Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Olympian
Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Olympian » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:48 am

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:I dont understand it. I hate Yamcha so that must mean I hate the entire comic? No logic there, bud. I love the comic. Just not destroying the entire attraction of U9

You have verbalized your disdain of more than just the Yamcha fight. But even still, you are of course free to hate on any character. I don`t personally care much about Vegeta or Gohan, but have at least the common sense to not show it at every turn. You know the old saying, if you don`t have anything good to say, just skip past it. Saying it once is more than enough for the rest of us to get where you stand.

It`s just that the attitude may run other people off of a stage in the comic that they (unlike you) could enjoy.
dbgtFO wrote:@ USSJ Future Trunks
Well at least Tenshinhan and Kulilin are still humans plus
SPOILER!!!!!: According to the novelization they know about Videl(who is also there at the tournament), Yamcha has a son with Bulma called Trunks(and he is not happy about Bulma supposedly having children with a Saiyan) who is also there at the tournament, Kulilin is a lot weaker than Coola, and Tenshinhan is supposedly weaker than King Cold
So in this Universe Yamcha is factually the strongest of all of them?

Wouldn`t that disturb the flux of the multiverse, or something? :twisted:
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:32 am

Olympian wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:@ USSJ Future Trunks
Well at least Tenshinhan and Kulilin are still humans plus
SPOILER!!!!!: According to the novelization they know about Videl(who is also there at the tournament), Yamcha has a son with Bulma called Trunks(and he is not happy about Bulma supposedly having children with a Saiyan) who is also there at the tournament, Kulilin is a lot weaker than Coola, and Tenshinhan is supposedly weaker than King Cold
So in this Universe Yamcha is factually the strongest of all of them?

Wouldn`t that disturb the flux of the multiverse, or something? :twisted:
Well Yamcha is pretty confident about wanting to face King Cold, but Tenshinhan thinks he might be stronger than Yamcha, even though he considers himself to be below King Cold in brute strength alone(believing he can only win through trickery). So it has not been revealed yet, which one of them is stronger.

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:45 am

What the flying fuck? I cannot express my disgust :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x
Tien better be fucking right about him being at least equal.
You have verbalized your disdain of more than just the Yamcha fight
What? Broly maybe but what else? I guess Vegetto being an ass and Zen Buu randomly quitting...
It`s just that the attitude may run other people off of a stage in the comic that they (unlike you) could enjoy.
I do enjoy it. And I seem to remember just about everyone whining at every single turn when Broly was a main threat. But now that you all like yamcha, no one else can be negative? I can't be like Rocketman and rant on every page just because it's not Broly i'm fuming about? And i've made it clear I LOVE the comic. Just not the few pages with 17/Yamcha in it and most of the now-probably-destroyed-beyond-repair U9. I for one will be VERY positive about this next special chapter.
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:47 am

Well Yamcha is pretty confident about wanting to face King Cold, but Tenshinhan thinks he might be stronger than Yamcha, even though he considers himself to be below King Cold in brute strength alone(believing he can only win through trickery). So it has not been revealed yet, which one of them is stronger.[/quote]

This may be worth all the bad luck he has gone through in the original work, "hey, i am stronger than both of you in another universe, lolz!"

:mrgreen:it would be awesome.
Ussj Future Trunks wrote:What? Broly maybe but what else? I guess Vegetto being an ass and Zen Buu randomly quitting...
Yeah...
Ussj Future Trunks wrote:I do enjoy it. And I seem to remember just about everyone whining at every single turn when Broly was a main threat. But now that you all like yamcha, no one else can be negative? I can't be like Rocketman and rant on every page just because it's not Broly i'm fuming about? And i've made it clear I LOVE the comic. Just not the few pages with 17/Yamcha in it and most of the now-probably-destroyed-beyond-repair U9. I for one will be VERY positive about this next special chapter.
What is worth to you here is worth to Rocketman as well. It`s exactly that point, too much ranting gets old. You should be free to comment about what you dislike, but let`s not overdo it. Now, let`s bring some good commentary, we need a balance in the force. I for one can`t wait to see Tenshinhan in action and whether he aged like Kuririn. I also wonder if we are going to see Yamcha`s son in action, the U9 Trunks.

And of course more about the U9 humans as possible, so far this universe got the best plot potential.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Kiyza wrote:
rereboy wrote:Kat wasn`t a mary sue character.
As someone who leafs through a lot of bad fanfiction, I can assure you, Kat was indeed a Mary Sue. Probably one intended to portray a self-insert at that.
Kat was obviously just a tribute to Ran Fan or whatever her name was in Dragon Ball (trying to win with sex).

I don`t really see any special atributes that Kat had that would make her a mary sue.

EDIT: I noticed just now that this has already been mentioned.

gotensottile
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotensottile » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:51 pm

A Neko Majin/Dr. Slump universe.
DBM, I love you.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:05 pm

I'd love it more if that fighter wasn't so ridonkulously ridiculous.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:15 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:I'd love it more if that fighter wasn't so ridonkulously ridiculous.
The fact that they are making her so "ridonkulously ridiculous" is telling us much already. She will probably fail big time and lose.

(And I`m saying this without knowing the actual outcome.)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:16 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:I'd love it more if that fighter wasn't so ridonkulously ridiculous.
That's Mary Sue's entire point though. If she wasn't so "ridonkulously ridiculous" she wouldn't be Mary Sue.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Is there anybody who saves all of the English pages of this on their hard drive who would be so kind as to put them all in a big zip file and throw 'em onto a megaupload link or something?

Toyble's DBAF too, if there'd be such a kind soul. :mrgreen:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:09 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:Is there anybody who saves all of the English pages of this on their hard drive who would be so kind as to put them all in a big zip file and throw 'em onto a megaupload link or something?

Dragon Ball Multiverse. Dragon Ball AF.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Cool, thanks. I guess I should start saving the pages as they come out now.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:06 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
nathantheguitarist wrote:Is there anybody who saves all of the English pages of this on their hard drive who would be so kind as to put them all in a big zip file and throw 'em onto a megaupload link or something?

You are awesome.

Thank you kindly, good sir! 8)
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:25 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:

You are awesome.

Thank you kindly, good sir! 8)
Ah well, it wasn't too hard considering how religiously I save them all to m' external.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:32 am

Ah the Dragon Quest/Warrior Universe got a cameo. For those who do not know, Mr. Toriyama does the art/designs for that series. It's what he's famous for in Japan besides the DB series.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Rather uneventful...
She/Her
bisexual milf

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:10 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Rather uneventful...
Uneventful, sure.

But pure win all the same. :lol:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:11 pm

I was hoping to get the fight over with before the special, but whatever she is still gonna get one shotted by Arale anyways.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Not to mention rather badly translated.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Kaboom wrote:
Not to mention rather badly translated.
I can't check the French, but I checked the Spanish version and it was worded nearly identically. So either both are badly translated or it is just an all-around weird page in French too.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."