Screwy age mistakes(?!)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:31 pm

Why is the DBZ community so eager to bitch in the first place? =/

The reason I was upset was because of Wukong's "Stupid GT" comment. It bugs me because it's like misplacing blame.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:29 am

There is no "blame." IT'S A CARTOON. GET OVER IT. Things don't HAVE to make sense. It's a series of drawings simulating motion. It's not real. We love Dragon Ball because it's NOT real.

Mike, can we PLEASE get some official word to stop the GT bashing? It's driving me insane.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:27 am

Plus I think the dub bashing/sub bashing should stop too. It's just so damn "annoying otaku".
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Ero-Sennin

Post by Ero-Sennin » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:23 am

GT bashing isn't good ya know, it's not the series fault it was amde that way, blame the people who made it at least.

~pats B on the head~

But remember the trunks have different factors in growing up, so of course they would look less/more aged at the same age. Come on look at twins if one leads a laid back life he/she will most likely look younger than the stress ridden sibling.
Dark souls come dime a dozen, a truely pure soul is priceless, whilst a truely corrupted one is worthless.

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:36 pm

Mike D wrote:If it aint GT then it's the Dub...
I'm serious man, this shit is ridiculous. Both GT and the Dub have their good points. Someone talk about that for once.

Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Domon » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:39 pm

Mike D wrote:
Mike D wrote:If it aint GT then it's the Dub...
I'm serious man, this shit is ridiculous. Both GT and the Dub have their good points. Someone talk about that for once.
Yes, and their good points is that they ended!

Ok, lame joke, but someone had to say it.

But if we're going to talk about good points for GT... I did like seeing Pan getting quite a bit of screen time (considering that she was only 4 at the end of Z), and the theme songs are pretty good.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:36 pm

Oh god, look what I started.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:40 pm

What, us talking good things about GT? :P

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:02 pm

As shocking as this may sound to some of you, I really enjoy GT. I don't like it quite as much as I do DBZ, but there are actually a few things I like better in GT than in Z... for example, as has been said before, the theme songs are really good (I absolutely love "Blue Velvet"). Also, what's a show if you can't enjoy it with your friends, and (like most of us) a lot of my friends are girls, and most don't go for Z because it's so boy-oriented, but GT, although still aimed at us guys, is much more enjoyable for the ladies than Z is (primarily because of the active presence of Pan).
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Domon » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:27 pm

kenisu3000 wrote:Also, what's a show if you can't enjoy it with your friends, and (like most of us) a lot of my friends are girls, and most don't go for Z because it's so boy-oriented, but GT, although still aimed at us guys, is much more enjoyable for the ladies than Z is (primarily because of the active presence of Pan).
Then it's a show you watch without your friends... which is how I prefer it. :P