Have you ever had a Dragonball dream.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Have you ever had a Dragonball dream.

Post by Perfect » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:54 pm

Shnuki wrote:I had a few dreams about Dragon Ball, but there's only one that I remember. In that dream, Cell was hunting for humans and well, absorbing them. And for some reason he lived in my house with me and he said that he'll absorb me as well if I'll try do something that will make him angry or try to stop him.

I was 7 or 8 years old back then and it was the first time that Cell saga was aired in TV... Cell was scary back then :D
Tell me about it, I had one where I was hiding a trash can where everything was on fire, but Piccolo saved me.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:43 pm

I had one where I knew how to shoot ki and then mastered my skills through studying the show. I also had a dream where I was chosen to make a Dragonball movie reboot; I won a Grammy for it. :lol:
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:16 am

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:18 am

I had a fucking awesome and kinda creepy dream where Freeza goes on a manhunt across the country for me. It ended with him impaled on a cave stalagmite after cutting off my leg. Creepy, but awesome.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:59 am

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for Dragonball fandom in the history of our forums.

Two years ago, a great American company, in whose symbolic shadow American fandom stands today, started to release the Dragon Box. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of crappy dub slaves who had been seared in the flames of translation injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity behind a sub par release.

But two years later, the American Dragonball fan still is not free. Two years later, the life of the American fan is still sadly crippled by the absence of the Dragon Box which contains the beginning of Dragonball and the chains of discrimination via absence of specific extra material. Two years later, the American fan lives on a lonely island of electronic media poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of dub prosperity. Two years later, the American fan is still languished in the corners of Anime society and finds himself an exile in his own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we've come to our nation's DVD stores to buy a boxset with a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all fans, yes, Dragonball fans as well as Naruto fans, would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." It is obvious today that America's Anime releasing companies has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as their customers of retro are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, American companies has given the Dragonball fans a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient interest."

But we refuse to believe that the bank of Anime justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of the American companies. And so, we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of Japanese Dragonball releases and the security of fandom.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind the anime society of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of fandom. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of anime fandom justice. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of fandom injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's anime loving children.

It would be fatal for the anime society to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the Dragonball fan's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Two-thousand-eleven is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the Dragonball fans needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the American anime releasing companies returns to business as usual. And there will be neither rest nor tranquility in America's Otaku Groups until the Dragonball fan is granted his DVD rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by importing DVDs or if we have no other choice, download them via the Internet. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force.

The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Dragonball community must not lead us to a distrust of all Naruto fans, for many of our Ninja loving brothers, as evidenced by their presence here on the Internet today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.

We cannot turn back.

There are those who are asking the devotees of Anime rights, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as the Dragonball fan is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of pseudo widescreen/cropping brutality. We can never be satisfied as long as our eyes, heavy with the fatigue of watching disappearing lines, cannot gain rest in our sleep nor by drenching them with saline. We cannot be satisfied as long as the Dragonball fan's basic choices is from a crappy DBZ movie 1 release to one only slightly less crappy one. We can never be satisfied as long as our children are stripped of their self-hood and robbed of their dignity by signs stating: "For VHS Only." We cannot be satisfied as long as a Dragonball fan in a small village can't find any DVDs to buy and a Dragonball fan in a big city believes he has nothing worthwhile of a release of the early Dragonball to buy. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until "justice rolls down like waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream."

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow shipment areas. And some of you have come from areas where your quest -- quest for Dragonball release freedom left you battered by the storms of sub par dubs and staggered by the winds of aspect ratio brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive.

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all fans are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the green meadows of America, the sons of former Dragonball fans and the sons of former Naruto fans will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the country of America, a state sweltering with the heat of anime injustice, sweltering with the heat of Dragonball fan oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my fellow forum members will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the choice of which anime they worship but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

That's all I can say to you about my Dragonball dream, folks!

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:43 pm

I know that I've had Dragon Ball dreams in the past, though I can't recall any specific ones (the most memorable anime dream I've had was one that I had when I was 14; it was a Sailor Moon dream, and it was awesome, one of the most vivid dreams I've ever had, and it was actually a fairly complete story, rather than snippets of random events with no connection to each other like most dreams I have).

Related to Drabonball, though, I recently had a dream involving Daizenshuu EX. I was reading the Daizenshuu EX Twitter page (first time Twitter's shown up in a dream for me), and Mike had posted something like, "I'm back into DDR again!" Soon after, I walked into a room where there was a TV with a DDR mat set up in front of it. Suddenly, from another doorway across the room, Mike himself came flying into the room, jumping the entire length of the room and landing on the DDR mat. He turned to me and asked me how old I was, I told him 27, and then he reached into his pocket and gave me some Sailor Moon stickers. I had the reaction of any normal 27 year old woman receiving children's stickers : I began bouncing around the room in utter delight :lol: And that's where that random dream segment ended. Funnily enough, I ended up going to an arcade the next day, and I just had to play some DDR :P

Please, tell me I'm not the only one who's had dreams relating to this website/forum ^_^;;
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:56 pm

I once dreamt I woke up to find Dragonball season 5 at the end of my bed. Then I woke up. :evil:

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:47 am

After I got DBZ Season 1 I dreamt about seeing season 2 in a store, only it was Green and had Piccolo on it.

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:33 am

I had one! I fought Mr. Satan and he turned into the real Satan and then I woke up.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
No.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:19 pm

I've had several Dragonball dreams, and a bunch of non-Dragonball dreams where I could fly and use Shunkan Idō. One time I dreamt that I was Vegetto and was married to Buruma.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Vegeta1056 wrote:I had a dream were someone beat one of my best friends up. I turned into a Super Saiyan, and well... I... KICKED HIS ASS! :twisted:
I'd be afraid to be your friend. :shock:

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Raithos wrote:I dreamt I had a solid collection of DB toys while watching DB in my room on big screen tv.
I sadly have not acquired a tv in my room, but my laptop suffices for now. As for the collection part its in progress. One day I will have it though, My collection staring back at me, A bag of chips on the table, and DB on the TV. I can't wait.
metamoss wrote:I have several over the years, but mainly related to the characters. Like I was dreaming that me and my family were watching the Trunks saga, and then my dad switched places with King Cold. So King Cold was sitting on our couch saying "yo".
sailorspazz wrote:I know that I've had Dragon Ball dreams in the past, though I can't recall any specific ones (the most memorable anime dream I've had was one that I had when I was 14; it was a Sailor Moon dream, and it was awesome, one of the most vivid dreams I've ever had, and it was actually a fairly complete story, rather than snippets of random events with no connection to each other like most dreams I have).

Related to Drabonball, though, I recently had a dream involving Daizenshuu EX. I was reading the Daizenshuu EX Twitter page (first time Twitter's shown up in a dream for me), and Mike had posted something like, "I'm back into DDR again!" Soon after, I walked into a room where there was a TV with a DDR mat set up in front of it. Suddenly, from another doorway across the room, Mike himself came flying into the room, jumping the entire length of the room and landing on the DDR mat. He turned to me and asked me how old I was, I told him 27, and then he reached into his pocket and gave me some Sailor Moon stickers. I had the reaction of any normal 27 year old woman receiving children's stickers : I began bouncing around the room in utter delight :lol: And that's where that random dream segment ended. Funnily enough, I ended up going to an arcade the next day, and I just had to play some DDR :P

Please, tell me I'm not the only one who's had dreams relating to this website/forum ^_^;;
Great Saiyaman I wrote:I had one! I fought Mr. Satan and he turned into the real Satan and then I woke up.
Wow, these are fantastic posts. Please keep them coming guys.
[quote="temujin"]Krillin,the guy is just a ridiculous midget without nose.Seriously, he looks like some kind of bizarre monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krillin's head is also pretty big like a balloon. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote][quote="Thanos"]Eh... it gets kinda old hearing elitists say things like "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN GOKU MET BULMA"[/quote]

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:17 am

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Y. E. S.

One of the first developed its own cast of OCs, so there's been this tendency for the OCs and the canon characters to be off in two places. Kind of annoying when I try to present them for an audience.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Choice195
Banned

Post by Choice195 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:40 am

I had a dream that I was banging all the DBZ girls. 8)

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:39 am

I had a dream and I was Vegeta kicking Nappa in the balls as he was useless! For some odd reason I had Kuririn kick his ass^O^
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:10 am

I dreamt the other night I was Playing Ultimate Butoden.
Choice195 wrote:I had a dream that I was banging all the DBZ girls. 8)
Even Baba? :shock:

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Last night, I had a dream about watching episode 20 of TFS and I heard the "Booo!!" sound. :P

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:55 pm

We have a winner folks, best poster currently on Daizenshuu EX.

I once dreamt that I was watching a better anime than DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho. Actually come to think of it, I have dreams like these frequently...
[quote="temujin"]Krillin,the guy is just a ridiculous midget without nose.Seriously, he looks like some kind of bizarre monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krillin's head is also pretty big like a balloon. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote][quote="Thanos"]Eh... it gets kinda old hearing elitists say things like "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN GOKU MET BULMA"[/quote]

Choice195
Banned

Post by Choice195 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:27 pm

ringworm128 wrote:I dreamt the other night I was Playing Ultimate Butoden.
Even Baba? :shock:
I was about too, But I woke up at the sound of my 3 - year old cousin. :lol:

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Actually, I kinda had one related to Daizex. I was in a bar, and I met a guy, who had the voice of Julian, which I heard on the podcast. Then I woke up and saw the Freeza figure (who had been on my shelf) had moved halfway across the room while I was sleeping and every time I looked away he came closer and closer until he jumped me! Then I woke up again.

I'm a pretty spastic dreamer.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
No.