Japan Earthquake Magnitude 8.9

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kei17
I Live Here

Re: Japan Earthquake Magnitude 8.9

Post by kei17 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:54 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:http://i.imgur.com/rJIpI.jpg <-- stupid fucking Americans
That kind of people do exist here as well, so I can't blame them.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:54 pm

I pray for the Japanese people.
Also, for you One Piece Fans, Oda is allright.
Anyone know if Masako Nozawa, Kenji Yamamoto and Ryo Horikawa is allright?
Last edited by songohan619 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:59 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:http://i.imgur.com/rJIpI.jpg
That just pisses me off. I know that Pearl Harbor was a horrible event. My own grandfather fought in the Pacific Theater. But also, the town I live in (Richland, WA) was built for the purpose of housing the workers that were making plutonium for Fat Man, the bomb that was dropped on Nagasaki, at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation. That ended the war, and at least can you say that we got even? I don't believe in getting even, but I know the end of the war started a great relationship between the US and Japan. Pearl Harbor was initiated by a government that was ended 6 decades ago. So some "patriotic" jackasses can go and say "lol Japan got pwned by that tsunami. dats wut u get for bombing pearl harbor", and what is accomplished? Nothing. I love my country, but I also know that you have to forgive. I have a elderly neighbor across the street from my house who is from Japan and married an American soldier after the war, and seeing her makes me know that the Japanese people were propagandized a ton, but deep down most of them knew what they were doing was wrong. They hated what their government was doing. So why should their descendants, who would agree with what their country did in the war less than those who lived during that time, be punished for it?
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Those kinds of hateful messages make me sick.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan.

Kei17, Julian are OK and supposedly Akira Toriyama is alright.
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm gald that AT is okay. Makes wonder if Go Nagai is okay as well, I would hate to see anything bad happen to him since he is a a big influence in Anime and Manga history.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:29 pm

Disgusting, truly.

I hope all of the good of this world can turn to Japan in this moment.
Nothing good comes of this cycle of spite and hatred- and this "what goes around comes around" mentality. It's ridiculous.
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:33 pm

*Ignore this post.*
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nils_McCloud

Post by Nils_McCloud » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:34 pm

You know, I think we can keep replying to these messages, but that would give them legitimacy that they frankly don't deserve.

All I know is I don't have a clue as to WHAT motivates these people to act like such trash.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:47 pm

Nils_McCloud wrote:You know, I think we can keep replying to these messages, but that would give them legitimacy that they frankly don't deserve.

All I know is I don't have a clue as to WHAT motivates these people to act like such trash.
I think they just see the need to be douche bags for whatever crappy reason they come up with.

But right now I'm thinking of our foreign-exchange student from Japan... I heard her family was okay yesterday, but now with this stuff going down... I don't want to think about it.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Good news, guys.
Hiroki Takahashi is alive.
Here is a list of everyone that has survived:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... fter-quake

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Wow, people like this are a plague to mankind.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:15 pm

People are really complaining about Pearl Harbor? After we bombed two big cities in Japan? Every WWII veteran I've met has never thought of "getting back" for Pearl Harbor; the bombings were enough. The sad thing is, a lot of those people are just plain racist and ignorant. Perhaps they're unaware that the United States and Japan are allies? No, I'm gonna go with the fact they're ignorant and racist.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:20 pm

"Imagine there's no countries / It isn't hard to do"
Did these people forget what the man said?
This way the world will never live as one.
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Damn, what the hell is that??? It's like I will be hating Germans for invading my country and killing countless people here. Actually I never thought of something like that, nor I blame Japanese for invading China. What they did in Nanking or Shanghai is on way different level then Pearl Harbor + that Japan will never say sorry or take full reponsibility to at least state it officially what they've done in fullscale. What the US army does in wars is also different thing (When they started war in Vietnam by fake incident for example which lead to some of greatest war massacres).
And to be politically correct, what our country did to Germans after war, when they gathered men and children in warehouses and comunist militia shot them one after one is also not by the book.
In general, war is not okay and everybody did horrible things and we should let the things of past flow away and learn for them.
We are in 21st century for god's sake :evil:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:25 pm

I don't go on Facebook often, but people like that are the people with no real friends, that are just trying to get others to like them by making a joke of some kind, if anyone of their "friends" say something about it then they take it down straight away, out of fear of getting their ass handed to them.

As far as wars go people do what they need to survive.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:26 pm

If it's true that Norio Wakamoto is helping out, then damn, that guy is more awesome than I already gave him credit for. Which was a lot.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:29 pm

oXdanXo wrote:I don't go on Facebook often, but people like that are the people with no real friends, that are just trying to get others to like them by making a joke of some kind, if anyone of their "friends" say something about it then they take it down straight away, out of fear of getting their ass handed to them..
And they'll do it on their made in Japan laptop.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:Norio Wakamoto is confirmed to be alive and is apparently helping out with relief efforts according to 2ch (not entirely sure on the 2ch thing):

http://twitter.com/kiriyama35/status/46618218999201792

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/php ... 52#1080852 (Again, not too sure on this. Tried doing a search on this and couldn't find anything).

Great guy. Awesome to know that he's helping out. :)

Also, as with everyone else, my thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan and their country. Hopefully they can get through this nightmare...
Well, duh. God can't die. :P
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:38 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:Norio Wakamoto is confirmed to be alive and is apparently helping out with relief efforts according to 2ch (not entirely sure on the 2ch thing):

http://twitter.com/kiriyama35/status/46618218999201792

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/php ... 52#1080852 (Again, not too sure on this. Tried doing a search on this and couldn't find anything).

Great guy. Awesome to know that he's helping out. :)

Also, as with everyone else, my thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan and their country. Hopefully they can get through this nightmare...
Well, duh. God can't die. :P
I couldn't resist.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:43 pm

For those worried about the safety of their favorite VA or anime director (which seems a little silly in such a big crisis, but okay, I guess I kind of get it), I'd like to point out a good number of them live in Tokyo, which wasn't that badly affected.

Also, Ryo Horikawa is fine. Updated his Twitter yesterday.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?