Marron's physiology

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Marron's physiology

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:28 pm

I have a question concerning Krillin's daughter. Is she a total 100% human, or does she have some cybernetic enhancements as well? I assume the latter might be true if the rumors I heard that she apparently grew a nose in GT are true. I don't really know since I don't really watch GT.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:05 am

As far as I can tell, Marron is completly human. Seeing how cyborg isn't a race unto itself, I don't see how/why Marron would be. She doesn't display any kind of super-human abilities either. Technically her nose was present on the last chapter of DBZ, so it's not GT exclusive.

ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI

Re: Marron's physiology

Post by ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:30 am

Super Sonic wrote:I have a question concerning Krillin's daughter. Is she a total 100% human, or does she have some cybernetic enhancements as well? I assume the latter might be true if the rumors I heard that she apparently grew a nose in GT are true. I don't really know since I don't really watch GT.
I wondered that as well. But I usually ignore that every time I watch GT.
"Until we meet again guys!"-Goku

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:25 am

#18 was human, just enhanced with mechanical stuff. The fact that she was able to reproduce must mean Marron was completely human...it's not like she would be born with mechanical parts in her.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:06 am

There's one thing I never understood. Did Shenron remove all the mechanical parts out of #18's body? Otherwise how exactly did she give birth?

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:20 am

Who ever said these mechanical parts disabled the ability to give birth?
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:34 am

When I first heard that she and Krillin got hitched I thought that it was kind of like how on Star Trek they said that Commander Data can have sex. So I guess Gero didn't make it so she couldn't reproduce.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:14 pm

Well, 17 and 18 were both cyborgs; they weren't completely mechanical. My guess is Gero went ahead and tinkered with the areas that would give them more strength and didn't waste time on their nether regions.

ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI

Post by ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:45 pm

Mizugi wrote:Well, 17 and 18 were both cyborgs; they weren't completely mechanical. My guess is Gero went ahead and tinkered with the areas that would give them more strength and didn't waste time on their nether regions.
Probably so, since he was so obsessed on killing Goku.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:33 pm

Shenron removed the bombs within the cyborgs. Since #18 was still able to fly afterward, I guess she still kept the mechanical parts that enhanced her power.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Michi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Michi » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:52 pm

Super Sonic wrote:When I first heard that she and Krillin got hitched I thought that it was kind of like how on Star Trek they said that Commander Data can have sex. So I guess Gero didn't make it so she couldn't reproduce.
Data on Star Trek is an android. He's not human in any sense. 18 wasn't created by Gero, she was just altered from her human form.

Adding some super human abilities doesn't mean she's suddenly sterile. It's not like he would bother removing her ovaries or anything. ^^;

ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI

Post by ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:06 pm

Michi wrote:
Super Sonic wrote:When I first heard that she and Krillin got hitched I thought that it was kind of like how on Star Trek they said that Commander Data can have sex. So I guess Gero didn't make it so she couldn't reproduce.
Data on Star Trek is an android. He's not human in any sense. 18 wasn't created by Gero, she was just altered from her human form.

Adding some super human abilities doesn't mean she's suddenly sterile. It's not like he would bother removing her ovaries or anything. ^^;
^What Michi said.

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:55 pm

Sorry I'm necroposting, but I just wanted to add that 17 and 18 don't necessarily have JUST mechanical parts inside of them. There's a panel in the manga where Bulma is looking over blueprints and notes that there are actually very few cybernetic parts in them:
http://www.lovelycyborg.com/shrine/truthoftwins.gif

As for Marron, it could be that she just didn't have a nose because she was a baby, and got one when she grew up. Of course, then why did baby Trunks have a nose? Let's just uhhh...not ask too many questions here. ~_~;

I wonder though, if 18 was mostly bio-organically enhanced (which to me means hormones and nanomachines and whatnot), how did that affect Marron while she was in the womb? Like, theoretically, in my mind, the nanomachines and stuff would be IN 18's blood. Since blood flows to the womb with nutrients, how did the nanomachines and enhancing hormones stay away from Marron? Apparently they did, but hey, it could make for a decent fanfic, m i rite?!
[size=75]"Are we gonna continue?"
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

[url=http://www.lovelycyborg.com/]Lovely Cyborg[/url][/size]

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 pm

Like: "How Marron won the tenkaichi budokai at age 11" ?

It's an idea. XD I find that there should be a female budokai winner for a change... well there almost was one if 18 didn't have a weakness for money.

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:46 pm

Yeah...Marron having some weird new developments at puberty or some weird trigger that makes all the dormant nanos in her blood jump to life and start turning HER into a cyborg. It's a neat idea, but I never really cared about Marron, to be honest.

And it always pissed me off that 18 threw the fight. Like, really, I was disappointed. But ahhh, at least we know she's still a delinquent at heart.
[size=75]"Are we gonna continue?"
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

[url=http://www.lovelycyborg.com/]Lovely Cyborg[/url][/size]