Fanmanga - DBZ Embraced Ancestry

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.
User avatar
StarRot
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Fanmanga - DBZ Embraced Ancestry

Post by StarRot » Fri May 27, 2011 3:35 pm

I just stumbled upon this fan comic and I HAVE to share.
The style is just amazing. Oh, I love it so. Story is pretty good so far too.

Source: CarlosTheManOfLove

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by StarRot on Fri May 27, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Sun-Wukong
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DBZ Embraced Ancestry

Post by Sun-Wukong » Fri May 27, 2011 4:16 pm

He also did this awesome piece of commission art.
Image

Yeah, that comic is fantastic; I can't wait to see what happens next.
This will never not be my sig:
VegettoEX wrote:"Snoop Lion" is just a character he's playing for his reggae album and documentary. Him saying that it's his new name is all part of the character.

I can't believe this is on-topic.

User avatar
Rocketman
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10799
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:17 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DBZ Embraced Ancestry

Post by Rocketman » Fri May 27, 2011 7:01 pm

I love it when fanmangas use a different art style. Also like the five o' clock shadows on Goku and Vegeta.

User avatar
StarRot
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DBZ Embraced Ancestry

Post by StarRot » Sat May 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Rocketman wrote:I love it when fanmangas use a different art style.
Totally agreed.
Makes for a nice change of pace. I'm bored of Toriyama clones.

User avatar
StarRot
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DBZ Embraced Ancestry

Post by StarRot » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Page 18.

Image

User avatar
Akumaito Beam
Regular
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DBZ Embraced Ancestry

Post by Akumaito Beam » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Wow this is really good, I kinda want the entire story in this art style. I love the attention to detail like Vegeta glancing at Goku exasperatedly at his super line. We're getting a lot of really solid fan mangas recently for reasons I'm not quite sure of.

User avatar
StarRot
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DBZ Embraced Ancestry

Post by StarRot » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:20 pm

It would be quite cool if the artist did his own take on some of the sagas, re-drawing and re-telling them.
He's a talented writer as well as artist.

User avatar
batistabus
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 2108
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:55 pm
Location: DBS:SH

Re: Fanmanga - DBZ Embraced Ancestry

Post by batistabus » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Damn...awesome art style going on here. I Definitely want to keep up with this one.

User avatar
Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Re: Fanmanga - DBZ Embraced Ancestry

Post by Maphisto86 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:01 am

I always thought a plotline resembling this would be a cool Fan Fiction idea (Vegeta stealing Trunk's time machine to alter history or somesuch). Carlos' comic is a real fun read and he captures the essence of the characters well with his artform I think. Not to mention I never pictured Son Goku with some facial scruff. :lol: That alone is worth it! 8) I wonder where this is heading and how or why Goku and Vegeta decided to alter the past. Or is that create an alternate timeline? Sci-fi temporal paradoxes are so hard to figure out. :?

User avatar
BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here
Posts: 2103
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DBZ Embraced Ancestry

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:37 pm

It's like.... Emperor's New Groove DBZ. Seriously, that Goku has a very recent Disney look about him. :shock:

So darn original I really can't complain! :lol:

Time paradox indeed. Looks like Appule or someone like him is actually getting to hit something.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Post Reply