English Dragonball Opening/Closing

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MajinMetroid
Not-So-Newbie

English Dragonball Opening/Closing

Post by MajinMetroid » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:41 pm

Does anyone know if the English versions of Makafushigi Adobenchâ! and Romantikku Ageru yo have been released on CD or anywhere else?

I just started watching some of the english Dragonball episodes and I'm surprised at how much I like these renditions, especially Romantikku Ageru yo. What a voice. Is it weird to have a crush on a girl just based on their voice? Haha, j/k.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:11 am

No they havent been released. Your best bet would be to capture it from a dvd somehow. As for the themesong, I know its one of the FUNI VAs, I just cant remember who.

MajinMetroid
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinMetroid » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:29 pm

I thought that's what it might come down to.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:29 pm

I believe it's sung by the girl who plays chibi Trunks. And yeah, I really like it. I'm not mad keen on Mystical Adventure, but I think (he said quietly) that I might actually prefer the English version of I'll Give You Romance to the original. It makes me think that while an English/FUNi version of Cha La might have been a bit "meh", they would have probably done a good job with We Were Angels. Pity.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:32 am

PsyLiam wrote:I believe it's sung by the girl who plays chibi Trunks. And yeah, I really like it. I'm not mad keen on Mystical Adventure, but I think (he said quietly) that I might actually prefer the English version of I'll Give You Romance to the original. It makes me think that while an English/FUNi version of Cha La might have been a bit "meh", they would have probably done a good job with We Were Angels. Pity.
HOLY SHIT! HE LIVES!!! o.o

Sorry bout that... But it's been almost a year since Liam's said anything...

And yeah, I'm pretty impressed with Funi's dub themes... Kinda makes me wish they dubbed the Z and GT opeings...

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:16 pm

SaiyamanMS wrote:
Sorry bout that... But it's been almost a year since Liam's said anything...
Exactly 10 months and 8 days to be exact :P .
I also go by "veemonjosh".