Super Saiyan in Kai - Confirmed!

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Saiyan in Kai - Confirmed!

Post by Vino » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:43 am

Big Momma wrote:I'm definitely watching this one.

And while I have no idea what will happen, here's hoping that they re-animate the scene.
I sure as hell hope they don't. Nothing is wrong with the original scene, no flashing/seizures and I'd hate to see it animated with their flash quality "redrawn" scenes.

There ARE are some decent "redrawn" scenes here and there, but I'd rather keep the SSJ one with the original.

LilLinks Sasha

Post by LilLinks Sasha » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:52 pm

I've only watched the first episode of kai, and I don't think I'm going to make an exception to watch this episode. The reason is that now that funimation has confirmed the release in North America I'd rather snuggle up with my boyfriend on the sofa and watch it on TV with him with no interruptions.
Worth the wait I think =].
“Won’t you show me just why you call yourself The Great Saiya-Man?” - Temple O' Trunks pick up lines. ;)
Sasha ^^

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:46 pm

Wow. Thanks to Kanzentai's update, I just realized that this episode will air on my 24th birthday! Maybe I'll have to watch it after all!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/29/24!)
Current Episode: Attack of the Member Berries - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 3

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:25 am

Goku hasn't even defeated Freeza by episode 47? How are they going to fit the Android, Cell, Saiyaman, and Buu sagas all into 50 episodes? I'm thinking we're getting more that 100. I hope we are. I'd hate to spend over 30 episodes on stinking Namek, fighting weak ass Freeza. There are better villains.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:47 am

Innagadadavida wrote:Goku hasn't even defeated Freeza by episode 47? How are they going to fit the Android, Cell, Saiyaman, and Buu sagas all into 50 episodes? I'm thinking we're getting more that 100. I hope we are. I'd hate to spend over 30 episodes on stinking Namek, fighting weak ass Freeza. There are better villains.
I can't wait for Yakon, either. 8)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:07 am

Innagadadavida wrote:Goku hasn't even defeated Freeza by episode 47? How are they going to fit the Android, Cell, Saiyaman, and Buu sagas all into 50 episodes? I'm thinking we're getting more that 100. I hope we are. I'd hate to spend over 30 episodes on stinking Namek, fighting weak ass Freeza. There are better villains.
Okay, so Freeza is weak but in my opinion he was the most interesting villain.

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:07 am

Freeza, weak? You must be shrooming. Freeza clowned absolutely everyone, including Goku, before Super Saiyan happened. Freeza is only weak by revisionist history basing it on the villains who came after. In the context of his own story arc and all of the ones before it, he was the strongest character period in Dragon Ball before Goku turned Super Saiyan. That said I probably won't check this part of Kai out in a timely fashion but I'll keep tabs on it here and try to check out some screenshots once it's out.

GohanRez
Banned

Post by GohanRez » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:06 am

I've been waiting for this!
Will be watching it live for sure. :wink:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:35 pm

Well, looks like Mike might get his way. #45 only covered all of #91 through the eyecatch of #92. I suspect #46 will cover all of #92 that remains and all of #93, so that #47 can cover #94-95.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf