"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by batistabus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:30 pm

I'm not only dissapointed when characters only have alternate colors, I'm angered by it. It's just such a lazy alternative. I can't believe one of those websites tried to market a preorder by offering you extra alternate colors. Who gives a crap? Alternate costumes are so fun and it's those "little" things that make the game seem polished. And I'm not talking about Freeza arc Goku's gi vs. his Buu arc gi, I mean his Flintstone shirt or Piccolo's Postboy outfit or Vegeta's Badman outfit (as mentioned before). Even if a character doesn't have anything else they wear, just throw a suit or something funny on them. Anything to prevent that awful orange-looking Buu with the purple pants. I don't know, I'm probably a minority in this, but they just add so much to a game for me.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Like when Goten's alternate costume was the one he only wore in that one filler episode. :D

That was awesome. I think that was in Budokai 2/3.

And playing as SSJ3 Goku in Yardrat clothing? That's fun.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:49 pm

batistabus wrote:I'm not only dissapointed when characters only have alternate colors, I'm angered by it. It's just such a lazy alternative. I can't believe one of those websites tried to market a preorder by offering you extra alternate colors. Who gives a crap? Alternate costumes are so fun and it's those "little" things that make the game seem polished. And I'm not talking about Freeza arc Goku's gi vs. his Buu arc gi, I mean his Flintstone shirt or Piccolo's Postboy outfit or Vegeta's Badman outfit (as mentioned before). Even if a character doesn't have anything else they wear, just throw a suit or something funny on them. Anything to prevent that awful orange-looking Buu with the purple pants. I don't know, I'm probably a minority in this, but they just add so much to a game for me.
I disagree because a good amount of the alternate colors were manga colors. I'd much rather play first form Freeza with his manga colors(I actually don't think that has happened yet) than play as Freeza wearing a sombrero.
Ok, that would cool too.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:05 pm

The most interesting combination would be SSJ Kid Gohan in his Raditz era clothing. Or better yet, just a playable SSJ Kid Gohan.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:21 pm

batistabus wrote:I'm not only dissapointed when characters only have alternate colors, I'm angered by it. It's just such a lazy alternative. I can't believe one of those websites tried to market a preorder by offering you extra alternate colors. Who gives a crap? Alternate costumes are so fun and it's those "little" things that make the game seem polished. And I'm not talking about Freeza arc Goku's gi vs. his Buu arc gi, I mean his Flintstone shirt or Piccolo's Postboy outfit or Vegeta's Badman outfit (as mentioned before). Even if a character doesn't have anything else they wear, just throw a suit or something funny on them. Anything to prevent that awful orange-looking Buu with the purple pants. I don't know, I'm probably a minority in this, but they just add so much to a game for me.
I'm all for alternate outfits, but I can understand having palette swaps for character that just don't have them. You mentioned orange Buu. That palette swap didn't bug me on Kid Buu, but I 100% agree that Mr. Buu should not have had that ugly palette swap. He has a perfect alternate look:

I really don't think you're alone on wanting more alternate outfits. I actually get a bit pissed off when the games go the palette swap route for characters who have tons of potential alts, like Tenshinhan.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:42 am

I'm really surprised they haven't including Future Trunks (Post ROSAT) with his jacket from Movie 8 and 9. That always seemed like an obvious choice for an alternate costume but instead they give us a lousy colour swap.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:53 am

Eddie wrote:I really don't think you're alone on wanting more alternate outfits. I actually get a bit pissed off when the games go the palette swap route for characters who have tons of potential alts, like Tenshinhan.
I agree with you 120%. Pallet swaps are completely undesired unless there is no alternative.

I can understand if it is a villain who doesn't wear clothes, or someone who never changes their clothes (like Raditz). But even main character like Vegeta, Kuririn, Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Future Trunks got gypped. Freeza could even have a minor pallet swap while losing his battle jacket in his first form. Majin and SS3 Vegeta could have gained the Cell Saga battle jacket at the very least. How did Trunks not have his tanktop that has been in almost every other game? Kuririn not having Buu attire? Yamcha and Ten aren't too bad, but there are others they could add.

All these characters got the shaft in Raging Blast IMO:
Son Gohan (Kid, Preteen, Teen), Son Goten, Vegeta (Normal, Majin, SS3), Trunks (Kid, Future Sword, Future Fighting), Kuririn, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Freeza (Budokai 1 had him without a battle jacket damnit!), Jinzoningen 17, Jinzoningen 18 (I don't really remember what she had), Gogeta (Kinda, a non SS pallet swap would have been nice)

And while they may get fixed in RB2, I have a feeling most will be left with pallet swaps still, as well as these new comers:
Nail, Future Gohan, Paikuhan, Lord Slug as well as Ultimate Gohan and Mr. Satan if included.

At least we can assume that Future Trunks (Fighting Teen -.-;) will gain his PtEtSS costume since it has been featured in the art. Which means we'll have a short hair Super Saiyan grade 3 Trunks... if they put it in, which they should. A costume in the animation they are putting on their disc should never be omitted, but this is Spike after all.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:05 am

Can someone post the full-size version of this image from the site?

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:09 am

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:11 am

Thanks very much :)

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:25 am

At the very least they could release a fuckton of extra costumes as free DLC. I say free, because costumes would be a very stupid thing to have to pay for, unless they were really cheap.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:18 am

Zephyr wrote:At the very least they could release a fuckton of extra costumes as free DLC. I say free, because costumes would be a very stupid thing to have to pay for, unless they were really cheap.
Why would they release them for free? It cost money to make costumes, and nobody is going to decide to buy the game because of free costume downloads.
­

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:25 am

Rory wrote:
Big Momma wrote:I can see Ultimate Gohan as a transformation...just one that you can't change back from. Then, when you trigger it, a small cutscene shows Grand Kai dancing around you giving you the power-up. Heck, maybe throw in a short buttons mini-game where the opposing character can try to interrupt it.
Spike don't usually go that in-detail, the mini-games and button mashing segments are usually left to Dimps (though there have been beam clashes and those weird 'disappear/re-appear' moments in story segments lately).
And thank god it's that way. The thought of Tenkaichi 3 with Dragon Rush just makes me cringe.

Rad Raddish
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rad Raddish » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 am

Attitudefan wrote:People always talk about the saiyans. I would love to see something new with Tenshinhan. Out of everybody in the series he probably had the most fighting techniques. Later in DBZ, most of his moves were stolen by the main characters. I sometimes miss the old dragon ball days where it was about technique and not about who's hair is longer and blonder.
Sounds good to me. How about SSJ Tien?
"Ah ha ha ha! Ah, excuse me, has anyone seen my arm? Ha ha ha ha! You can't miss it, it's green."
-Raditz

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:04 am

Rad Raddish wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:People always talk about the saiyans. I would love to see something new with Tenshinhan. Out of everybody in the series he probably had the most fighting techniques. Later in DBZ, most of his moves were stolen by the main characters. I sometimes miss the old dragon ball days where it was about technique and not about who's hair is longer and blonder.
Sounds good to me. How about SSJ Tenshinhan?
or super pink tenshinhan!
(From Tenshinhan vs Yamcha)
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Rad Raddish
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rad Raddish » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:11 am

Attitudefan wrote:
Rad Raddish wrote:
Sounds good to me. How about SSJ Tenshinhan?
or super pink tenshinhan!
(From Tenshinhan vs Yamcha)
I like it! :lol:
"Ah ha ha ha! Ah, excuse me, has anyone seen my arm? Ha ha ha ha! You can't miss it, it's green."
-Raditz

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:52 am

I'm glad people want different kind of clothings for the characters.

Pray time.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:29 am

Taku128 wrote:Why would they release them for free? It cost money to make costumes, and nobody is going to decide to buy the game because of free costume downloads.
Because paid-for DLC (small things such as costumes) is fucking disgusting. If it's on the disc, that's even worse, don't make us pay for what we should've paid for in the first place.
Yes, I understand (and loathe) the logic behind it, but it's really killing my enthusiasm for gaming as of late. DLC still should be about making people interested in a game. To build upon what is already there, not rack up the price tag in some cheap marketing ploy.
Games cost too much as it is, it really disgusts me that the price is significantly upped when load's of little paid-for DLC packs come out.

Yes, I'm looking at you, Capcom.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:43 am

I've been wanting shirtless Buu (Gohan absorbed) for a long time. And possibly Buu (Piccolo absorbed) as an alternate outfit for Buu (Gotenks absorbed). Another one is Orange Gi with Ma Symbol for Gohan (Kid); amongst many others.

There's some alternate outfits which are so easy, c'mon, Nail with waistcoat? Freaking #16 with CC logo!?

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 am

Well, I say Tenshinhan still got it better than other characters like Yamucha.

I mean, at least Tenshinhan was shown to be able to knock Cell back and deflect a blast from Buu.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D