Gohan vs. Dabura

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goodguy777
Banned

Re: Gohan vs. Dabura

Post by goodguy777 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Hmmm which is which:
SSJ Gohan or SSJ2 Gohan,
Perfect Cell = Dabra or Super Perfect Cell = Dabra
Last edited by goodguy777 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a gag manga! It never was nor was it meant to be scientifically sound or accurate.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:56 pm

There's nothing to ponder. Gohan wasn't a Super Saiyan 2, and as such he couldn't possibly be matching a Super Perfect Cell-level opponent. Dabra is somewhere within Perfect Cell's range.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

goodguy777
Banned

Post by goodguy777 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:03 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:There's nothing to ponder. Gohan wasn't a Super Saiyan 2, and as such he couldn't possibly be matching a Super Perfect Cell-level opponent. Dabra is somewhere within Perfect Cell's range.
That's why I'm wondering why they still discuss this thing. They can follow the manga(ssj) or daizenshuu(ssj2), as for Dabra = Perfect Cell, there's nothing to back it up except theories.
It's a gag manga! It never was nor was it meant to be scientifically sound or accurate.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:35 pm

goodguy777 wrote:That's why I'm wondering why they still discuss this thing. They can follow the manga(ssj) or daizenshuu(ssj2),
The Daizenshuu just made a boo-boo. Some editor missed it when he was facts-checking, or something. Regardless, some people are still convinced that the guidebooks' word is law, even when it goes against what's actually in the original material.

"The Daizenshuu says that Goku is wearing nothing but a purple bikini in this chapter."
"... What? No, look. He's wearing his Gi as usual."
"Nu-uh. Daizenshuu says it's a bikini. The Daizenshuu is officially sanctioned material by Toriyama himself, so it must be right!"
"But he's NOT wearing a bikini; you can see that right there in front of your face, on the page."
"DAIZENSHUU."

as for Dabra = Perfect Cell, there's nothing to back it up except theories.
Goku: "There was this Cell guy we fought seven years ago. Dabra's probably about as strong as him." Established: Dabra is on the level of an unspecified form of Cell.

Then, Dabra matches Super Saiyan Gohan in an even fight. Gohan is within Perfect Cell's range of power. Established: Dabra is also within Perfect Cell's range of power.
deviantART
[thread]

goodguy777
Banned

Post by goodguy777 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:43 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
goodguy777 wrote:That's why I'm wondering why they still discuss this thing. They can follow the manga(ssj) or daizenshuu(ssj2),
The Daizenshuu just made a boo-boo. Some editor missed it when he was facts-checking, or something. Regardless, some people are still convinced that the guidebooks' word is law, even when it goes against what's actually in the original material.

"The Daizenshuu says that Goku is wearing nothing but a purple bikini in this chapter."
"... What? No, look. He's wearing his Gi as usual."
"Nu-uh. Daizenshuu says it's a bikini. The Daizenshuu is officially sanctioned material by Toriyama himself, so it must be right!"
"But he's NOT wearing a bikini; you can see that right there in front of your face, on the page."
"DAIZENSHUU."
Cloth or Bikini is not a mythical transformation. Anyway, it's everybody's choice which they will believe in.
SSj Kaboom wrote:
as for Dabra = Perfect Cell, there's nothing to back it up except theories.
Goku: "There was this Cell guy we fought seven years ago. Dabra's probably about as strong as him." Established: Dabra is on the level of an unspecified form of Cell.

Then, Dabra matches Super Saiyan Gohan in an even fight. Gohan is within Perfect Cell's range of power. Established: Dabra is also within Perfect Cell's range of power.
After 7 years of hiatus, hmmmm.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:06 pm

goodguy777 wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:There's nothing to ponder. Gohan wasn't a Super Saiyan 2, and as such he couldn't possibly be matching a Super Perfect Cell-level opponent. Dabra is somewhere within Perfect Cell's range.
That's why I'm wondering why they still discuss this thing. They can follow the manga(ssj) or daizenshuu(ssj2), as for Dabra = Perfect Cell, there's nothing to back it up except theories.
People aren't pondering that. They're pondering why Son Gohan wouldn't or couldn't transform into a Super Saiyan. And what we've worked out from this discussion is...well, nothing. Apart from a number of theories that can be easily dismissed by using a number of other theories.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

goodguy777
Banned

Post by goodguy777 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
goodguy777 wrote:
People aren't pondering that. They're pondering why Son Gohan wouldn't or couldn't transform into a Super Saiyan. And what we've worked out from this discussion is...well, nothing. Apart from a number of theories that can be easily dismissed by using a number of other theories.
Theories = non canon

Manga = canon

Databooks = considered as canon

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:13 pm

I only accept the databooks if they don't contradict what we see in the manga or common sense.

goodguy777
Banned

Post by goodguy777 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:14 pm

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Rocketman wrote:I only accept the databooks if they don't contradict what we see in the manga or common sense.
THIS!!! I agree with that statement. In fact that statement is pretty much commonsense, and the only way to argue against it if you are saying the databooks are correcting how things should've been. For the records, it was SSJ1 Gohan vs Dabura, right?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:17 pm

Khalid Shahin wrote:For the records, it was SSJ1 Gohan vs Dabura, right?
From visual evidence, yes.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

goodguy777
Banned

Post by goodguy777 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:19 pm

Khalid Shahin wrote:
Rocketman wrote:I only accept the databooks if they don't contradict what we see in the manga or common sense.
THIS!!! I agree with that statement. In fact that statement is pretty much commonsense, and the only way to argue against it if you are saying the databooks are correcting how things should've been. For the records, it was SSJ1 Gohan vs Dabura, right?
You can't correct anything in the gag manga, it was hinted by respectable SSj Kaboom.
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
From visual evidence, yes.
From visual evidence, it's a gag manga.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:20 pm

You must be trollin`... :shock:

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:21 pm

goodguy777 wrote:From visual evidence, it's a gag manga.
OK, I thought you should stop now, or else you might get banned.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:22 pm

Clearly and obviously.

goodguy777, what's your point?
deviantART
[thread]

goodguy777
Banned

Post by goodguy777 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
What did I do? This is what I called unfair treatment. Authorities were allowed to say Dragon Ball is a gag manga while I'm not.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:27 pm

goodguy777 wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
What did I do? This is what I called unfair treatment. Authorities were allowed to say Dragon Ball is a gag manga while I'm not.
Yes, but you need to conduct yourself in a civilised manner rather than doing something that's going to arouse the moderators' attentions and cause hostility towards yourself at the same time.

goodguy777
Banned

Post by goodguy777 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Yes, but you need to conduct yourself in a civilised manner rather than doing something that's going to arouse the moderators' attentions and cause hostility towards yourself at the same time.
With due respect, this is what SSj Kaboom did in all of my thread. Isn't that spamming too because it was not conduct in a civilized manner. At least, in civilized manner I'm saying that Dragon Ball is a gag manga because it started off as a gag but not action packed.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:33 pm

I will kindly ask non-moderators to please stop moderating.

Also, everyone REALLY needs to take a second to re-read their posts. Honestly, I'm having a REALLY difficult time even figuring out what some of you are TRYING TO SAY. I can't tell if it is because you are non-native English speakers, of you are just being lazy with your posting behavior. You need to be clear, concise, and above all else, respectful.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:35 pm

goodguy777 wrote:With due respect, this is what SSj Kaboom did in all of my thread. Isn't that spamming too because it was not conduct in a civilized manner. At least, in civilized manner I'm saying that Dragon Ball is a gag manga because it started off as a gag but not action packed.
I made that statement as the closing comment because it was relevant to the topic, and a point that needed to be made. What you are doing now is just throwing a fit, spamming, and playing the blame game yet again. You've already been warned about this.
deviantART
[thread]