Spanish Dragonball

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonpearls
Not-So-Newbie

Spanish Dragonball

Post by dragonpearls » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:23 am

The DVD version of DBZ movie 5 has 3 language:
English, Japanese, and Spanish.

Did FUNmation made that Spanish dub or did someone else?

Also, has there ever been any news that FUN. may make a Spanish versions of the show?

Just wondering.
[i]......HI! ^_^[/i]

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:32 am

No and no. This is FUNimation, not telemundo... :roll:

Just a side note, that Spanish dub on movie 5 kicks ass! Definately up to par with the Japanese version. I don't know who made it, but they should keep it up!
Last edited by DBW on Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ginyu Taiko
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ginyu Taiko » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:33 am

From what I know, the Dragon Ball series was dubbed in Spanish quite a ways back (not by Funimation). If you're looking for Spanish Dragon Ball/Z DVDs, you may want to look at this topic:
http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=1423

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:46 pm

Appearantly, FUNi got the Spanish version from Toei when creating their English dub, so they put it on the disc. As far as I know (and correct me if I'm wrong) it's the Mexican version, and yes, I liked it and found it to be a great and accurate translation of the original Japanese.

As for when it was dubbed in Spanish, one of the Daizenshuu mentions DB outside of Japan... I'll have to check if Spain or Mexico dubbed it first... Don't quote me on this, but I think Spain's dub was 1984, Mexico's was 1995.

EDIT: changed dates ^^;;

Super Saiya-jin Sujin

Post by Super Saiya-jin Sujin » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:14 pm

I have the Latin American version of Cartoon Network and DBZ is shown in Spanish here. I love the Spanish version more than both, really.
I've also seen DB in Spanish, and I'm telling you, FUN did not provide the Spanish version.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:25 pm

So what is this I hear of FUNi expanding DB to Spanish-speaking territories? Are they gonna redub it? or are they acquiring the rights to the Latin American version? This interesting... FUNi did mention it in a recent statement.