Mayumi Tanaka is coming to Seattle's Sakura Con 2010

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Re: Mayumi Tanaka is coming to Seattle's Sakura Con 2010

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:34 pm

I think the male Robin has disturbed by image of her/him. And it looks like Nami and Luffy just swapped physical appearances.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Woo hoo, already planning to go anyway, but now I'll definitely have to make sure to check out her panel. I went to Kappei Yamaguchi's last year, and it was great (though some fangirl actually asked him what he thought about, "the yaoi relationship between Light and L" :roll: Seriously? You just had to go and be "that girl"?)

I hope there's an autograph session, too. At first, I couldn't think of what I should have her sign. I don't have a whole lot of Krillin stuff (a couple of small figures, which would seem to be difficult to sign), and a limited amount of One Piece stuff (and not really Luffy specific). Then, I remembered I have the perfect thing to sign: the Shounen Jump issue with Cross Epoch! (thanks, Daizenshuu EX! I won it from a podcast contest a couple years ago). Dare I say getting her signature on that would be....epic? :P Should go better than the autograph session I went to for Kirk Thornton at KumoriCon....I had a Tenjou Tenge pencil board featuring Bunshichi, and he had a hard time remembering that he had played that character :lol:
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:10 pm

sailorspazz wrote: Should go better than the autograph session I went to for Kirk Thornton at KumoriCon....I had a Tenjou Tenge pencil board featuring Bunshichi, and he had a hard time remembering that he had played that character :lol:
:lol: Well, he has played quite a few characters.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:10 am

Sorry for the bump/necropost, but it's just been announced besides Ms. Tanaka and the Kai premiere, that Mr. Horikawa will be in attendance at Sakuracon. So if anyone around the Pacific Northwest wants to meet him, they have a chance:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-r ... t-of-honor

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:42 pm

I AM SO JEALOUS.
Mr. Horikawa is the coolest... I wish he'd visit Europe sometime instead...

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Also the DB shoot is on Friday at 2 pm on the first floor. So if anyone wants to see DB cosplayers, they'll be there. And the schedule is up:

http://www.sakuracon.org/schedule/SC2010_Schedule.pdf

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Sorry for the bump/necropost, but it's just been announced besides Ms. Tanaka and the Kai premiere, that Mr. Horikawa will be in attendance at Sakuracon. So if anyone around the Pacific Northwest wants to meet him, they have a chance:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-r ... t-of-honor

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:01 am

Oh, I'd forgotten Horikawa was the voice of Captain Falcon! Now he's extra awesome again! :O
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:17 am

Horikawa's coming to an Anime convention in the states? Too bad I live on the other side of the world. :(

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:52 am

EDIT: Wrong thread
Last edited by SHINOBI-03 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:09 am

"Makankosappo Blast" lol.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:20 pm

HOLY CRAP....Horikawa is coming to Sakura Con?! I may be a girl, but I'm pretty sure I just jizzed in my pants. Personally, since Vegeta is my favorite character, this blows Mayumi Tanaka's appearance at the con out of the water (sorry!). I must DEFINITELY get his autograph on something, and take a picture with him, and....oh my god, I feel like a hyper teenage fangirl! Sorry for the excessive caps and excitement, but this next weekend is going to ROCK! It really seems this year like they're finally throwing us Northwest otaku a bone. I mean, world premieres of the Kai dub and Trigun movie, plus totally awesome (from a Dragonball fan's perspective) Japanese guests? We've come a long way from the days when we would just get dub actors from bit parts and perhaps the world premiere trailer for some awesome movie that's actually going to premiere at a bigger con :D It's been awhile since I've been super excited for a con, since I'm a cynical old fan who tires of the squeeing and glomping of the con environment. But OH MAN you can bet your ass there'll be squeeing if I get to meet Ryo Horikawa!
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:57 pm

sailorspazz wrote:HOLY CRAP....Horikawa is coming to Sakura Con?! I may be a girl, but I'm pretty sure I just jizzed in my pants. Personally, since Vegeta is my favorite character, this blows Mayumi Tanaka's appearance at the con out of the water (sorry!). I must DEFINITELY get his autograph on something, and take a picture with him, and....oh my god, I feel like a hyper teenage fangirl! Sorry for the excessive caps and excitement, but this next weekend is going to ROCK! It really seems this year like they're finally throwing us Northwest otaku a bone. I mean, world premieres of the Kai dub and Trigun movie, plus totally awesome (from a Dragonball fan's perspective) Japanese guests? We've come a long way from the days when we would just get dub actors from bit parts and perhaps the world premiere trailer for some awesome movie that's actually going to premiere at a bigger con :D It's been awhile since I've been super excited for a con, since I'm a cynical old fan who tires of the squeeing and glomping of the con environment. But OH MAN you can bet your ass there'll be squeeing if I get to meet Ryo Horikawa!
Damnit!! I'm growing even more envious!! Why don't I live there?! Why are plane tickets so expensive?!

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Back. Saw the Kai premiere and it was pretty ok. Was kinda wierd hearing Piccolo saying "Makkankosappo!" and Colleen Clinkenbeard's little Gohan will take getting used to. Do got some pics though:

DB Shoot was only us three but these guys were cool.

Ms. Tanaka was excited when she saw me. She kept saying, "Tuxedo Kamen! Tuxedo Kamen! Mamo-chan!"

Mr. Horikawa was pretty nice too.

Mr. Williams was also cool. He was also excited when I gave him my dvd with Kaioshin on the cover to sign. He was like, "Hey it's Supreme Kai."

What I had the above three sign.

Rest of pictures:

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w77/ ... on%202010/

Didn't take pics with Vic this year, but did have him sign Ouran dvd. All in all, I had a lot of fun at this con. And to leave things with :

QUAILMAN!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:06 pm

Awww, I'm so jealous! I wish I could meet Tanaka and Horikawa! And nice-looking Tuxedo Kamen costume. Glad Tanaka got a kick out of that!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:06 am

Tanaka's face is priceless. I would've loved to been there.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:12 am

You are literally the only cosplayer I will ever care about Super. :lol:
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:22 am

I don't recall seeing you there, Super Sonic. Who'd you go as? I don't recognize that character. :(
I wasn't dressed up. Was going to go as Luffy, but my red shirt was at my friend's house. Maybe you saw my friend though. I dressed him up as Zoro with stuff from my closet. I think he was the only Zoro wearing goggles and a bandanna on his arm.

Damn, I missed the opening 'cause of the stupid registration line. And then I missed the Q&As and autograph signings for Tanaka and Horikawa 'cause of my friend... :x I really wanted to see them!! :evil: :cry:

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Who was he? He was none other than the dashing Tuxedo Kamen from Sailor Moon, voiced by none other than our very own Yamucha (Furuya Toru)!!! Excitement!

EDIT: Oh, wait. I should probably clarify that I doubt Super Sonic was voiced by Furuya Toru, but I'm sure he has a fine voice too. :wink:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:18 pm

I meant the one in the purple. I know who Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru is. But that purple clad character confuses me. :?