But if you go by the theory the Kamehameha varies with every peron's power, then a 10x Kamehameha used by Gogeta would be far superior to one used by Son Goku. But I haven't watched GT, so I couldn't judge which variation would be more powerful.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:35 pm

*PINHEAD* wrote:I have that volume, and though I'm too lazy to check it, yes, I think it was called "Chou." Anywho, every Kamehameha is just a variation of the original attack, with fancy names. The strongest one would be the one that the character puts more power into. If you're going by the logic that every basic Kamehameha is the same, then the so-called 10x one would be inferior to the Final Flash combination. But if you go by the theory the Kamehameha varies with every peron's power, then a 10x Kamehameha used by Gogeta would be far superior to one used by Son Goku. But I haven't watched GT, so I couldn't judge which variation would be more powerful.
10x Kamehameha had almost no effect on Yi Xing Long. On the other hand, Big Bang Kamehameha almost obliterated him, and, as Gogeta said, a second one would have finished the job, but the fusion time wore off just as he was charging.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:39 pm

The 10x Kamehame-Ha didn't work at first, but it was working quite well after Goku got his "Ultra Super Saiyan 4" power up.

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:45 pm

Yeah Vegetto uses Final Kamehameha which is like Final Flash and Kamehameha combined, the strongest Kamehameha would be 100x Big Bang Kamehameha. Does anyone remember when Gohan Buu's ghosts used Galick Kamehameha.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:10 am

Does anyone remember when Gohan Buu's ghosts used Galick Kamehameha.
Huh? I don't think that happened, did it?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:59 am

Yeah it did the little ghost used a combination of Galick Gun and Kamehameha, unless Vegetto did it?, or maybe it was a filler. (Saw it in the dub)

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:22 am

Some were doing Kamehameha and the others Masenkô

And it was filler I think
Where's the beef?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:23 am

El_Diablo wrote:Some were doing Kamehameha and the others Masenkô

And it was filler I think
Indeed. In the manga, Buu makes them, Vegetto transports behind them, and then shoots a blast at them.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?