I'm stuck on this decision....

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.
User avatar
Attitudefan
I Live Here
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: Canada

I'm stuck on this decision....

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:07 pm

if you want to audition, pm me me but let me know on this thread: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... =6&t=17471

The animation is complete, well the intro is, can't start if there are no actors...
So I'd like to start out by saying I have a large project in my hands, a Dragon Ball animation, that will span 5 episodes or so.... well the problem is I have no idea what BGMs I should even use.

I have originally thought of using the US score and Budokai scores mixed in with the Japanese score but I find that would sound amateurish and overall fanboy crap. I would like the opinions of you, the Daizex community, to give me some personal opinions. I don't want, "use this score because it's orchestral or rock or just because it's better." Now I know you guys might be like, what's the story, but that is a secret for now because thieves are out there ready to get at whatever is to awesome for them :)

So here's the list on what I'd like to do:
  • Kikuchi score only
    Faulconer score only
    Shuki Levy score only
    Kai score only
    Budokai 1-3 score only
    all the above combined
The problem with all of the above is it has to be done right. I am a sound FX guy for videos. I love Editing so it may not be a problem, I ain't no Average Joe when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Almost irrelevant, but I'll need voice actors too, I don't really want text, but you would need a good mic and sound quality. If you have ideas to hook me up with someone you saw/know then write their name down and I'll check them out.
Freeza has already been chosen.... so no need for that. Ginyu Force is no need either.

I need a:
  • Goku preferably similar to Kelamis or Nozawa (if a female actress can sound like Goku, that would be pretty sweet)
    Brian Drummond style Vegeta
    Tenshinhan
    Yamcha (I can do this one but I would like to see someone that's not me and could do a better job)
    Krillin
    Bulma
    Roshi
    Gohan (baby)
    Raditz
    Nappa
    possibly Oolong and Puar
    Chiaotzu
more characters will be mentioned later as the animation progresses...

have faith in me, help me out, and hope that it WILL be completed
Last edited by Attitudefan on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

User avatar
ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:54 pm
Location: United States

Re: I'm stuck on this decision....

Post by ThunderPX » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:23 am

Personally, I'd say the only two scores in that list that are compatible with each other are the Kai and video game scores, since they were both done by Kenji Yamamoto. Each of the composers has their own distinct style, not to mention very different-sounding arrangements and recordings. If you do end up going with a Yamamoto mix, I'd also recommend looking into some of the old video game soundtracks; the CD versions are arranged with real instruments and they've generally aged very well.

Also, I'd like to give voice acting a try. Are there any pointers you have for the characters other than Goku and Vegeta, or do you just want an original interpretation?
I'm Rosie (she/her 🏳️‍⚧️). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!
Also check out my Super Saiya Densetsu remake project!

User avatar
Attitudefan
I Live Here
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: Canada

Re: I'm stuck on this decision....

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:44 pm

ThunderPX wrote:Personally, I'd say the only two scores in that list that are compatible with each other are the Kai and video game scores, since they were both done by Kenji Yamamoto. Each of the composers has their own distinct style, not to mention very different-sounding arrangements and recordings. If you do end up going with a Yamamoto mix, I'd also recommend looking into some of the old video game soundtracks; the CD versions are arranged with real instruments and they've generally aged very well.

Also, I'd like to give voice acting a try. Are there any pointers you have for the characters other than Goku and Vegeta, or do you just want an original interpretation?
Thank you for responding my good friend :)

I'd love to have originality in the characters, that would be great!
So for Nappa, I'd still like a deep gruff voice similar to his English counter parts. Raditz can sound like anything really, I saw a Kai fandub with him and it was a very cocky voice but not a copy. Well done here it is

For Tenshinhan, I would like an interpretation but if imitation is possible that would be "best"

I'm thinking of Using Yamamoto's scores as it would fit the context of the animation.


So what I am really looking for is good acting. Something that fits.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

User avatar
djkalteraphine
Regular
Posts: 746
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Contact:

Re: I'm stuck on this decision....

Post by djkalteraphine » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:16 am

I'd be interested in trying out for parts. Particularly, Krillin and Nappa.

User avatar
Attitudefan
I Live Here
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: Canada

Re: I'm stuck on this decision....

Post by Attitudefan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:08 am

djkalteraphine wrote:I'd be interested in trying out for parts. Particularly, Krillin and Nappa.
good :D

Could you post a video to YouTube or upload it to 4shared so I can see it?

Post a link.

If you guys get picked I'll send you a script.

So for now just say some lines from DragonBall or random crap. Have yelling, talking and most importantly emotion! :D
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

User avatar
hleV
Banned
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Lithuania

Re: I'm stuck on this decision....

Post by hleV » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Damn, I can only do Chris Sabat's Vegeta (Piccolo?) voice. And my mic's crappy.

User avatar
Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1684
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:24 pm
Contact:

Re: I'm stuck on this decision....

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Maybe you could ask some of teamfourstar's va's. They might be down.

User avatar
Attitudefan
I Live Here
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: Canada

Re: I'm stuck on this decision....

Post by Attitudefan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:Maybe you could ask some of teamfourstar's va's. They might be down.
I might get the guy who does "Brian Drummond Vegeta" in the FAQ special....

But I would love a different Raditz, Krillin, Oolong and Puar.

These are the VA's in episode 1 so, more to come soon!
Damn, I can only do Chris Sabat's Vegeta (Piccolo?) voice. And my mic's crappy.
Don't worry about it dude.

I would love if some of the VA's represented their Japanese counter parts just to note.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

User avatar
ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:54 pm
Location: United States

Re: I'm stuck on this decision....

Post by ThunderPX » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:17 pm

I'll send my audition to you tomorrow afternoon. I'll try a couple different characters, mostly based off the Japanese version just 'cause I'm not very good at imitating the FUNimation cast. :P
I'm Rosie (she/her 🏳️‍⚧️). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!
Also check out my Super Saiya Densetsu remake project!

User avatar
Attitudefan
I Live Here
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: Canada

Re: I'm stuck on this decision....

Post by Attitudefan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:36 pm

ThunderPX wrote:I'll send my audition to you tomorrow afternoon. I'll try a couple different characters, mostly based off the Japanese version just 'cause I'm not very good at imitating the FUNimation cast. :P
Cool, I can't wait :)

After all the decisions are made I'll bring up a new thread with the lists of all the actors.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Post Reply