Footage of "Makafushigi Adventure!" Intro

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Footage of "Makafushigi Adventure!" Intro

Post by SonGohan-san » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:29 pm

I know there is a DB intros topic already, but I don't think that forum addresses this question.

Basically, I just want to know if anyone knows if there was a facelift done to the intro footage (the "Makafushigi Adventure!" one) for the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai. Reason I ask is because Funimation only received the original footage from the first few episodes. So, there is no way to know by simply purchasing their dvds.

As I acquired more fansubs back in the day, I got to see the changes in footage that was put place to better fit the events that were currently taking place within that episode. I'm really curious to know if they revamped it yet again toward the end of the series, seeing as Goku was an adult.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:09 am

No one knows?

Ah c'mon...I've read 498576049 other assinine (but fun) questions and they all get answered. SOMEONE here knows. I won't except the fact that there isn't some nerdy DB stiff lurking through these forums out there who doesn't know this answer. So, answer away nerds. It's for a good cause. Yeah, I'm talking to YOU!! *serious point and glare*

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:24 am

I don't have my fansubs on me...

But no, there's no major new animation in the opening, even after everyone's "adult" looking; still all children in the opening.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:17 am

Thank you, good sir!

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:48 pm

But they did change it a bit. At least, according to your wonderful DVD Guide, Mr VegettoCheeseBoy.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:49 pm

Yeah, there's animation changes throughout the show... but that wasn't the question. They didn't totally reanimate to include adult-age characters ^^.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:11 pm

Well, I just realized something. On the DVD Guide, I wasn't clicking on the images to get an analysis of each dvd. So, had I realized this, I guess I wouldn't have brought up the above question. That being said, I have a lot more respect for the work you guys put into the DVD Guide seeing its full extent.

But that brings up another question. Can anyone describe to me what the last "Romantikku Ageru Yo" (eps 133-153) closing sequence looked like?

God, I hope this isn't on some video achive on your site somewhere. But I'm pretty sure THIS time I'm asking something that can't be found elsewhere. Thanks.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:59 pm

SonGohan-san wrote:But that brings up another question. Can anyone describe to me what the last "Romantikku Ageru Yo" (eps 133-153) closing sequence looked like?
Luckily for you, I had typed this up on Usenet once!

Check it out, yo.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:32 pm

Thanks so much, TripleRach!