Slightly OT: Ryusei Nakao

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Slightly OT: Ryusei Nakao

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:48 pm

This is sortve related since it has to do with a DB VA. Did Ryusei Nakao voice Erik from One Piece? The dude with the Geordi visor. I cant find anywhere that says it but I'm almost positive its him.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:15 pm

it isn't in the credits?

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:26 pm

It's in the credits, and yes, Nakao DID voice Erik.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:20 pm

There's tons of old Dragon Ball actors doing roles in One Piece, though. My favourite is Pilaf and Buggy sharing an actor.

Though, honestly, I can't really see the point of this topic... There's tons of places you can look stuff like this up.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:34 pm

Oh you mean Shigeru Chiba? Yes he's one of my favourites. He's a real veteran VA with a lot of versatility to his voice. Goes back to Urusei Yatsura days, along Mayumi Tanaka(Kuririn) and Toshio Furukawa(Piccolo), who were also in that cast. He also did Kuwabara from YYH by the way.

Oh and for anyone that doesn't understand who the heck Sun is talking about, Ryusei Nakao was Freeza's VA.^^
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."