DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.
User avatar
The S
I Live Here
Posts: 2414
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:54 am
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Contact:

DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by The S » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:05 pm

Came across this at complete random when I went back to the old 4Kids site to see if it had changed since I was last there (which it did, a lot).

They've got this "ranker" for characters pitting two against one another, and tallying votes to see who is most popular (natch, SS Goku and vanilla Goku are at the top). I remember them having something similar to this with TMNT back when 4Kids still had the license, which was cool because it included obscure characters like Abraham Lincoln, 80's Casey Jones (who never showed up in any 4Kids production) and all of the Serling-esque robots.

Anyway, what I thought was interesting about the Kai ranker, is that it uses many... unusual names for a Funimation dub-based product - most of which are actually the Japanese versions, like Kaio, Tenshinhan, and Kamesennin.

http://www.4kids.tv/show/dragon-ball-z- ... er/results

Just thought I'd share since it's a wee bit out of the ordinary.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 17867
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:14 pm

Huh, pretty fun seeing the "Saichoro" and "Saibaiman" in there... "Goku Super" has to be my favorite, though :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::

User avatar
gotensottile
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:22 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by gotensottile » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:16 pm

I dunno EX, Pual has to be my favorite.
Kiwi? Gyumao? Weird.
And yet Frieza and with "i".

User avatar
ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:54 pm
Location: United States

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by ThunderPX » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Blue Popo looks even worse than he does on the show, somehow.
I'm Rosie (she/her 🏳️‍⚧️). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!
Also check out my Super Saiya Densetsu remake project!

User avatar
Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:22 am

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by Taku128 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:10 pm

But King Vegeta isn't even in Kai...
­

User avatar
dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7992
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Taku128 wrote:But King Vegeta isn't even in Kai...
Umm yes he is.
He is to be found(amongst other appearances I think) in episode 45 at least.
Episode 45 is that episode, where Goku uses Kaiokenx20.

User avatar
Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6332
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
Location: Namek

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Wow. "Jiece". They couldn't even spell FUNimation's spelling correctly! At least they didn't misspell "Frieza" as "Freiza". :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

User avatar
Makaioshin
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Kokomo

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:35 pm

Poor Oolong is in last place.

User avatar
Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:22 am

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by Taku128 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:38 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Taku128 wrote:But King Vegeta isn't even in Kai...
Umm yes he is.
He is to be found(amongst other appearances I think) in episode 45 at least.
Episode 45 is that episode, where Goku uses Kaiokenx20.
Oh. I haven't watched Kai that far, but I figured since it's cut to be closer to the manga he wouldn't be in it.
­

User avatar
Zephyr
I Live Here
Posts: 4471
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by Zephyr » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:59 pm

I like how King Cold is there despite not having appeared in the US version of Kai yet. When I saw him I half-expected to see some of the Androids.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:51 am

There's also some pretty neat wallpapers on 4kids' site, if you guys want.

User avatar
DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1230
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Contact:

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:07 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:There's also some pretty neat wallpapers on 4kids' site, if you guys want.
Yep I snagged the wallpaper of Freeza and his henchmen.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

User avatar
ShadowDude112
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by ShadowDude112 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:59 am

I grabbed the one of Goku and Vegeta fighting. It's the last one. It looks totally awesome. I hope to see more. It gives me a good reason to go on 4Kids' website.
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

User avatar
The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 3456
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 1:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:38 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Wow. "Jiece". They couldn't even spell FUNimation's spelling correctly!
That actually looks waaaaay more accurate than "Jeice"...

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:12 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Wow. "Jiece". They couldn't even spell FUNimation's spelling correctly!
That actually looks waaaaay more accurate than "Jeice"...
Especially since FUNimation pronounces it "Jayce". :?

User avatar
Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6332
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
Location: Namek

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:40 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Wow. "Jiece". They couldn't even spell FUNimation's spelling correctly!
That actually looks waaaaay more accurate than "Jeice"...
Actually thinking now, you're right if it'd be pronounced like "Jiis". I actually originally read it as "Jii-ehs", so I can see your point.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

User avatar
Great Saiyaman I
Regular
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:05 am

Gotta wonder why Shenlong is that high up. Especially why he's higher than the stronger reincarnation of the guy who blew him up two arcs ago.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

User avatar
Innagadadavida
I Live Here
Posts: 3480
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Arkansas, USA

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:26 am

I gotta wonder how kids even know what Shenron is. They edited him out of the opening and he rarely appears in the show. :lol:

User avatar
Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by Ahiru77 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:06 am

Zephyr wrote:I like how King Cold is there despite not having appeared in the US version of Kai yet. When I saw him I half-expected to see some of the Androids.
Maybe the kids like his name.....orrr....some fans can't seem to keep away from 4kids. I get it though, it's DBZ. :mrgreen:

Anyway, go supah Goku. :roll:

User avatar
MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 614
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon area

Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"

Post by MetaMoss » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:25 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Huh, pretty fun seeing the "Saichoro" and "Saibaiman" in there... "Goku Super" has to be my favorite, though :P.
"Vegeta Kid", "Tenshinhan" (thumbs up for them on that one)
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

Post Reply