Mutaito - Title or Name?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Mutaito - Title or Name?

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Olivier Hague wrote:
Herms wrote:Well, at least it's still better than "Master Roshi".
Sure is. I don't think I'll ever get used to that one.
Doesn't "Master Roshi" basically have "master" in it twice?

Also, I think Viz have, on occasion(s), referred to him as "Master Muten-Roshi".
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Doesn't "Master Roshi" basically have "master" in it twice?
Yup. "Master Master".

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Olivier Hague wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:Doesn't "Master Roshi" basically have "master" in it twice?
Yup. "Master Master".
Yeah, I think FUNimation thought that "Roshi" was his actual name, rather than just being part of his title.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.