Which unfinished fight would you most want to see the end of

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Which unfinished fight would you most want to see the end of

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:00 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote: Which fight?
Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:I personally wouldn't want the first Gokū vs. Vegeta fight to be concluded, because then Vegeta would be killed.
Goku100xKamehameha wrote: I think Goku would never kill Vegeta.
No, but Krillin was about to.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Properly finished Tenkaichi Budoukai's in DragonBall Z.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:42 pm

It surprises me that Vegeta and Piccolo never fought. That would be a sight to see.
I know that Yamcha lost the first fight but a rematch between him and Ten would be nice (if Yamcha has prep time, of course).

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:51 am

Savage68 wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:I would have liked to have seen the conclusion of Piccolo and #17's fight. It would be nice to see Piccolo trying to work his way around the whole "17-not-losing-any-energy" situation.
He'd use the Gekiretsu Kodan and win?
There would be reasons for him not using it. It was a last-ditch technique, which is why he only used it against Cell when he was trying to absorb the Androids. There's the chance that #17 could dodge the attack, or the chance that it may not destroy him, which would only end up exhausting Piccolo's already waning energy and make him live bait to #17, who has infinite energy and an energy shield (which he proved was capable to guarding against attacks with the Hellzone Grenade). Yes, it was the same case with Cell (the chance that it may not destroy him, I mean, not the infinite energy), but that was when it was all or nothing, and he only had one objective in mind: killing Cell and stopping him for absorbing #17 & #18. Piccolo still had somewhat of a chance of defeating #17, since he was even with him.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Psionic Dragon

Post by Psionic Dragon » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:57 pm

It's good to know I'm not the only one who wants to see the Piccolo and #17 fight have a conclusion. I would want to see that fight reach a conclusion because I want to see both Piccolo and #17 use even more creative attacks. I mean those two were doing some pretty inventive things in that fight, especially Piccolo.
I'll come up with something clever. Just not now.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Goku vs Mecha Freeza. I mean, we know it happens, and we know that Goku wins, but we never actually get to see it. It also seems much more appropriate than Trunks killing him.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Travis Touchdown wrote:IE transforming into an oozaru when he knows Goku can't.
I don't understand why this is honestly considered cheating. When Goku fought Cell Goku couldn't regenerate and Cell could. Cell only beat Goku because of his regeneration, yet I haven't seen anyone say that Cell regenerating was cheating.

Edit: Just so you know I do realize that Cell even supressed was stronger then Goku, but I don't think he would would have survived the warp kamehameha if he couldn't regenerate.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:32 pm

I suppose Gohan and Cell's fight was unfinished due to Vegeta.
We never got to see Super Perfect Cell vs. SSJ2 Gohan in their prime.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:51 am

Vegeta vs Piccolo right after returning to Earth from Namek.
Goku vs Cell if Goku wasn't counting on Gohan to win it.
Goku vs Fat Buu. Just to see them both try their hardest.
Goku vs Piccolo at the end of Dead Zone.

I don't care for the popular fights like Goku vs Vegeta. It was obvious who would win if Buu wasn't an issue.
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:25 pm

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:I don't care for the popular fights like Goku vs Vegeta. It was obvious who would win if Buu wasn't an issue.
Really? The two were dead even in their Super Saiyan 2 forms, and remember Goku didn't want to turn SSJ3 because of the limitations and whatnot.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:19 pm

What really pissed me off the most was Goku and Ledgic to meet again and lot of build up in GT about things and ideas to be tossed away right after.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:19 am

It pissed me off that Goku was braindead enough to not go ssj3, knock Vegeta out (like Vegeta did to him), kill Babidi, job well done, go home. It's obvious he could hold the form long enough to defeat Vegeta without taking any damage.
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:There would be reasons for him not using it. It was a last-ditch technique, which is why he only used it against Cell when he was trying to absorb the Androids. There's the chance that #17 could dodge the attack, or the chance that it may not destroy him, which would only end up exhausting Piccolo's already waning energy and make him live bait to #17, who has infinite energy and an energy shield (which he proved was capable to guarding against attacks with the Hellzone Grenade). Yes, it was the same case with Cell (the chance that it may not destroy him, I mean, not the infinite energy), but that was when it was all or nothing, and he only had one objective in mind: killing Cell and stopping him for absorbing #17 & #18. Piccolo still had somewhat of a chance of defeating #17, since he was even with him.
If Piccolo was about to lose, he'd do whatever it takes to prevent it. An imminent loss is worthy of using a last-ditch technique, a desperation move, or whatever else it's to be called. Yeah, #17 could've dodged it. But then again, Cell could've dodged it, as well. Yeah, it may not have killed #17...but it may not have killed Cell, either (which was already touched upon, obviously). You can say that for practically any ki blast used in the series. I'm pretty sure #17's "Look at me, I shielded myself from multiple generic ki blasts with mah barrier" wouldn't serve to dissuade Piccolo from trying out his strongest attack. If push came to shove.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:52 pm

Android 16 VS Imperfect Cell.

I would like to see if #16 would be able to kill Cell if he hadn`t absorbed #17.

Hoppey

Post by Hoppey » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:54 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Vegeta vs. Piccolo

There were several times this fight could've started as there was so much tension between the two.
I agree with you I'm surprised that this fight never happened in either the canon series or at least one of the movies considering all the resentment Piccolo feels toward Vegeta I would have loved to see him as a " Super Namek" utterly destroy SSJ Vegeta during the androids arc.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Travis Touchdown wrote:
Rory wrote:Goku had his legs broken, and he used the last (tiny) bit of Energy shooting Vegeta in the eye. Goku was done.
I suppose technically, it was unfinished, but "technically" would have just been Vegeta putting a Fatality on Goku, as nothing else was left to be done.
He beat Goku. He didn't kill him sure, but he owned the hell out of him. That fight was over to me as soon as Vegeta was standing over Goku, mocking his mangled body.
If that isn't winning, I dunno what is.
Vegeta considers his first fight with Goku a loss, more or less.

What we know is Goku used everything he had in his Kaio-ken x3 and x4 to the point to where he was so sore, he couldn't move. Vegeta didn't know that though. Vegeta saw a man out match him in physical combat and ki mainpulation, to where the only way he could win was by cheating; IE transforming into an oozaru when he knows Goku can't.
Vegeta turning Oozaru is in no way shape or form cheating. If using a technique that your opponent can not is cheating then by those standards Goku using Kaio-ken on Vegeta is also cheating. And Piccolo using Makankosappo on Raditz was cheating, and so on and so forth.

Having a special technique and using it to your advantage to win is what DB is all about. Training, learning new techniques, and putting them to use.

Vegeta did not lose to Goku, he "lost" because of outside interference. Had the fight continued, Oozaru or not, Goku was done for. The Kaio-Ken had destroyed his body, and Vegeta was still standing, still fighting, Goku was wrecked. It is most likely that even without Oozaru, Vegeta would have been able to out last Goku based solely on their base power levels, with Vegeta's being more than double that of Goku's.

Anyway, back on topic. I would have liked to see a conclusion to the Majin Vegeta/Goku fight also.

It's a hard one to guess, if you take out the SSJ3 factor. Goku himself even says they are dead even. Vegeta might actually have the advantage due to the Majin charm adding insane durability to ones body.

I like how people are like "Oh, the Majin charm! That shit's cheating!"

Yet Goku using the Super Holy Water in DB is fine, Gohan and Krillin getting Saichiro's power up is ok, and Gohan getting the Kaio's power up is AWESOME.

It just like in pro wrestling. IE: Bad guy uses a chair to beat down the good guy. Crowd boos, commentators go on about how this is horrible how he has to cheat to win and use a foreign object. Yet a good guy will use a weapon on a bad guy, the crowd cheers and the commentators go on about how this is fair and the bad guy got what he deserved and so on.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:04 pm

rereboy wrote:Android 16 VS Imperfect Cell.

I would like to see if #16 would be able to kill Cell if he hadn`t absorbed #17.
C16's Hell's Flash didn't even scratch Cell, so I doubt that it would go down smoothly at the least.
But then again, I doubt that Cell's Kamehameha would scratch C16 either since they were even in terms of power.
Thinking of it, the fight would probably become a real slug fest, and it would be enjoyable indeed to see.
Toriyama could have let them fight some more, I mean, Cell's damage would still heal as he transformed.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:It pissed me off that Goku was braindead enough to not go ssj3, knock Vegeta out (like Vegeta did to him), kill Babidi, job well done, go home. It's obvious he could hold the form long enough to defeat Vegeta without taking any damage.
I wonder if Toriyama had even decided to use SSJ3 yet?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:39 am

I doubt it. Super Saiyan 3 seemed to be something that was totally spur-of-the-moment.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:26 am

Goku is a Saiya-jin. He wanted to fight Vegeta, and knows how rude it is to deny someone a good fight.
And I bet he was curious which one of them would win. Well, until shit became real bad.