The Ocean Dub Official Fansite UKdb

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: The Ocean Dub Official Fansite UKdb

Post by Greenman » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:56 pm

linkdude20002001 wrote:Who is Ken Morrison? To legally upload episodes, you'd have to have permission from, number one, Toei Animation, and number two, Ocean Productions.
From a Google search, Ken Morrison seems to be the head of Ocean. Even if he could grant permission by himself to upload episodes I doubt he would.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:32 pm

I would recommend streaming over available for download if possible. A more gray area of legality, methinks.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:39 pm

I agree that streaming seems "less illegal". ...Though, it technically is just as illegal.
Greenman wrote:From a Google search, Ken Morrison seems to be the head of Ocean. Even if he could grant permission by himself to upload episodes I doubt he would.
Even if the head of Ocean Productions said "Sure. Okay.", I sinseirly doubt Ocean Productions has the rights to distribute the show via internet or DVDs. And now that I think about it, Ocean Productions isn't even the company who lisenced Dragon Ball Kai; Ocean Productions was just hired to dub it.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:03 am

I noticed you had an update about Ultimate Muscle returning to the UK, you should report Batman Beyond [Batman of the Future in the UK] getting reshown on KiX! since it was usually the show after DBZ, until Gundam Wing appeared, I believe.

EDIT: No wait, they're both on KiX!'s line up now. Ultimate Muscle is playing at the moment, Batman of the Future will be playing at 4:00 PM.

dbzforeverUK
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dbzforeverUK » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 am

UKdb is now back as ukdb.net.

dbzforeverUK
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dbzforeverUK » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:07 am

UKdb is now back as ukdb.net.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:42 am

The UKdb forum is back up. We'll be keeping up to date with the Ocean Dub of Kai (mainly because it could get released in the UK). But all other news from around the world will be posted! :)

http://www.forum.ukdb.net/index.php

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Ignoring the whole uploading debate, I just thought I'd say that the "Dragon Font" should never be used on anything, and this site falls into the enormous fault of using it on everything.

Dragon Font is my number one cue to not take anything a site has to say seriously.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:29 pm

I agree the font does get overused, but I'm pretty sure DBZimran loves the logo. I've done a few of my own, but there not brilliant.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:43 am

So I guess the fandub thing is off? That's a shame as I was perfecting my Ocean Vegeta and Goku... plus my Burter was really awesome! :| Oh well
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:10 am

Have we heard anything about this Ocean Dub since that podcast thing? Once the Nicktoons US run is done, I'm giving up pretty much all hope =/

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:16 am

Paradox295 wrote:Have we heard anything about this Ocean Dub since that podcast thing? Once the Nicktoons US run is done, I'm giving up pretty much all hope =/
Lee Tockar confirmed on Twitter he was voicing Freeza and had completed several episodes already.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:24 am

Yeah, a few bits of information in the last week.

See more here.

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:41 am

JulieYBM wrote:
Paradox295 wrote:Have we heard anything about this Ocean Dub since that podcast thing? Once the Nicktoons US run is done, I'm giving up pretty much all hope =/
Lee Tockar confirmed on Twitter he was voicing Freeza and had completed several episodes already.
Oh wow, this project is actually happening? Color me intrigued.