Have you ever had a Dragonball dream.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Have you ever had a Dragonball dream.

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:00 pm

I've had two dreams recently. The first one, I was on Daizex and, for some reason, I was competing for points with someone. :?

The second one was about three pre-Z Dragon Ball fighting games. The title screens for all three were the same, with the same image of Goku on the screen (it was like the one on that chapter title page where Goku's standing on the car with his arms folded). On the third one, I think it was supposed to be set around the 23rd Tenka'ichi Budokai, because it had 23rd Budokai Goku as one of the characters (when the previous ones only had kid Goku) and I think Ma Junior was an unlockable character, because next to Goku's slot was a black shadow that looked just like Piccolo.

There were also slots for team characters (two characters in one slot), and one of them was Goten & Trunks, and for some reason, instead of Trunks, it had Majin Vegeta. And there was some muscular guy who didn't want people told about Goku's strength.

Unfortunately, I never got past the character screen to see what the games were like. :(
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Flamingwindjutsu

Post by Flamingwindjutsu » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:20 pm

I had one dream a long time ago where someone had kidnapped my family and I stopped him by going SSJ4. In retrospect, that was probably overkill, but it makes sense since that's always been my favourite SSJ form. Oh, I also had super villains I fought, a brother and sister that were really weird and creepy and could combine into a really big monster that kicked my ass with needle like Ki attacks. It was pretty epic, trust me. Oh, I also punched through the engine of a van. That was pretty sweet.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:50 am

Today, I had this dream where Piccolo Daimao sent a bunch of people, including me, to find all 7 seven DBs. His spawn may've been there, but I can't quite remember. I think I found three DBs.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:27 pm

I took a nap today and dreamt that Piccolo Daimao was staying over at my house for some reason. He was remarkably friendly for who he is. :lol:
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Post by Milton » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:20 am

I've only had one dream related to Dragon Ball, and it was pretty silly.

So, in the dream, I'm younger and with my grandparents riding through a portion of upstate New York near Lake Placid (very oddly specific, I know). We stop at a random dollar store kind of place (maybe like a Family Dollar or something) and as I'm looking around, I spot a shelf full of those large, rectangular bottles of liquid laundry detergent. Thing is though, they all had the cover art for Dragon Ball: Final Bout as the brand label; no text, just that specific picture of Goku and the background. To top it off, the bottles were all colored the exact shade of blue that's in the streak behind Goku.

'Course, after that, all I could think of was what the commercial for such a product would be like. Could you imagine Ryo Horikawa shouting, "FINAL RIIIIIINSE!"

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:05 am

I usually dont remember my dreams,As soon I open my eyes they kinda melt away.But rarely I remmeber some details.I once had a dream were I could use Bukujutsu and could fly.It was fun :D Tough it was kinda hard, because I had to use ki control and I somehow only could do it if I concetrated really hard,after a while I got a headache.

I also had a dream recently where I could use Dabra´s turn-to-stone spit, and I turned my classmates into stone because for some reason I had to.
-凯

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Well, I had this once dream where Bulma allowed me to strip her clothes off :shock: (The dream ended before I got to see anything).

Yeah, that's pretty much it from what I can remember...
Choice195 wrote:I had a dream that I was banging all the DBZ girls. 8)
Two words: Fuck. You. :evil:
Last edited by Son Geeko on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:14 am

Last night I had a dream about me and SSJ4 Goku fighting a giant Polar Bear. I had a shotgun.
It was pretty much the best thing ever.

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:26 pm

I had a dream where Goku was a white guy in high school, Roshi had hair, Piccolo enslaved Oozaru and Kamehameha heals people...

Wait a minute!
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Just last week, the night after watching the episode of Kai where Trunks explains his parentage on Nicktoons, I had a dream that I was writing a fanfic about how Vegeta and Bulma got together (which, occasionally, is true :P). After their initial hookup they went on a romantic vacation to Hawaii together. At that point I was no longer writing the fanfic, I was in Hawaii, and I believe I became Bulma in the dream (sweet....) But, alas, there was no Adults Only content in this dream; it ended shortly after with us lounging on the beach together.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:18 am

I've had a few Dragonball-related dreams.

First one I can remember was back when I was in high school, maybe around 2003-2004. In the dream, the assistant principal of my school was evil and had sharp claws and some sort of breath attack called "Poopoo Breath" (and yes, she actually yelled that out before using it and everything) which smelled so bad it could kill people if they breathed it in too much. Anyway, she was going around blasting her breath at people in the cafeteria, who were running and jumping to get out of the way. Cafeteria tables that got caught in the breath kept getting knocked around or disintegrated. Eventually I started fighting her, mostly doing some punches and dodging, and I managed to knock her back a little. She got pissed off and used "Poopoo Breath" again, but I counterattacked by turning around, bending over, and firing a "Butt Kamehameha" (which was exactly what it sounds like.) There was a short attacks-clashing-against-each-other scene, and then she was overpowered and sent flying backward before disintegrating with the Kamehameha beam surrounding her, like Cell did when Gohan finally killed him.

====

In another dream more recently, I was playing some kind of weird fighting game in an arcade. I was playing as the Supreme Kai and fighting Samus... and kicking her ass. I don't think I got hit once (I remember thinking "of course the Supreme Kai beats Samus, he's stronger than Freeza!" or something along those lines.) During the fight, I found a breakable wall on the right side of the screen and kicked through it without realizing it was breakable, then tried to explore the little cave-type area behind it... but ended up beating Samus before I had gotten too far, so the level ended.

====

And there was another one that I can't remember much of, except that several Dragonball Z characters were wandering around in this small town near where I live. Everything in the dream kind of looked like some sort of RPG-type game, with really detailed map graphics and semi-cartoony characters sort of like Attack of the Saiyans (though I had the dream before I had ever played the game, and the character sprites were bigger than the ones in AotS and animated a lot differently.) Piccolo and Mr. Popo were definitely there, though I can't remember who the other two were (I think Goku may have been one of them, but I'm not 100% sure, and if it was Goku he wasn't wearing anything resembling his usual orange gi.) At some point Piccolo went to my dad's house to change clothes; he had normal human-ish clothes on before, and he changed back into his usual clothes (but thought about changing back to "Demon King Piccolo" clothes for a minute before someone--possibly Goku--told him it probably wasn't a good idea.)

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:06 am

Haha, actually kind of had one last night. I threw a Genki Dama into my kitchen and it expanded and broke a bunch of dishes.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Dbzbabe
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dbzbabe » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:53 am

Had one yesterday, I was Trunks and Goten was practicing holding me up to pretend to be one person to fight in the tournament, just like what the did with mighty mask XD.
Tackle life with as much energy as Goku! I'll try to do the same! - Akira Toriyama

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:26 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Haha, actually kind of had one last night. I threw a Genki Dama into my kitchen and it expanded and broke a bunch of dishes.
The Horror :lol:
-凯

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:42 am

Last night / this morning, only just a little DB-related... XD

So, for some reason my friend and I were plotting to brew some tea without letting anyone know. (Tea. Not pot. :P ), and I kept screwing it up by dropping things.
We kind of run for it as my dad gets involved, and I kinda hide out in this middle bedroom (the house we're in doesn't actually exist, but it's kind of a collage of real ones). In there is this miniature Shenron... maybe a little bigger than a large labrador? Not as tall as me, but still kind of big. It kept drueling everywhere... o_o.
As the dream progressed, the mini shenron kept wandering around the house (and occasionally I found myself trying to avoid getting caught in its druel. o_o ). At one point, I accidentally turn on my sister's CD player, and can't figure out how to turn it off, so I wish to have it turned off... nothing happens. I try using the summoning passwords from the FUNi dub, then the one for Porunga, and just before I wake up, I shout "Ide-o, Shenron!".

But that blasted dragon wouldn't do anything but druel and walk around. -_-

... Made me think of DBO and how some Namekians can have little shenrons as pets. :)
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:31 am

Over the years I'm fairly positive I've hit the triple digits when it comes to DB related dreams. I've had some pretty crazy ones, but for now I'll post a fairly recent one. It was this bizarre mix of Evangelion, DBZ, and Kingdom Hearts.

I was hanging out at my house with two roommates, Rei & Asuka. Every once in a while, my dad (who looked like a mixture of himself and Gendo Ikari) would walk around with a clipboard. I was convinced that I was part of some sort of weird social experiment, but I didn't care. I had video games. I played Super Smash Bros. with Rei, but Asuka didn't want anything to do with us. She just kept reading gossip magazines. All of a sudden, I heard machine guns firing in the living room. I peeked around the corner and saw a group of Majin soldiers, led by Babidi and Dabura. I grabbed Rei and told her we had to leave. She said, "Should we save Asuka?" I looked her right in the eyes and said, "Nah, Asuka's a bitch." As soon as we got out of the house, the entire perspective of the dream changed. It was a third person view, the exact angle used in the Command Board minigame from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. I had to roll dice so that I could stay away from Babidi and Dabura, as they had began to chase us. I woke up after several dice rolls.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:03 am

Eddie wrote:Over the years I'm fairly positive I've hit the triple digits when it comes to DB related dreams. I've had some pretty crazy ones, but for now I'll post a fairly recent one. It was this bizarre mix of Evangelion, DBZ, and Kingdom Hearts.

I was hanging out at my house with two roommates, Rei & Asuka. Every once in a while, my dad (who looked like a mixture of himself and Gendo Ikari) would walk around with a clipboard. I was convinced that I was part of some sort of weird social experiment, but I didn't care. I had video games. I played Super Smash Bros. with Rei, but Asuka didn't want anything to do with us. She just kept reading gossip magazines. All of a sudden, I heard machine guns firing in the living room. I peeked around the corner and saw a group of Majin soldiers, led by Babidi and Dabura. I grabbed Rei and told her we had to leave. She said, "Should we save Asuka?" I looked her right in the eyes and said, "Nah, Asuka's a bitch." As soon as we got out of the house, the entire perspective of the dream changed. It was a third person view, the exact angle used in the Command Board minigame from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. I had to roll dice so that I could stay away from Babidi and Dabura, as they had began to chase us. I woke up after several dice rolls.
I applaud you for having the memory to remember at least 100 DB-related dreams. :)

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:54 am

Eh, my memory isn't that special. I just happen to have incredibly vivid dreams. Not all of my DB dreams are that exciting, either. I've had quite a few that are just boring, everyday scenarios. Buying DBZ movie 2 and playing DBZ games, for example. Having vivid dreams can be a bit of a curse, too. I've had more borderline (and quite possibly complete) night terrors than I care to fully discuss. Waking up after flying around the world and gathering Dragon Balls is awesome. Waking up screaming due to repeated stabbings or finding yourself punching your shelves upon waking for reasons you don't remember sucks.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:04 am

Eddie wrote:Eh, my memory isn't that special. I just happen to have incredibly vivid dreams. Not all of my DB dreams are that exciting, either. I've had quite a few that are just boring, everyday scenarios. Buying DBZ movie 2 and playing DBZ games, for example. Having vivid dreams can be a bit of a curse, too. I've had more borderline (and quite possibly complete) night terrors than I care to fully discuss. Waking up after flying around the world and gathering Dragon Balls is awesome. Waking up screaming due to repeated stabbings or finding yourself punching your shelves upon waking for reasons you don't remember sucks.
Oh, OK. :)

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:14 pm

I was being chased by 2 guys and Raditz came down to save me.