Kuririn or Tenshinhan?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:52 am

Liam don't start with that mid-life crisis ponytail comment again! Didn't we already discuss it on the old forum? And then it just went on and on and got really disturbingly obsessive.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:59 am

No, that was the much more popular "Vegeta has a receeding hairline" topic. The "Yamcha is having a mid-life crisis and has grown a pony-tail" topic is a new one.

I win!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:04 am

Yes, but you did throw it into the conversation did you not? Maybe that was another one....Oh dear Lord, I'm discussing the hair topics again! Must stop now!

RatGoku

Post by RatGoku » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:08 am

Now see: If I was on all the time, posting, I would know what's going on. But hair in DragonBall? Ouch!
Hey look, it's a signature!

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:16 am

Well, hair in anime is pretty...notable anyway. But when you've got Yamcha and Bulma in your line up, every day is hair discussion day!

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:40 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:The answer is simple. Kuririn is the strongest human...because Tenshinhan isn't human! He's from Earth, but their's lots of non-human species that live on Earth in the DB world. I mean do you see any other 3 eyed humans?
But Kuririn doesn't have a nose... How many humans in the DB world lack noses? Just his daughter, and she magically grows one later on.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:28 am

Yes, but Kuririn isn't the only character in DB who doesn't have a nose, and in a few episodes they actually say he's human. But I've never heard anyone call Tenshinhan human.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:23 am

true but they've never called Tenshinhand ANYTHING, so you're just assuming.
-Laserkid

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:05 am

I assume nothing...I just stated he's never called human, while Yamcha and Kuririn are.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:01 pm

I don't have the daizenshuu in front of me, now, but there's no distinction made between "Earthlings" and "Humans"; but from what I remember, all of the characters in question are listed under the "Earthlings" section.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:25 pm

They are.
Humans: 75%
Animals: 17%
Monsters (has a picture of Pilaf): 7%
Half-breeds (half-saiyans): 1%

Freaky how I'm making that part of my site as I stumble on this msg.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:27 pm

Ah, right right... I remember the "Monsters" part, now. See? This is what I get for not having my stuff on me :P
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:33 pm

The book sold the most all around the world is the bible. I think every home should have daizenshuu 7 instead. :D
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:19 pm

Half-Saiyans make up 1% of the planet? Then those constant attacks really have taken their toll on the overal population level.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:14 am

Dayspring wrote:... I like our DB though. Except for the opening + ending the music's the same. It's also fairly unedited considering there was more nudity+gay jokes in it. Mmmm....nudity... DAMN Toriyama for drawing Kame-Senin in a teddy! Now I can't ever bring myself to wear women's lingerie again! It's a good thing he died of a heart attack! Or was shot in the heart, I forget. Or was he on one of the 911 planes?
That coulda been sarcasm, there, but just in case it wasn't:
http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~vegex/guides/rumors
(It's the second one down.) :D
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:20 am

He was indeed being sarcastic Jedi. We were joking around the other night about all the stupid rumours that kids always argue to you that are true because they don't know enough to see the websites where they read it at are run by "nimrods". :wink: But it's nice that you put the link up anyway, in case someone reading it, takes Dayspring's joke at face value.
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:31 am

Jerseymilk wrote:She was indeed being sarcastic Jedi. We were joking around the other night about all the stupid rumours that kids always argue to you that are true because they don't know enough to see the websites where they read it at are run by "nimrods". :wink: But it's nice that you put the link up anyway, in case someone reading it, takes Dayspring's joke at face value.
Ah, yes, reading that thread now. Funny (well, no... actually, sad) how some people believe everything they see on the internet without considering the source. :roll: I guess that's why we have the Rumor Guide, though (as well as its spiritual parent, Snopes.com). I just wish somebody could get common sense to prevail, for once... :?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:27 am

Jerseymilk wrote:She was indeed being sarcastic Jedi. We were joking around the other night about all the stupid rumours that kids always argue to you that are true because they don't know enough to see the websites where they read it at are run by "nimrods". But it's nice that you put the link up anyway, in case someone reading it, takes Dayspring's joke at face value.
Jerseymilk wrote:She was indeed being sarcastic Jedi.
Jerseymilk wrote:She
You're from Jersey AND you produce milk and you call ME a "she"?! :evil:

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:41 pm

Oh my God! I'm so sorry for that typo Dayspring! :oops: I just fixed it! Please forgive me Sensei! Don't make me stand on the pike balancing the water on my knee for 3 days again!! Please!! :cry: *prostrating at Sensei Dayspring's feet*

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:00 pm

That's it! Beg for my forgiveness! Beg! BEEEEGG!!!! :twisted: