Animation Gallery

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Animation Gallery

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:46 pm

Images - Animation

I think you guys have sorta seen this before, but here it is in its "final" layout / form. There's still TONS of images to add to it, but I think 350 was enough to open it with (*smirk*). Thoughts, comments, suggestions?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:15 pm

Great job.

There's some shweet looking images in the video games that I didn't know existed, and know I want to buy them. Grr...

Reminds me of Trunks screencaps. How long did this take you, anyway?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:19 pm

I've been working on it on and off since early January. It's nice mindless work that I can do when I don't feel like putting effort into writing ^^.

I've actually got a bunch of others done, but didn't feel like putting them ALL up at once. Plus, I'd rather have the Ultimate Battle 22 animation for the next update to the section. It's all ripped... but I haven't done it yet, 'cuz it'll probably be as many images as the Budokai 2 section :P. All of those images will need some heavy fixing up, too... encoding the video of the UB22 intro was a pain. Sooooo many filters.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:48 pm

I've been working on it on and off since early January.
Wow. No wonder you're fed up with the timelines. You must have been expecting a nice little easy project after all those pics and then come and fine this bastich of debate. I tip my hate to you, EX.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:54 pm

Let me be the first to say AWESOME job on the animation section, however I think I'm already the 3rd to say it...but it's still damn sweet regardless.

I have a question for you though, I'm finally getting the hang of making my own screen caps with your instructions awhile ago, but I'm having problems with the 'Smart Blur.' When I use it, it looks WAY too smoothed out. What settings do you use?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:05 pm

I'm finally getting the hang of making my own screen caps with your instructions awhile ago,
I've never done screen caps before. I'd like to make some using the DBZ movie+specials. Is there something specific (hardware I mean) that you need in order to make screen caps. Please say no. In terms of pictures and layout my site's empty enough as it is. :oops:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:22 pm

Ah, well EX made a really long and detailed explination on how he does his Here. He explains it much better than me.

As for me, I just got a new DVD playing software for my computer, which also allows me to take 'screen captures' from the scene I'm watching. From there I just copy&paste it into Adobe Photoshop.

Give it a try, I'm sure we'll all get the hang of it. :D

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:32 pm

**Reads the thread and throws up**
Oh well. No screen caps for me then. :D

Unless... how do ppl make screen caps using VHS?!?!

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:41 pm

I believe that requires somekind of outside hardware/software stuff...I really have no idea, but I bet it's even more complicated :shock:

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:09 pm

Wonderful job on the section VegettoEX. It really is a gorgeous job! :D

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:42 pm

This isn't really a new section preview... this kind of thing is supposed to go in the Daizenshuu EX Forum discussion.

Oh, sorry, you're the guy. Whatever you do is magically okay, right? :wink:

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:32 pm

Very nice animation section, I really like the Budokai 2 screenies, thats some mighty fine looking DBZ art with a new look that keeps the feel ^^
-Laserkid

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:42 pm

That animation job is beautiful.