Is there any method behind which scenes are redrawn?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Is there any method behind which scenes are redrawn?

Post by Amigo Ten » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:03 pm

No idea if any information on this has been releases, but is there any word on why the certain scenes that have been redrawn were picked to be redrawn? Just seems weird to have random shots here and there redrawn, especially when it's not particularly important or good looking stuff.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:37 am

Nothing has been officially stated, as far as I know.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:05 pm

Toei took a still from every shot in the episode, glued them to the wall and threw darts. That's the only possible explanation.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:28 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Toei took a still from every shot in the episode, glued them to the wall and threw darts. That's the only possible explanation.
I was thinking along the lines of blindfolding and doing a "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" approach.
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

Freeza.exe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza.exe » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Most of the time they remaster shots for really big KI attacks. Then yeah some scenes are redrawn for reasons I can't explain.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Well they have to redraw some scenes to say Kai is improved over Z. Even if the scenes redrew don't make much sense.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:30 pm

They pretty much have to re-animte the really flashy scenes for "safety" reasons.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:03 am

I still can not comprehend why they left Piccolo's death as is but re-animated the same scene when Gohan had his flashback.