Question about Faulconer's score

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Question about Faulconer's score

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue May 03, 2005 11:19 pm

I've been waiting and waiting for the CDs I ordered from Japanimation to arrive, but it's been nearly two months, and nothing. They emailed me saying they'd track it through the mail, but I haven't heard from them since, and that was well over a week ago. I'm getting too anxious, and being sick of waiting, I have to know: Do any of the Faulconer CDs contain the music from Cell's first unveiling in his perfect form? (Dub, of course...)
If you want more specifics -- I'm talking about ep. 160 (dunno the dub ep. number): the scene where all of the Z-senshi are gawking at Perfect Cell for the first time.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue May 03, 2005 11:39 pm

Do you mean the Dub Perfect Cell Theme? I know one of Falconer's CDs has it... but if you ever come by chat I could DCC that and the Cell Return's themes. ^^
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue May 03, 2005 11:57 pm

I don't think it's really categorized as Perfect Cell's theme. I've heard the song samples to each track on the first 5 "Best of DBZ" CDs and it doesn't appear to be anywhere within these 30-second samples.
I'm not sure how else to describe it, I guess you just have to have this episode to know what I'm talking about.
It's a slow, menacing theme that lasts (I'm guessing) about a minute, and once it reaches the end, it becomes clear that this is a severely hopeless situation; and it fits the mood of the scene perfectly. I like the Japanese counterpart a lot better, but this theme is also good.
Come to think of it, it's also used when Piccolo is fighting Cell in his first form (on that island after the battle w/ 17), and just when Piccolo thinks he's got Cell beaten (Cell is submerged in the water), he surfaces.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed May 04, 2005 1:15 am

Ya, that sounds like either the Perfect Cell Theme or Cell Returns, most likely. I'll admit, I'm not a big BGM person. I could pretty much do without it (Dub or original). But that's what it sounds like. They're about 45 seconds long. Give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can put the MP3's up somewhere...

EDIT: After listening to them again I think it's most likely Cell Returns so I've uploaded it to Rapid Share. You can get it here. Just click that, click free, wait for the countdown to finish, and then download. It's a bit of a hassle, but it's a quick and easy to use free service so I'm not gonna complan.
Last edited by Xyex on Thu May 05, 2005 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Thu May 05, 2005 9:52 am

I found a site with all the currently released CDs (as in, not including Volume 5 and 6, which aren't out yet) in mp3 files, but I don't think I'm supposed to post it. :oops:

So is the one Xyex posted the song you're looking for? I've looked at the tracklistings for the CD, there are so many Cell songs.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu May 05, 2005 10:54 am

Could you PM it to me?

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Mon May 09, 2005 8:15 pm

If it's one thing I hate it's when a soundtrack is incomplete.
The CDs finally arrived, and the music I was after is indeed on Best of DBZ volume 2 (it finishes out track 15: "Imperfect Cell Theme"), but it isn't the whole song!! They cut out the best part (the music that plays as the camera pans out from Cell's face in that upward-facing shot...)

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Tue May 10, 2005 11:04 am

Leotaku: Volume 5 has been out for ages, and Volume 6 came out last month.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Tue May 10, 2005 12:29 pm

ThunderPX wrote:Leotaku: Volume 5 has been out for ages, and Volume 6 came out last month.
What the..?
I remember looking at Faulconer's official site while looking for a song. I saw Volume 5 and 6, which I never heard of.

http://www.faulconer.com/pages/b5.html
http://www.faulconer.com/pages/b6.html

For 5, it said "Release Date July 2nd! Place your orders now!"
For 6, it said "Release Date April 20th! Place your orders now!"
Then, both pages said at the bottom "Available June 20th", which threw me off even more.

So I figured they weren't out yet. No year was specified.