The Cells That Make Up Cell

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LegendarySuperSaiyan

The Cells That Make Up Cell

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:56 am

It's probbably been discussed before; but I haven't noticed anything on it in the last two pages, so here goes:

Let's try to come up with a list of everybody we KNOW made up Cell, and then try to figure out who can and can't be in Cell:

Here's the list of everybody I can remember, but correct me if I'm wrong:

Goku, Vegeta, King Cold, Frieza, and Piccolo. It seems pretty obvious to me that if the little machine that took samples of everyone was around at the time the Z Fighters fought Vegeta and Nappa, that Nappa, Krillin, Yamchua, Tenshinhan, Gohan, and Chiaozu were in him, as well. I'm fairly certain that they were in him; because where would he have learned the self-destruction move otherwise? He didn't seem to have a bomb in him, like the other androids; and we know that Chiaozu can self-destruct.

Also, while I'm unsure if this is canon or not, Trunks is in him; as he did absorb Trunks in his timeline.

Now, are there any others?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:05 am

He never mentions Trunks being in him, and Gero says they didn't want Trunks' sample.
All we know is Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Freeza, and King Cold.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:06 am

He abosorbed him!? ;_; I thought he only killed him.

I have a question. How can he have Freeza's cells if he didn't meet Freeza until they met in "HFIL"?

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:14 am

Dr. Gero's robots got his cells when he landed on Earth with his dad :) And then it was used to make Cell.
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:59 am

It wasn't that they didn't want Trunks' cells. I t was decided that there was already a sufficient amount of Saiyajin DNA already.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:11 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:He never mentions Trunks being in him, and Gero says they didn't want Trunks' sample.
In the anime, he absorbed Trunks before going back in time; so I guess that would count. Still, I don't know if that's in the manga, as I never got to that point.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:23 am

LegendarySuperSaiyan wrote:
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:He never mentions Trunks being in him, and Gero says they didn't want Trunks' sample.
In the anime, he absorbed Trunks before going back in time; so I guess that would count. Still, I don't know if that's in the manga, as I never got to that point.
Filler! :D
It wasn't that they didn't want Trunks' cells. It was decided that there was already a sufficient amount of Saiyajin DNA already.
Yup, correct.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:13 pm

LegendarySuperSaiyan wrote:In the anime, he absorbed Trunks before going back in time; so I guess that would count. Still, I don't know if that's in the manga, as I never got to that point.
It didn't say he absorbed Trunks, it just showed him breaking his neck.

Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Freeza, and King Cold we can say for certain. If you go by the anime, then you can include Tenshinhan as well.

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:11 pm

How did the robots give him the cells if he was already resting in the cocoon thing. They must have given it to the baby Cell that was killed by Trunks and Kirllen.

dragon_star

Post by dragon_star » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:19 pm

he said he didn't need trunks's cells because he had enough sayain samples

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:25 pm

I mean Freeza's not Trunks'.

Akira
Regular

The answer to your questions

Post by Akira » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:32 pm

The deal with Time travel in the Dragonball universe is that you never really can change a timeline from its course, but you can chance an event and create a side branching timeline from which an alternate reality exists. Understanding how all the time periods work is vital to understanding how exactly Cell came into being and who all he is comprised of.

(Note that I make some assumptions on things based on things characters say and the highest probable outcome of certain events if they happened with certain characters.)

Original timeline - Frieza heads to earth with King Kold, Goku trails them by a bit, but uses instant transmission to arrive on the battlefield in time. He becomes a Super Saiyan and destroys them both in a short time due to his extensive year of training on Yardrat. Then, he dies three years later of a heart virus before the androids arrive. The androids (Probably still 19 and 20 since Trunks only heard stories he assumed it was 17 and 18 from the start.) Piccolo and Vegeta probably beat them up, but had a much harder time dealing with them. 20 probably escaped and was killed by 17 later when he and 18 left the lab. Because the Z fighters were not present to distract them to hang around longer, they never noticed 16 and he was left in his stasis capsule. The Z fighters are killed and Trunks is trained by Gohan and then after Gohan is defeated, uses the time Machine in the hope of changing things.

First altered timeline- Trunks goes back in time, defeats Frieza and Kold in place of Goku, and warns them of the androids, he returns three years later and helps them destroy the androids, returns to his own time and destroys the androids there. Right before he goes back to tell the Z warriors that he had defeated the androids successfully, Cell kills him and steals his time machine. Cell goes back to a year before Trunks had ever first appeared.

Cell's presence alters the altered timeline into another alternate reality where he absorbs the androids before they are defeated in the past and becomes perfect cell. This is the timeline that happens in the DBZ story that we see. Trunks and Krillin kill baby Cell to keep him from starting another time loop in the future. Then Trunks, who was in that altered timeline there knew of Cell and when he returned to his time was able to stop the loop that was creating multiple universes by killing Cell when he first appeared in the future to steal the time machine. That confined Cell to one point in history where Gohan defeats him.

Now, It has been awhile since I watched my cell saga DVDs, but on some of the scenes he talks about all the different characters who he was comprised of. Not to mention that one of the scenes of baby Cell in the tank shows a list of names on a control pannel. Some characters DBA was more dominant or prominent in Cell's genetic makeup. The bugs were watching ever since the 22nd tournament and collecting samples ever since the fight with Nappa and Vegeta. Cell had the skills and DNA code of MANY warriors put together, including but not limited to:

Son Goku
Tenshinhan
Piccolo
Vegeta
Nappa
Yamcha
Choutzu
Krillin
Frieza
King Kold

With Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and Frieza being the most dominant of the genetic traits, probably because they are the four strongest of those sampled.

I hope all of this helps somewhat in explaining you question. I need to really create a chart for the timeline thing to help explain it better sometime.

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:41 pm

I get it now.There are actually 4 timelines(really confusing) the 1st is the History of Trunks one that he goes back in time,the 2nd is the one where Gohan defeats Cell, the 3rd is the one where Trunks dies and Cell steals the time machine,and the 4th is that the Cell games took place but Trunks wasn't there. Atleast I read somewhere(long time ago) that the 4th one happened.

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:30 pm

I don't remember that 4th timeline ever being mentioned in the anime or manga. Also I'm sure Cell stated that he had a bomb inside him just before he set it off. His method of self-destruction is different to Chouzu's anyway. And seeing as how Cell's self destruction is a manga event, I think its safe to say he didn't get it from Chouzu, as his cells are not in Cell in the manga.
Treading the thin line between insanity and genius

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:47 pm

Dear God not the timeline discussion again?!! >_____________<

It has even been debated that there might be six timelines! If you guys really want to read all about that just check the old thread we debated this subject in. Please don't subject new generations of forum members to the horror. Stop the insanity!

http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=375
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."