Who is the lamest villain?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goodguy777
Banned

Who is the lamest villain?

Post by goodguy777 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:17 am

Recoome was one of the lamest. Can you think of someone worse?
It's a gag manga! It never was nor was it meant to be scientifically sound or accurate.

Kaboom

Re: who is the lamest villain

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:34 am

RULE #4: ESSENTIAL POSTING AND STYLE

I'm not going to tell you to stop making threads, because there's nothing inherently wrong with that. But like you've already been asked before, please put a little more thought and effort into what you post. Like so...

I'd probably pick Android 19. He and 20 had potential, and may have once been intended to be the big villains. But as it is, they ended up as fodder. Plus, 19 is ugly, and not in a "scary monster" way like Imperfect Cell. I'm kinda glad Mr. Toriyama's editor decided to swing down the axe on those two.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:42 am

First off, Recoome was awesome.
Secondly, I'd probably go with the evil, grey Boo. He was only in an episode and a half... Understandably so, but still.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:43 am

Brolli, the retarded bulldozer.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:49 am

I would have to pick Buyon from the Red Ribbon Arc. Big bad ugly beast . . . but what is he defeated by? A draft. :lol: Overall though I don't dislike any of the villians as they all have something to offer. Even though both Recoome and Androids 19 and 20 or even Guurdo and the Sabaiman where eventually owned by our heroes, at least they where a major threat to some of our characters. Even Buyon was but the way he was beaten makes me think that he might be "the lamest villain".
penguintruth wrote:Brolli, the retarded bulldozer.
Also the lamest children's book as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Maphisto86 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:51 am

Oh, CRAP, how did I forget Broly? Perhaps I was trying to.

Yes, Broly. He was no more or less interesting than any other movie villain in his first flick. But after that, especially with his over-wanked status in the modern fandom... lame lame lame lame lame.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:05 am

For as much flack as Broli gets, you can't deny how awesome movie 8 was, right? I admit that, after movie 8, his presence in those later two features was a bit much. Heck, I only watch movie 10 'cause Gohan eventually fights him.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:36 am

Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:For as much flack as Broli gets, you can't deny how awesome movie 8 was, right? I admit that, after movie 8, his presence in those later two features was a bit much. Heck, I only watch movie 10 'cause Gohan eventually fights him.
Actually, I found Movie 8 really boring, but I thought 10 was pretty fun. In fact, my only real problem with 10 was the fact that Broli was the villain, instead of someone new. Someone who could more logically be a challenge for SSJ2 Gohan. Someone who had a better reason* to come to Earth than to yell at kids who look like dead people. Someone with a personality.

*I actually don't remember how/why Broli ended up on Earth, if it was even explained. Maybe I blocked it out, because I just saw it a few months ago.
-Rachel

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:57 am

TripleRach wrote:
Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:For as much flack as Broli gets, you can't deny how awesome movie 8 was, right? I admit that, after movie 8, his presence in those later two features was a bit much. Heck, I only watch movie 10 'cause Gohan eventually fights him.
Actually, I found Movie 8 really boring, but I thought 10 was pretty fun. In fact, my only real problem with 10 was the fact that Broli was the villain, instead of someone new. Someone who could more logically be a challenge for SSJ2 Gohan. Someone who had a better reason* to come to Earth than to yell at kids who look like dead people. Someone with a personality.

*I actually don't remember how/why Broli ended up on Earth, if it was even explained. Maybe I blocked it out, because I just saw it a few months ago.
Broli fighting chibi Trunks and Goten, without knowing who they are, makes it kinda hard to sit through until Gohan arrives. He begins fighting because Goten looks like Goku, but he still should've realized it wasn't him. By the same token, I've always attributed Broli's hate towards Goku as a mentally unstable fixation. Goku crying next to him when they were babies, coppled together with his natural ability to grow in power, especially over the years as demonstrated by his father's flashbacks, you then have a foe with a distorted mind, and a heavy dose of destructive force. I almost forgot to mention that since Broli was encased in ice for seven years after movie 8, he didn't age and his mind had the same thought process from seven years prior, which was to kill Goku.
Last edited by Ultimate_DB_Fan on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:02 am

Movie 8 was too long for its own good. Before seeing it, I was hoping for a DBZ movie that was longer and more involved, but Movie 8 seemed like they were overextending something stupid.

The whole "Legendary Super Saiyan" thing was better left as some unresolved red herring. Brolli has no personality and his back story is nonsense.

And the combat was just Brolli bulldozing his opponents until the end. Lame.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:19 am

penguintruth wrote:
Movie 8 was too long for its own good. Before seeing it, I was hoping for a DBZ movie that was longer and more involved, but Movie 8 seemed like they were overextending something stupid.

The whole "Legendary Super Saiyan" thing was better left as some unresolved red herring. Brolli has no personality and his back story is nonsense.

And the combat was just Brolli bulldozing his opponents until the end. Lame.
Glad to hear your opinion. Not everyone feels that way, though.

SaiyaMel
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyaMel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:40 am

I think most of the villains were lame... Gurdo sucked as well.
Just Saiyan...

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:54 am

Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:For as much flack as Broli gets, you can't deny how awesome movie 8 was, right?
Super Vegeta's foot bounces off Restricted SSJ Broly's neck. Yes I can. Fuck movie 8.

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Buu makes Broly look like a genius.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Who is the lamest villain?

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Lamest is Kid Boo, and Broly comes in close second.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:12 pm

Yakon! From the Babidi Saga... god that creature pissed me off.
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:02 pm

I don't see where the Boo hate is coming from. He is intentionally dumb and childlike so as to be unique and gag-ish, whereas Broli was obviously the product of an overzealous writer who claimed that people who grunt and only say one word are somehow "cool". The hate going around for the Tokusentai is also somewhat depressing, as they existed to (A) Provide someone for Gohan and Kuririn to fight and (B) Satisfy Toriyama's need to write gag characters.

The worst villains in my book are the ones who are intended to be serious, memorable threats and fail horribly. In this regard, the worst villains were probably pretty much everyone in the Ultimate Dragonball arc of GT as well as the first four evil dragons, as they were built up way too much, and then fell flat. In addition, the Ultimate Dragonball villains also took way too long to defeat for an enemy of their battle strength at that point in the series. Maybe that would have been acceptable in Pre-Boo DBZ but not in GT.

P.S. Also, Gozu and Mezu.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:06 pm

Garlic Jr.

I can stand Broly in first film. Plus he's only in 2 films. Other villains are not that bad. But Garlic Jr. gets his own saga and it's one that almost made me give up on the show. I hadn't seen the Japanese version so had no idea. I thought "oh great dragonball Z has jumped the shark." then I read online about him been filler and other arcs like cell were coming up.

But Garlic Jr. is so boring to watch and he's also kind of retarded. He got sucked into his own dead zone TWICE! really? really? That's just stupid. Even Saibamen showed more intelligence than that.

Krazy Monkey

Post by Krazy Monkey » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:Secondly, I'd probably go with the evil, grey Boo. He was only in an episode and a half...
...And that makes him lame, how?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:45 pm

Bear (chapter 3) was kind of lame for such a cool design. He was just...sort of there, and then done got himself kilt. 'Tis a shame, really.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf